Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My Neighbors Hate Me.

One of my neighbors hated me.............he moved

Might have had something to do with his other neighbor with the 600 cu in drag car that moved in right next to him . We get along just FINE !

Why do I keep getting junk mail for AARP????
    You get those too, Mark?!

Man, I haven't been here in ages, this place has changed!
    Jay G.
    86 HP CRX

This thread was way more interesting while people didn't see the sarcasm in the lead post.

Stories about neighbors are way more entertaining to read than banter about possible hostile take-overs of turf (true or not).

Originally posted by Drew Aldred@Jan 11 2006, 10:36 AM
    Fine then change the rules on the requirements to win the SARRC TITLE and leave the rest of the division schedule alone. This proposal would effect everyone who races regionals, nationals, driver's schools and SARRC races. Just because you are happy to travel to other tracks to race doesn't mean others should be forced to because of a stupid rule.
    [snapback]70689[/snapback]
    My landlord and I have a large garage in back of our house (4 cars). We got smart. Since there was a door on one side and a door on the other side, we divided the garage in two so that it was equitable for both of us. We each have access to our own portion of the garage and, if we need to get into the other side for some reason (like when my GF brought here 66 Mustang up and we wanted to store it inside but it wouldn't fit in my garage), all we have to do is ask.

Initially, some of the people in the neighborhood were for this, others were against. Many were wondering how the utilities were going to be split, but we solved that by creating systems in both garages. Everyone I've talked to in the neighborhood has embraced the division, and we now have 10 additional tickets to the garage/alley party (since there are now 2 garages where there once was one).
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Originally posted by Drew Aldred@Jan 11 2006, 12:36 PM
    Fine then change the rules on the requirements to win the SARRC TITLE and leave the rest of the division schedule alone. This proposal would effect everyone who races regionals, nationals, driver's schools and SARRC races. Just because you are happy to travel to other tracks to race doesn't mean others should be forced to because of a stupid rule.
    [snapback]70689[/snapback]
    So, you think its OK to be able to win a "divisional" championship without ever leaving the state of Florida?

Well, I don't.
    There's lots of racing in this division happening outside of Florida.

Fine. If its too much to travel that far to race and win a championship, then the division needs to be split up. Maybe its just too damned big.
    Actually. It is just too damned big.

Damn. That was another serious post. I promise not to do it again.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

The truth of the whole neighbor deal is that a friend of mine from FL who was my neighbor is now a neighbor who lives just North of of the jerk who is trying to split the SoutEast division. First of all he is the same jerk neighbor to the friend of mine in FL who caused the split of the CenDiv so the the SouthEast Division would be the largest Division in the whole SCCA. Ya, I know the CenDiv & the SouthEast aren't real close neighbors but, close enough. Now the jerk is moving to California & he is pi$$ed that he will not live in the largest Division so he has initiated the FL split from the SouthEast Division. But neighbors not to worry because the neighbor, my friend who lives just North of the jerk who thinks he has a bunch of pull in the FL Regions tells me the jerk don't have $hit for pull.

Neighbors, I have three just to my North who have Harleys.......... Naw, I ain't going there cause they are friken goofy & the jerk neighbor to my friend from FL may tell my goofy neighbors what I said. At the same time I don't beleive my goofy neighbors have secret meetings discussing that suspension bushings are spherical bearings. That's a good thing & that's the way neighbors should be even tho their friken Harleys are louder that my ZOOM ZOOM.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Originally posted by Catch22@Jan 11 2006, 11:58 AM
    So, you think its OK to be able to win a "divisional" championship without ever leaving the state of Florida?

Well, I don't.
    I don't think it's OK to win a divisional championship w/o leaving the state of FL. But then change the rules for winning a championship. Make it a requirement to race X number of times outside your home state. Don't force ALL racers to travel just to go racing.

It's not OK either to force regions to give up events that are well attended and hope they will travel to other tracks for the benefit of the host region(s).

I realize there has been alot of comments like "This wasn't an official agenda item", and "We were just brainstorming", etc. But the whole idea is so without merit, it should have been shot down in 2 seconds and then forgotten about. I'm not against new ideas, or different ways of thinking. But when someone tosses out a bad idea, it should be discarded just as quickly.
    Milwaukee Region
    Member 289368
    #09 HP VW Golf

Originally posted by Mattberg@Jan 11 2006, 07:42 AM
    Chris,

As much as everyone seems to enjoy your satire, which I see far more as pure sarcasm on an issue you clearly know nothing about, I have to say it's just back up of the attitude that is trying to force the issue. We as a region are not self absorbed or think we have something better than anyone else. We simply want to be left alone to go racing. Is there something wrong with that? A region with 25 drivers wants to take away our races so they can make money. They already admitted such. That's the only issue. Your satirical take on it only supports their actions.

