Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Neighbors Hate Me.

In my part of the neighborhood we can race ALL YEAR!!!
    Its 75 degrees in my garage right now.

Just another of the 1000 reasons we are better than you.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Scott, the fine letter you had published in SportsCar recently was accompanied by the announcement of the Piloti shoe gift to the writer of the best, most eloquent letter each month. Did you get a pair of Pilotis?

I recognize that all your posts here are perfectly serious, but if the mood hits you sometime, you might try writing satire. I won't matter if everyone gets it or not.

And, Scott, I suggest you don't mess with that Harry too much (he's a bear!) at 6'4" and 225 pounds.
    Bill

i want to join your neiborhood!!!please!!
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

I am a snob from the north and my garage whips up on all your lame shacks. Count 'em 5, that's right FIVE garages with two race cars and quality broken down parts vehicles parked neatly behind. MY neighborhood can go screw because I have gates, dogs and guns. I don't have heavy breathing old gasbags wheezing at me when I work because the few neighbors I have know I hate them and I will sic my dogs on their skinny asses if they come near my own priivate neighborhood'.

I have one problem. I joined the board and now they are starting to sniff around my garages. I think they are getting strange thoughts like, maybe I'm nice and will let them use my garages. So I hooked up a 220 amp wire to the doorknob which completes the ciruit for the lighting problems I've been having - that way I know when they come sniffing around for tools and advice.

I actually think they are spies from down south...

Originally posted by benspeed@Jan 11 2006, 07:14 AM
    I actually think they are spies from down south...
    [snapback]70642[/snapback]

No, really, I just stumbled onto this forum. That makes me and my garge better than everybody else! Not that it matters!

What's that about bears? We don't care in our neighborhood, 'cause we're a bunch o'titans, ya hear, TITANS. That means giants, to those challenged ones.

Go My Neighborhood! Go my Garage!

I have to unload on the street and drive my car back to my shop.....it's a Mazda. Now, mind you, PLENTY of Harleys are WAY louder, (and for no good reason), but the 30 second trip must cause extreme duress for some of my neighboors, as I have been lucky enough to meet the towns finests on a few occasions.

Once they must have been busy, because they were late to my garage party! I already had the carb and manifold off, and the radiator out when they got there, with music gently wafting from the speakers.
    They seemed confused..."Where's the big party?" they asked.
    "Ummm I don't know, want a beer?" I replied.
    "Love to! But...can't", they replied.
    Soon we were talking cars..."Whats this under here?" they asked ...
    "Old 911" I replied....
    "Cool! My brother has a newer one..AND an old Barracuda!". And so it went.

Then they left...never did find out why they stopped in. Must be they wanted to hang at the garage for a bit...but the neighboors still hate me.

Even more.

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Originally posted by wbp@Jan 10 2006, 09:28 PM
    Did you get a pair of Pilotis?
    [snapback]70637[/snapback]
    Not yet.
    But I did get an email asking for my size, so I assume they are coming.

Satire?
    Hmmmmmm... Satire.

Actually, I hear such suggestions fairly often. I just don't feel that I'd actually be any good at sitting down and writing stuff off the top of my head.
    As mentioned earlier in this thread, I sort of need a "straight man" to get me going. In other words, I'll always need an "Abbott," or as in this case a hyper paranoid self absorbed raving looney from Florida.

Scott, who says "HA! My garage is better AND I won some Pilotis!!!" You guys should just bow before me now. Don't resist it!!! Resistance is... Uhhhh... Futile!!!

PS - Harry? A Bear?
    Bah. I could kick his ass and drink a beer without spilling any.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Chris,

As much as everyone seems to enjoy your satire, which I see far more as pure sarcasm on an issue you clearly know nothing about, I have to say it's just back up of the attitude that is trying to force the issue. We as a region are not self absorbed or think we have something better than anyone else. We simply want to be left alone to go racing. Is there something wrong with that? A region with 25 drivers wants to take away our races so they can make money. They already admitted such. That's the only issue. Your satirical take on it only supports their actions.

