Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Neighbors Hate Me.

They pretend they don't hate me, but they do. They are all out to get me. They have secret meetings to talk about it. I know they have them, and they are secret, because they never invite me.
    Thats proof right there that they are having the meetings.

I think the issue is my garage. All the guys that live around me are envious of the fact that my garage is better than theirs (some of them don't even HAVE race cars in them... HA!). They all want to get in on the incredible goodness of my garage, but they can't, because mine is the best!
    This one guy, Harry, he's behind the whole thing. I know it. He's just mad because they took his garage away last year, but he still wants to work in a garage, and he's screwing things up for ME!
    What an ass. I HATE that guy. <_<

And Harry is one of the ones holding the secret meetings. The ones I know about because they are so secret that I wasn&#39;t invited.

If you think I sound paranoid, SCREW YOU!
    The whole neighborhood is trying to mess with me just because they are jealous. They want me to share what I have and I ain&#39;t gonna. I&#39;m just going to keep my race car right here in my garage and I aint never leaving it. My garage is awesome, you should see how awesome my garage is!!!
    Harry&#39;s garage sucks. Its a dinky little piss of a garage with no car.
    HA!

I will win!
    I will. You can&#39;t stop me.
    If you try, I&#39;ll just start my own neighborhood right here in my garage. Don&#39;t think I won&#39;t do it either, because I will. I&#39;d rather do that than share with the dinky no-racecar-having people that want me to come over to their garages sometimes. HA! Like I&#39;d reduce myself to a level like that.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

I&#39;m loving it Scott! Thanks.
    But realy, "Harry" is a pretty cool guy. He works hard with the garage he has and even helps others out in their garage.
    Bill

I have never felt more confused in my life.

My neighbors give a blind eye to my racing and car stuff because I keep it in the garage, I never work with the door open late at night, and I don&#39;t store my trailer at my house (though I could use a location closer then 15 minutes from SP to store the damn thing.)

Good luck with the secret &#39;we hate your garage club&#39;
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Cameron&#39;s neighbors hate his garage, too. And they hate me because I park my car in his driveway to work on my racing car in his garage. And I think they hate all of us because we are a lot younger than they are. (Technically, it&#39;s possible that I hate Cameron a little bit because he&#39;s a lot younger than I am.)

The really hated that I drove around in figure-eights for a half hour, in the parking lot of the school across the street to break in my diff. They particularly hated that I never went more than about 15mph while doing it, because it would have given them reason to actually do more than hate had I been going fast.

They wander over and ask vague questions about what we&#39;re doing, then go away and talk about things we aren&#39;t. The city actually got in touch to see if he was running a business. "Yeah - makin&#39; big money working on an IT Golf." The guy actually got it.

They hate it that, when I&#39;ve left there in the racing car, I do it at the speed limit. None of this is new. When I lived in Seattle, the woman across the street called me at 6:30 in the morning on a weekday to tell me that she had decided that the logo on my van was a "billboard," in violation of the home-occupancy permit - which she had researched with the state and county.

K

Geez Kirk, I didn&#39;t know you hated me like that, you can take solice in the fact that maybe I hate you a little because your in better shape than me

Maybe we should build a racer comune, big garages, with little apartments above them, or maybe it just wouldn&#39;t be fun anymore if no one hated us.

Mine would hate me except they are all mechanically inept and whenever something needs fixed or assembled (bikes, furniture, kids toys, lawn mowers, etc...) they all end up coming over to my garage. And it&#39;s not even that nice of a garage. Of course I do work on the car...at night...with the garage door open....but I also stock the garage fridge with beer and keep the TV on and it seems that this is most often the time of day (night) that their things "break" and they seek my assistance. The wife is even ok with some of the divorced moms coming over to steal a beer from me. :119: And they all put up with the race car because it&#39;s also street legal and I drive it to work a couple time a week during the warmer months. And I&#39;m the slowest driver in the entire neighborhood when that happens (30 mph limit, I run 25).
    But what really riles them up:
    1. Parking the borrowed trailer in the driveway the week before an event (they really gave me the evil eye when I parked the borrowed RV for two days).
    2. When I send my son up and down the cul-de-sac a couple times in his race kart...for shake-down purposes only, of course!
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

GHC!!! Guys.....I even understand what Scott is saying....well said Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Originally posted by wbp@Jan 9 2006, 07:21 PM
    I&#39;m loving it Scott! Thanks.
    But realy, "Harry" is a pretty cool guy. He works hard with the garage he has and even helps others out in their garage.
    [snapback]70503[/snapback]
    Ha!
    You&#39;re not fooling me. I know who you are, you live just north of me in the neighborhood, and you are a spy. A SPY!!! :angry:

I know what you&#39;re doing. You&#39;re trying to get me to let my guard down so you can get in my garage.
    Well... I&#39;m not falling for it. My garage is LOCKED, and I&#39;ll be deciding who can get in. Screw the rest of the neighborhood. My garage is so awesome I don&#39;t need you people anyway.
    <_<
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Mine hate me. Not sure why.

