Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: It's here...

Just to clarify costs on a GSR motor package, this would include ecu tuning,header & exhaust $11,750 ITS
    An ITA engine is $5500.00 from my shop, are results speak for themselves, passed teardowns etc.. etc,and the ITS motor will not have Hondata, the ECU itself is $3550.00 but the tuning is part of the engine package,
    as far as intake manifold & head you are quite mistaken as they flow very well, infact some of the top all motor cars in the country running b series have used stock gsr intakes over many others in the past.It is possible to get the results, but hey will not come cheap, as far as your fairy dust comment Kevin I will take it as a joke especially since your father calls me and asks me about cam specs for your motor and I have been always nice and shared info to a point with you guys!Negativaty will never get you guys to the front of the grid, the car could do well if it had a little weight dropped off of it, the da ITA Integra used to be a toilet too , Jake can attest to some in car video's from the early days when I built one of the first ones,I stuck it out and spent the time and money to make it fast and was even able to beat the unbeatable RWD Nissan in a wheel to wheel race.It took alot of time & money to do it.Some of the parts I have tried and developed have trickled down to some of your cars .Are engines are built using all new internals, you will also need a 5.08 final drive which I have to really be able to hang with the top guys in ITS, a 4.9 on the longer tracks,with a 4.7 you will not even hang with the mid packers in ITA, It will not be a cheap car to build right but most of the cars in S are pretty big dollar.Its good thing you got the car for $2995.00, my silver car was $1800.00 I keep telling my wife thats all I got in it, but I think she is on to me.
    Anthony Serra ITA 99

as far as your fairy dust comment Kevin I will take it as a joke especially since your father calls me and asks me about cam specs for your motor and I have been always nice and shared info to a point with you guys![/b]
    It was absolutely, 120% a joke and even meant as a compliment. I've run against many MSN engine equipped cars now and every single one of them is a freaking horse down the straights.....and everyone of them will come out of any tech with flying colors. I know that and I know that it's a direct result of a ton of hours and a ton of development. I have nothing but respect for you, your guys, and your shop - you've been great to me. So when I say that you sprinkle some "magic fairy dust" on your engines, it's a compliment because it's just that. It's something you guys have that isn't easy to come by and why people come to you for some of the best engines in the business.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I know Kevin I like breakin chops too sometimes, Alex might have some fairy dust sprinkled on his car come November, if he still has the car. :P
    Anthony Serra ITA 99

Alex might have some fairy dust sprinkled on his car come November, if he still has the car. :P
    [/b]
    Man, don't be telling me that. I've barely been able to touch my car since November, will that get me anything?

So I was looking through the '06 GCR last night, just checking out the ITS classifications. The '94-00 GSR is classified at 2690lbs and a couple of the biggest concerns about the car is it's weight, the size of it's brakes, and the gearing in it's transmission. Then I saw this classification: the '99 Civic Si classified at 2360lbs with the exact same sized brakes of a GSR and damn near the gear ratios of an ITR. 330 less pounds, brake problems probably gone, fantastic gears, and only 10 less stock hp. But then I remembered that there's a reason why the B16 is called "the torqueless wonder" and that it would have to race against 2.5L, inline 6 BMW 325's. :P
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Yea but try to find a cheap civic SI...there is a full on effort one down here...i usually beat him but it sounds good coming at me on the long straights! I cant wait to run the ITS car...i will probably run A ans S at the ARRC...and If I get my business sold I will probably call Anthony. 190+ would do it! and never know...I will keep squeaking for all of us 4 cyl guys to get some kind of weight break to go after the giants!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

there is a very nice one in the MARRS series that consistently ran with the local bmw's and beat the rx7's/z's. driver posted the second fastest qualifying time of the year at summit last summer.
    [/b]
    I assume you're talking about Steve Hoffman's car.

There are a couple of SSC Civic Si's that are listed on the honda-tech site for sale under $7500. These would make good ITS donors - they've already got good cages and all of the safety equipment, spares, etc. Factor out the cost of all that stuff and you end up with a pretty cheap donor car.

Heck, the "showroom stock" engines are probably even strong enough that they will be sufficient - especially with a couple of bolt-ons - for use while the chassis setup is developed. You're obviously not going to be able to win the ARRC with that setup but it would likely be somewhat competitve at the local level without having to spend a million $'s right away.

As the MINI continues to assert itself in SSC, I can imagine alot of these Civics showing up for sale....

I assume you're talking about Steve Hoffman's car.
    [/b]
    yup! beautiful car and he is a blast to race with.

Andy and Matt you guys hit the nail on the head, and actually my dad races a monza in the NE devision (white) and i know all the problems he has to go throught every time he wants to race it, if it were placed in ITB it would have an eccelent chance, and my dad only get to racing twice a year and so what if he wins a few, and im not sayin give him an advantage. but there should also be a V8 monza able to race in ITA then it would be fair, not many parts are made for these cars and he has to hand fabricate all th parts himself in a limited garage lastly if nothing else lower the damn weight of this car i mean cmon almost 1 and a half tons, and if anyof you know v6's are horrible for racing because of balance problems just my 2 sence sry if its a bit late
    Abarth for those who dont know
    [jpg]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\MY SHIT\Car Stuff\lancia abarth a112 race car.jpg[/jpg]

watch out ITC im coming with my beetle....in a few years JACK WENNER is my name racing cars is my game

sry for the cheesey part

good lord a V8 Monza in ITA??!! I would build one in a heartbeat!! (no pun intended...well maybe!) small block small car...that would be a blast...but not in ITA. Maybe ITGT down here
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

I don't know, Evan. When those cars ran showroom stock, they were strong, but not that successful. The cars were heavy and basically a rebodied Vega. A few came with 305's, but most of them came with 262 cid. Low reving, heavy motors! Whether it's a 262 or a small block 400, it's still heavy. The secret to Chevy power lays in the parts bins that aren't legal for IT. However, if you remember the old IMSA Monza's...they can be made to be screamers! lol
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

monzas also came with 350's in the spider and v8 towne coupe
    [jpg]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\MY SHIT\Car Stuff\lancia abarth a112 race car.jpg[/jpg]

watch out ITC im coming with my beetle....in a few years JACK WENNER is my name racing cars is my game

sry for the cheesey part

That's right...forgot about them. I had my backside whooped badly by one of them at the '79 Solo II Nationals in Dallas. Surprised everyone.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

the monzas are not slow in a streight line with some tuning but in the turns, because of the drum brakes they melt and wont stop, thats another thing, could the monzas be equipted with rear disc brakes to help them be more competitive? would anybody else care that it has read discs?

sry for the cheesey part