That makes what you are doing an affront to racers. Do you even realize that Atlanta is a 14 hour tow for most of us down here? I love Atlanta but it's two days of travel and two days off of work. Would I leave Florida if it wasn't so far? Sure. Is Atlanta better than Moroso? No doubt about it but Moroso is 45 minutes away. The plan being proposed will force me to tow 14 hours at least twice and with 140 people who expect a paycheck from me every Friday I just simply don't have the time so I will have to choose to not race. Is that productive? How would you feel?

Your little garage stories are funny but the issue isn't. You live in Georgia. Do you travel to Lime Rock? That's the equivalent of what I'm being asked to do so that Alabama region can put on races. How do you justify your support of programs and plans that cause racers not to race? Why are we being punished for doing a good job in signing up drivers and workers? We have a good thing going down here and instead of duplicating it you choose to attack it and hurt racers. I wish I had your kind of time and money that allowed me to tow 14 hours to races but I don't.

The majority shall rule.

Originally posted by Mattberg@Jan 11 2006, 01:42 AM

Your little garage stories are funny but the issue isn't. You live in Georgia. Do you travel to Lime Rock? That's the equivalent of what I'm being asked to do so that Alabama region can put on races.
    [snapback]70660[/snapback]

The way I see it, you have a few choices:

1) Build your own damn garage and stop coveting garages of others. They do not have to share their garage with you.

2) Move to a new neighborhood with more garages in the area. Then make nice with the garage owners so that you can use their garages.

3) Sabotage! Of course, this is illegal and the owners of the other garages may arrange for you to disappear before you get to their garage.

Garage access is a privilege, not a right!
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Mattberg,

You sound like the biggest pathetic whiner this forum has ever heard. If you came to my neighborhood they would tie you to the back of a my kids go cart and drag your ass the 14 hours you are whining about.

Then my dogs would eat you and your bones.

BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Originally posted by planet6racing@Jan 11 2006, 01:59 PM
    The way I see it, you have a few choices:

1) Build your own damn garage and stop coveting garages of others. They do not have to share their garage with you.

2) Move to a new neighborhood with more garages in the area. Then make nice with the garage owners so that you can use their garages.

3) Sabotage! Of course, this is illegal and the owners of the other garages may arrange for you to disappear before you get to their garage.

Garage access is a privilege, not a right!
    [snapback]70667[/snapback]
    More proof that you don't understand the issue. We covet nothing. We only want to race. The other regions want us to limit racing so they don't have competition. We are not asking them to share with us. We are fine. They are not. They want us to leave our garage and go to theirs.

The majority shall rule.

I feel so silly.

So this has nothing to do with garages and neighbors?

It's all about Matt?

Sorry, I won't read or post here again. My bad.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Jake, it was, I tried to redirect it to funny stories many of us im sure have a ton to share about our real neighbors and how they view our habits, but it failed and its back to the black ops, secret squirrel and how imporant matt is to others, because hes the only IT racer has to bust his but for a living.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

In my part of the neighborhood we can race ALL YEAR!!!
    Its 75 degrees in my garage right now.

Just another of the 1000 reasons we are better than you.
    Remember how "a thousand 'attaboys' are wiped out by one 'oh shite' "?
    You may have a 1000 reasons, but you have one "mattberg."

Besides, my garage hates me.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Originally posted by Mattberg@Jan 11 2006, 03:42 AM
    Chris,

As much as everyone seems to enjoy your satire, which I see far more as pure sarcasm on an issue you clearly know nothing about, I have to say it's just back up of the attitude that is trying to force the issue. We as a region are not self absorbed or think we have something better than anyone else. We simply want to be left alone to go racing. Is there something wrong with that? A region with 25 drivers wants to take away our races so they can make money. They already admitted such. That's the only issue. Your satirical take on it only supports their actions.

That makes what you are doing an affront to racers. Do you even realize that Atlanta is a 14 hour tow for most of us down here? I love Atlanta but it's two days of travel and two days off of work. Would I leave Florida if it wasn't so far? Sure. Is Atlanta better than Moroso? No doubt about it but Moroso is 45 minutes away. The plan being proposed will force me to tow 14 hours at least twice and with 140 people who expect a paycheck from me every Friday I just simply don't have the time so I will have to choose to not race. Is that productive? How would you feel?

