Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LRP pictures

New pictures are up and it looks great...

What is Clarks connection to the track?

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Thank you Clark for the pictures.
    It looks like significant improvement was made at the uphill. I'm not sure whether all work has been completed yet. If it has, I'm concerned that the tire barrier is a bit too short. In my opinion it should have been extended at least 30 feet before and 20 feet past the turn. Of course I'm not sure whether physical limitions prevented this from happening. In any case, I'm thankful for the work.
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

Hmmm. With all of this extra runoff, maybe I'll finally have the guts to do the uphill without lifting this year!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

now now dave, don't get to crazy!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

What is Clarks connection to the track?

[/b]
    From his website
    I work at Lime Rock as an employee (along with less than a dozen others) as a corner worker for private club events (Porsche, BMW, SCDA, etc), Tuesday test days and also for Skip Barber School at Station 8 for school days and general corners for their race series. I have done this for the past 5 of 6 years. In 2005 I worked over 60 days for such events. I am a pit marshal for SCCA staffed events. I made a total of 80 round trips to Lime Rock in 2005 for various events.[/b]

Overall it looks great! I think the uphill is a great improvement, I hope everyone remembers that the actaul pavement is still the same and if you dropped off 2 wheels before you can't suddenly go faster jsut cause the gaurdrail is farther away... Hint to Raymond java script:emoticon('', 'smid_13&#39

I only see 1 spot that my car would have got serious damage if these "improvements" where made 3 years ago... Who else has gone into the corner off to the left before no name straight.... Looks like those 3 layers of tires will help but it is still a good 10' closer. I have tapped the tires in the old location but now that would be much different!

I like the idea of being cost effective and installing the new gaurdrails in front of the old ones. Much cheaper and deffinety looks like the person in charge of this project is consious that we all dislike the already high rental fees and that these improvements had to be done as cheap as possible. Maybe they have extra money to repave the track java script:emoticon('', 'smid_25&#39

Stephen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

if you dropped off 2 wheels before you can't suddenly go faster jsut cause the gaurdrail is farther away[/b]
    Oh, I don't know about that. I know I'll approach it a bit differently even if it's just a mental thing.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Hello everyone, Mike Rand again, quite a difference from the first set of photos, isn't it ? I told you so......

After numerous visits from various Regional Flag & Communications Chiefs I think we have at least the majority of corner station issues handled.

The catch fence cableing has not been done yet, I am still waiting for the material to be sourced but by the end of June it should be done.

The recovery room, it doesn't really qualify as runoff, at the uphill will be paved as soon as someone opens an asphalt plant, likely to be early April. But even with just dirt and multiple layers of tire wall, then jersey barrier, then armco, then fence, it is a major improvement over the way it was for going on 50 years.

By the way, Clarks involvement is self generated, he does work as a flagger on Tuesdays and for clubs/Skip BarberRace Series/etc,but in no way speaks for Lime Rock, as he will be the first to tell you.

A word of caution to all: if you were one who came rocketing into pitlane at high speed, don't do that anymore. The permanent long pit lane, previously used only for ALMS, has a very tight and slow pit entry. Really. No more 100mph peel off the track into pit in. Unless you want an up close and personal visit to the massive tire wall guarding the end of the outer pit wall.

Stopped a LRP today and walked the track to look at the new changes. They all looked good and made sense to me. I hope they continue to improve the track and the facilities. Thanks to the folks at LRP.
    JR

Michael,
    Thanks for providing such great details about what's being done at LRP. One thing I wasn't clear on: is the entire paddock being paved over? I certainly hope so, as it sucks being in mud when it rains. All other tracks have more "modern" paddock areas, so this is one of my few gripes about LRP. No garages, dirt paddock area, etc.

Thanks and keep up the great work. Can' wit to be back on track in April.
    -Devin C

Drove the track yesterday at a PDA event. Didn't notice many of the changes when I was at speed. The one spot that did look worse to me was the up hill!! My issue has always been if I apex early or get pushed out too far, I would hit the guard rail at, or just past the flag station. But they installed guard rail with tires that comes out perpendicular (where the hell is the spell check!!) to the track right in front of the flag station. It seems to come with in a couple of feet from the track.

Again, it was the last thing I was thinking about when I was driving. On the 8th I'm going back and I'll try to take a good look at it.

The big change is pit-in. Need to be a little more careful than in the past when entering..............
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Jeff-

I thought that about the uphill, but decided to zip the mouth till I saw the end results, as mike asked, and proved us wrong before... Will wait to see it, but a deffinate concern...

At the PDA event did you have the Saturn out??? is it a winner??? excited about it!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

At the PDA event did you have the Saturn out??? is it a winner??? excited about it!!!

Raymond
    [/b]
    Yes, I took the Saturn. I think I made the right decision in buying it!! As far as winning?? I'm sure the car can, it's the driver that will need some work!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I was also at the PDA event, and that can-opener they installed at the top of the uphill will peel every bit of sheet metal from a car if it is clipped. You can't help but notice it, going through the turn. That run off they added will only help if your brakes fail going down no name. I will get a short video clip from my in car asap. But I can tell already that it is far more menacing in real life then in the video.

Kevin
    Kevin Anderson