OK, this isn't really a racing question. But I know SOMEBODY out there must know this stuff!

My daughter has "inherited" her mom's '92 civic with a B15 16-valve that got toasted when my wife decided that even though the temp gauge was pegged (it blew a water pump) she wasn't about to walk home so she drove it another 3 miles.

My son convinced me to buy a JDM B15 (also 16-valve) motor for $600 that supposedly has about 15,000 miles on it.

PROBLEM: The old motor is out, the new motor is in, BUT... although the rear and right side motor mounts fit perfectly, the left-side motor mount doesn't match up at all. The OEM engine bracket has two posts that are parallel to the fender. The JDM engine bracket has the same two posts, but they are angled about 45 degrees from parallel.

I talked to the kids at the local (Raleigh) ricer shop, and they told me to move the bracket over from the old motor to the new one. That doesn't seem to be viable, since the bracket appears to be cast as part of the block.

Has anyone else come across this? Are there places to buy JDM motor mounts? The guys at the ricer shop say "no", but I'm willing to listen to a second opinion.

Thanks in advance.

{BTW, please don't hold the fact that I race a Mazda against me! }