Thread: Door Bar Updates

WINTER SPECIAL:
    Beat next years rush for your IT/SM door bar updates.

Door bars added to your current cage for $35 per foot of tubing (for 1020 DOM) installed. First 2 notches free per side. $15 per additional notch.

NASCAR style bars, $35 per foot, $25 per bend, $15 per notch (first 2 notches free)

All prices include removal of existing doorbars (if needed).

Other fabrication services available (convert bolt in cages to weld in, seat brackets, harness bar relocations/additions, gussets, etc).

Call: 314-302-3395 or [email protected]

Don't wait till next year
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Prebent NASCAR bars available as well for you DIY type guys

$25 per bend + Material cost + shipping

Email or call for more details.
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

***NASCAR style bars, $35 per foot, $25 per bend, $15 per notch (first 2 notches free)***

Scott, I just did some approx measuring today for NASCAR door tubes.

Lets presume:

4 tubes x 4 foot each x $35/foot = $560.00 (If each tube is 5 feet long add $140)

4 tubes x 2 bends/tube x $25/bend = $200.00

4 notches x $15/notch = $60.00

Total for 4 NASCAR bars = $820.00

Someone please help me. Is my math correct ?

Scott, I need to ask you a serious question. Why would anyone pay the rate your charging for these friken NASCAR door bars. I understand welding is included.

I like you as a person but I for one can't justify these kind of costs even if I lived in St Louis.

For a little perspective a person can buy a almost complete (some notches to complete) Spec Miata cage from a shop in Cal. for just under $1,000.00 packaged plus shipping.

I have quotes fron 5 full time Professional race car shops (two near by out of Wisconsin) for an IT cage with NASCAR door bars, a Petty bar sort of with 4 more tubes than required & the 7th & 8th brace ranging in cost from 2 shops at $1,500 each to $3,000.............. 4130 & the mounting plates included. I guess demand dictates cost. No, I am not going with either $1,500 shop.

Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

I should have known that anything put in writing around here was going to be run through the ringer :119: Gouging IT.com members is not my intent (uh oh... the intent word!!!)

How about giving me a call if you have questions. I'm usually a pretty resonable person 314-302-3395

Obviously nobody's going to pay $820 for some NASCAR bars. Customers have paid me less for entire cages.

Prices above presume most people will be adding a bar to their existing single bar, or adding one bent bar and a couple of stringers per side.

Could I cover every possible scenerio out there in IT land? No. Would it take about 4-5 hours to correctly remove an existing doorbar and install a NASCAR bar and associated verticals? By the time you level the car up (you would expect the car to be leveled up before cutting major element out wouldn't you?), cut the old bar(s) out, possibly remove the seat, prep the hoop and downbars, cut, bend, notch, test fit, adjust the fit, weld, reinstall the seat, cut the door etc etc.

You betcha.

Again, call with questions. I'll be happy to answer them.

Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

***Again, call with questions. I'll be happy to answer them.***

I will e-mail you before I call so that you can get what I desire & your costs started.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14