I realize this is not the Produciton list but the car that I am proposing for G Production would most likely be an IT car first. I am seeking suggestions and most of all support for this proposal.

Here is what I will be sending to the CRB:

Dear Sirs:

This is a request for the classification of the 79-85 12A Mazda RX7 into G Production as a limited preparation car with an Improved Touring engine. I am making this request because I believe the performance parameters of the 12A RX7 are a good fit for G Production. I also believe that other cars currently listed in G Production set a precedent for the inclusion of the 12A RX7. Specifically these “other” cars are the ITA and ITB classed Honda Civic/CRX Si that are listed as limited prep/IT Engine eligible cars in G Production.

Specifics

Engine

• IT legal engine (this includes no port matching as specified in the ITCS)
• Allow removal of OE oil injection*
• Allow intake manifold porting under carb for first 1 inch*

* These allowances would serve to aid reliability and performance. This is in keeping with other examples of IT engine, limited prep cars that are allowed compression and cam changes.

Driveline

• Limited prep transmission allowances
• Limited prep clutch/flywheel allowances
• Final drive ratio unrestricted

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels

• Limited prep suspension
• GSL four wheel disk brakes (F 227mm – R 236mm)
• 13 x 7 wheels

Weight

• 2060lbs (2006 GCR E Prod. 79-85 RX7 12A Min. Wt.) minimum weight. Weight added for Limited Prep legal transmission changes.

I believe the inclusion of the popular 79-85 12A RX7 into G Production will bolster the numbers in this class while not upsetting the competitive balance that exists today.

Sincerely

Scott Peterson
Member 175876

Your consideration is greatly apprecaited