Your little garage stories are funny but the issue isn't. You live in Georgia. Do you travel to Lime Rock? That's the equivalent of what I'm being asked to do so that Alabama region can put on races. How do you justify your support of programs and plans that cause racers not to race? Why are we being punished for doing a good job in signing up drivers and workers? We have a good thing going down here and instead of duplicating it you choose to attack it and hurt racers. I wish I had your kind of time and money that allowed me to tow 14 hours to races but I don't.
    [snapback]70660[/snapback]
    I'm going to get serious just this one post.
    I don't know why, because Matt surely won't understand it and his response will be raving lunacy, but I will try. I will try because thats just the kind of guy I am.

And this is aimed solely at our buddy Matt. Feel free to ignore it if you aren't Matt.

Matt...

Shut up.
    You don't get it.
    You are so tied up with "me me me" that you can't see the forest for the trees.

What would these things that you are so afraid of cause you to do? Travel a long way once or twice a year in order to compete for a championship?
    Hey Asshat!!! Guess What?
    The rest of us already do that!!!
    Oh, I have it soooooo great because I live in Georgia. Right?
    Whip out a map and check out how far VIR is from Albany Georgia. Its not a helluva lot different than from South Florida to Atlanta. Yet, I somehow manage at least one trip to VIR every year. 11 hours one way assuming minimal stops.
    So yes... 22 to 23 hours of travel and 2 days off work. Alot of us already do this, what are you bitching about?

What many of us would like to see is some of you Florida folks actually creep outside of Florida and race against us. We Georgia and Carolina folks often trek to Daytona and Sebring, but we rarely see you guys up here.
    It gets frustrating when you lose championships to someone you've NEVER MET because they won't leave south Florida and can do enough races down there to win.

Its a HUGE division. If you want to win a championship in it you should have to travel across it and race everyone.
    If you don't like that, or think its unfair, FINE. Start your own club or division. Seriously. Those of us who race 7 to 10 weekends a year but have never met you are completely fine with you doing that. Trust me.

This is assuming of course that these discussions are even happening and taking points races out of Florida is even on the agenda. It might, it might not be. I dunno and I really don't care. Its amatuer club racing... For little blocks of wood with plates glued to them. I don't let it keep me awake at night.

Matt, I know you are awesome and all, but we'll survive without you. Seriously. I'm not kidding. We'll be just fine.

Scott, who's name isn't Chris, and figures that just proves how thoroughly Matt reads a post before responding to it.

PS - Back to the Sarctire...
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

My neighbors used to complain about my race car being too loud when I start it up. I responded like any responsible neighbor would. I put a bigger seingle exhaust on my daily driver 325 and bought my daughter a yamaha powered kart. It must have worked, they don't complain about my race car anymore...

Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

I hate my neighbor, and his garages. That's right, he has two of them. A two-car version for the family stuff and a separate three-car for his toys, including a fully restored Model T, a fully restored XKE ragtop and, of course, the Porsche.

So my neighborhood is better than everyone else's neighborhood. We are great and everyone else is lame, lame, lame.

I still hate my neighbor, though. If his cars weren't so nice I'd go right over there and burn down his garage. How's that for conflicted?
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

I'm thinking about changing the name of my garage to mike's bike repair....and tool loaning

My neighbors hate me, but they're just a bunch of slow-driving, Buick-wielding octagenerians who keep running into my mailbox.

They can't hear my racecar either.

They think it's a pony.

Why do I keep getting junk mail for AARP????

MC
    Mark Coffin
    #14 FP VW Scirocco
    Former ITC roustabout...

Originally posted by Catch22@Jan 11 2006, 08:24 AM

What many of us would like to see is some of you Florida folks actually creep outside of Florida and race against us. We Georgia and Carolina folks often trek to Daytona and Sebring, but we rarely see you guys up here.
    It gets frustrating when you lose championships to someone you've NEVER MET because they won't leave south Florida and can do enough races down there to win.

Its a HUGE division. If you want to win a championship in it you should have to travel across it and race everyone.
    Fine then change the rules on the requirements to win the SARRC TITLE and leave the rest of the division schedule alone. This proposal would effect everyone who races regionals, nationals, driver's schools and SARRC races. Just because you are happy to travel to other tracks to race doesn't mean others should be forced to because of a stupid rule.

Milwaukee Region
    Member 289368
    #09 HP VW Golf