Originally posted by JLawton@Jan 24 2006, 12:05 PM
We ALL agree that there are a bunch of IT rules that don't make sense!!

However, just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean you can IGNORE it!!

If you think a role is stupid and disregard it, you're cheating!! Plane and simple!!

As others have mentioned, if you brag about having illegal parts, what other areas are suspect??

Don't give me that crap about not adding to performance but adding to longevity. To finish first, you first have to finish!!
[snapback]71846[/snapback]
If WE all agree that some rules need revision and WE are the ones racing, why don't WE petition the revisions that keep IT affordable as an entry level class? Without racers SCCA is just a figure head. I find it strange that WE, in general, just sit back and take it. SCCA doesn't really care that much about IT or they would make it a National Class. Why not update the rules? Like I said before, SCCA racing isn't what it used to be and never was.

I was boasting about running shot peened rods. But let me ask you this, if you protest my car for the rods being illegal how can you prove that I shot peened my rods? Did Volvo shot peen the rods from the Factory? Were the rods shot peened from another rebuild by a shot that uses shot to clean engine parts? Basically this modification only increases the life of the rod by increasing the rods fatigue life. If you're going to complain abou that I feel sorry for you. Same goes for someone who would protest the use of a diff. cooler. That makes for a satisifying victory!

If you suspect my car's illegal, put up or shutup. Not trying to be rude, but if you aren't going to protest, then you're just a whiner. No one likes a whiner and you are doing nothing about keeping IT honest. Oh, and the accused is, of course, innocent until proven guilty.

I will only use a diff. cooler if it is added to the ITCS. I think that it is an oversight that should be addressed. For the naysayers, take the time to get some temp readings from you diff.'s. I think you'll be surprised at how hot they actually get.

I'm sure the VAG fans will say quit whining as they have to replace wheel bearings just about every race. Maybe they're right.