That makes what you are doing an affront to racers. Do you even realize that Atlanta is a 14 hour tow for most of us down here? I love Atlanta but it's two days of travel and two days off of work. Would I leave Florida if it wasn't so far? Sure. Is Atlanta better than Moroso? No doubt about it but Moroso is 45 minutes away. The plan being proposed will force me to tow 14 hours at least twice and with 140 people who expect a paycheck from me every Friday I just simply don't have the time so I will have to choose to not race. Is that productive? How would you feel?

Your little garage stories are funny but the issue isn't. You live in Georgia. Do you travel to Lime Rock? That's the equivalent of what I'm being asked to do so that Alabama region can put on races. How do you justify your support of programs and plans that cause racers not to race? Why are we being punished for doing a good job in signing up drivers and workers? We have a good thing going down here and instead of duplicating it you choose to attack it and hurt racers. I wish I had your kind of time and money that allowed me to tow 14 hours to races but I don't.
    [snapback]70660[/snapback]
    You attacked the wrong guy, this isn't my thread. Once again, you don't seem to have your facts straight.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Originally posted by Catch22@Jan 11 2006, 06:58 PM

Well, I don't.

Fine. If its too much to travel that far to race and win a championship, then the division needs to be split up. Maybe its just too damned big.
    Actually. It is just too damned big.

Damn. That was another serious post. I promise not to do it again.
    [snapback]70704[/snapback]
    You've got to stop that, it's ruining my opinion of you as an escaped mental patient from a secret garage!
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Did anyone actually read through Drew's letter. Change the rules for the Sarrc Championship, but don't limit the number of races, or force the racers all over to leave their states just to compete. If our region can support a lot of races, why should we be FORCED to compete elsewhere?
    While I may not approve of Matt's delivery, we should all thank him for having the balls to keep after this issue, and bring it to our attention! I would love to be able to visit a lot of different tracks across the country, but my budget won't allow it (yet!) As it is, I'm planning for my first trip to the RunOffs 2 years from now. Let me get my track time locally, while I'm saving up for the big dance.
    Holy Crap! Am I making sense??
    Mark Larson
    #83 G-Prod
    Mark P. Larson
    Fast Family Racing
    #83 GP Nissan 210
    CFR #164010
    3X CFR ITC Regional Champ
    1995 SEDIV ECR Champ
    Go Big Or Go Home!

Mark - you are making sense. However, you won't get a lot of sympathy from people who have to travel just to race (in my case 3, 6, 10, 11, or 13 hours one way). It's kind'a like getting a poor working stiff with 4 kids and a leaky roof to get all up-in-arms because the price for Beluga and Dom Perignon went up.
    .................................................. ................

BTT:

I don't have a problem with my immediate neighbors either - my next door neighbor drag races a big-block Dodge, and the guy 2 doors up from him has a 6-liter Chevy-powered sprint car. I'm the QUIET one.

It's the rest of the neighbors - to whom you're a "friend" only when they need your expertise. They're the ones spying on us, reporting us to the code enforcement people, etc. But, like I said - we're moving to a new house, in the country, and I'll have TWO garages.

The only problem is, my new neighbors are already getting jealous, and we haven't even moved. I've had no less than 4 people stop by and want to know who built my new garage for me 'cause they want one too!

David - I was just waiting for someone to bring up the official split of the CenDiv for 2006. Personally, I don't mind because it really has been an issue before where I've been going for a class championship and end up competing against some guy I never actually raced against that year. That's just stupid and bad competition. The fact was that people in Ohio rarely see people from Wisconsin show up at Mid Ohio and the people in Wisconsin rarely see people from Ohio show up at Road America (except me, of course ). So really, I don't care - besides, we've got the better "neighborhood" anyway.

I can say this though, knowing that I won't score points for my championship, I may be less likely to make my annual 11 hour trip up to Road America.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

now people are coming up with ideas to solve the problem. good brainstorming. maybe if the regions leader all got in a room, you know informally, and brainstormed like this.... oh wait, that is what started this.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Mark, kind of funny because IIRC I think Drew's car number is #83.

Kevin, I hear ya with the split & the Championship deal. Previous to the last two years I had been around the pond many times to Gingerman, Grattan, twice to Mid Ohio & to St Louis. Chicago is getting to be a bitch to travel past & around because even 294 screws ya now & then.

I would think we have met someplace on your side of the pond. I am most likely as mature as your racing father or maybe even more mature.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

This is getting ridiculous. Some of the people posting on this forum are really getting out of hand. This is probably one of the most useless threads I've ever read. Moderator, please lock or delete this thread as it really means nothing of importantance to 99% of the IT racers on this forum. If people would spend as much energy on real issues (ITS Porsche 911 with lexan windows and no headlamps at a race last weekend) as they do on petty grap and insults, this forum may return to the great forum it once was.
    David Junkins

***(ITS Porsche 911 with lexan windows and no headlamps at a race last weekend)***

David, being that you consider yourself to be 1 of the 99% of important people within the IT community I presume you protested the owner of the car which originated as a VW which steroids were pumped into. Now if you took care of the protest we can continue having WINTER FUN. With Matt................

Or we could all bow to your wishes.

Or you could read only what's important to you.

Lighten up fellow ITer........... it don't hurt
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Yep. Who protested him?
    If the answer is "nobody," I don't want to hear about it.

Reminds me of the guy that was complaining about a totally gutted Scirocco winning ITC at the SARRC/MARRS a couple of years ago. Apparently it was closer to a prod car than an IT car.

Him: "That thing was totally illegal. It was ridiculous."
    Me: "Did you protest him?"
    Him: "Well, no."
    Me: "Then quit whining. I'm not interested."

Scott, who says "Somebody protested the 911? Right?"

PS - If someone tried to protest and a Steward refused to cooperate, as an active SEDIV driver I'll sign a petition to have that steward removed. I'll put my name first on the list.
    I aint skeered.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

[B]
    Originally posted by ddewhurst@Jan 11 2006, 10:10 PM
    ***(ITS Porsche 911 with lexan windows and no headlamps at a race last weekend)***

........the car which originated as a VW which steroids were pumped into.
    Or you could read only what's important to you.

[snapback]70746[/snapback]
    OK.....NOW you're out of line!!!!!!

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Sorry Jake...........Close to home.

The first time I posted something like that on the Production site about A Porsche someone was posting about the Erik Skirmants Speedsteer. (Not father Vick) Then someone (one of Erik's friends) who didn't know Erik & I had just completed striping the car including cage for rebuild busted my a$$. Therefore neighbor jake your number two.

Now after I interupted this regullary scheduled thread about who has the best neighbor let's continue with no further tangents.

Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

My neighbors hate me, but maybe I should hate them. The sons of the guy beside has taken an interest in DRIFTING, like all 20 year old males seem to have. Instead of seeing this kid tear up his street tires, I loaned him my rain wheels and gave him some old Hoosiers. He took them to get the Hoosier drift specials mounted and went sliding. When he was done, he returned my rain wheels with no tires. He says they lost them.

I think he was secretly a spy doing a covert op for another neighborhood. I bet he stole my rain tires to give them to another neighborhood. Is there a ring of secret rain tire thieves or a black market for half worn out rain tires that i'm unaware of...????

Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

Originally posted by planet6racing@Jan 11 2006, 02:07 PM
    My landlord and I have a large garage in back of our house (4 cars). We got smart. Since there was a door on one side and a door on the other side, we divided the garage in two so that it was equitable for both of us. We each have access to our own portion of the garage and, if we need to get into the other side for some reason (like when my GF brought here 66 Mustang up and we wanted to store it inside but it wouldn't fit in my garage), all we have to do is ask.

Initially, some of the people in the neighborhood were for this, others were against. Many were wondering how the utilities were going to be split, but we solved that by creating systems in both garages. Everyone I've talked to in the neighborhood has embraced the division, and we now have 10 additional tickets to the garage/alley party (since there are now 2 garages where there once was one).
    [snapback]70701[/snapback]
    I know that my neighborhood is full of SPYS!!!!!! They even have secret meetings! How do I know, the Home Owners Association admitted that they were having a board meeting, but then said that it was not open to all the members! The even call the cops when a friend parked his pickup and enclosed trailer (both plain white with no lettering of any kind!) on the street overnight (8pm to 7am). Then, when I was doing some painting in 95 degree weather and put up a tarp over my driveway, they called the city zoning enforcers. Lucky I was just about finished.

For the most part, my neighbors are pretty friendly (other than the one that puts her dog out to bark for an hour at 4AM). And if any of the others decide to get frisky, my immediate neighbors on both sides of me are law enforcement officers (and very friendly!).

Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com