Could be that time Jeff brought home the 260z from Atlanta and I did a donut in the cul de sac at 130am. Or that time we needed to see if the LSD worked and tried to light up both wheels. Might be that time I had to flush his TR8 radiator and repeatedly started it all day with open pipes. Also might have something to do with having three race trailers over and six cars for tech on tech inspection day. Or the motorcycle. Or the truck. Or the big 20ft trailer that comes home sometimes to spend the night like Racerlinn.

I try to be good. I do. I mow the grass. I pretend to be friendly when I see them. I smile. I wave. I drive slowly down the street when entering and exiting the neighborhood. I don&#39;t scare small children or animals.

They still don&#39;t like me. But, I don&#39;t care - I like what I&#39;m doing and it ain&#39;t illegal, so there. Well, mostly it ain&#39;t illegal....

Scott

You need to get out of your garage. I think you are going crazy.

Blake

My neighbors hate me, too. So does the city. They gave me a citation for "non-running vehicle parked outside". So what - in my neighborhood, everybody has non-running vehicles - most of them are in the front yard and on blocks. Mine were at least hidden from the street view. I think they&#39;re jealous of my garage, and my trailers, and my motorhome (which are also in the back yard, not the front).

But I got even. I moved the non-running cars into the shop, got the property rezoned, and I&#39;m now moving to the next county. I&#39;m sure they will appreciate my property and sales taxes over there!

My neighbors hate me so much that they moved out.

On both sides.

And one of the two houses behind me is being remodeled, so there is no one there either.

But wait, I don&#39;t even have the racecar, trailer, or a truck at home. They must hate me for no reason... that means when I bring the new truck home on Saturday they will REALLY start hating me! Maybe the others will move out now...

It must be because of the helmet Scott painted for me.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

This is the first time I ever had a cool neighbor...he restores old musclecars...it is wierd to hear 426 hemi&#39;s being tested at 930pm...I run out and promptly end up working on them with him until 1am!! and the rest of the neighbors are jealous so much they call the cops on us all the time...so I made my DRZ400 street legal and do donuts and wheelies all afternoon in my yard and up and down my street..that&#39;l learn&#39;em!!!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

And this is a nice friendly post Webmaster? Pretty funny. :P
    The majority shall rule.

Florida&#39;s garage:

4 tracks, two of which are legends and draw 250+ cars every race. 400 for the last two.
    1000 drivers
    703 workers

Alabama&#39;s garage:

1 out of state POS boring track with 60 grit surface and no facilities where even the FWD people DON&#39;T pray for rain...
    28 drivers
    25 workers

Paranoid? Not at all. Just want Barry Hair put in his place as the representative of 53 people as opposed to 1703.

Keep looking for workers and drivers. We&#39;re doing just fine down here in the sunshine state. I think we should start adding dates against other regions. Since we got Homestead I think another National at Moroso is in order. Since it looks like we&#39;re likely out voted in SEDIV I guess we should get used to the fact that we&#39;ll be out on our own soon. Time to start competing against other regions. Maybe adding enough races that a Florida driver never has to leave the state to qualify for license and/or Runoffs will be a good thing. I&#39;ll also have to look into my company sponsoring some stuff and paying workers more. Let&#39;s see how you do when we start that program. Paranoid? Nope. Just building a better garage.

GO FLORIDA and NORTH CAROLINA!
    The majority shall rule.

I think all of you guys have serious issues.

cheers
    "dangerous" dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

My house is connected to 3 others. It&#39;s not a town home, but an attached home and all of our garages are right next to each other. They neighbor 2 garage doors down is mucho old and has nothing to do all day so as soon as he hears a noise come from my end he opens his garage and comes over to stare, I mean, watch me work. He doesn&#39;t even have cool old guy stories to tell, just the same ones over and over and over. Usually about "did you see that Nascar race" and "man them vipers are fast". He even has crazy eyes like walleye vision.

Due to all this I can never open my garage doors all the way up, only half way. He&#39;s to old to bend over to get in so that&#39;s how I keep him out. Bad part is working on the van. It&#39;s WAY to big to fit in the garage so I&#39;m trapped out there. He came out, leaned on the nose of the van for 2 1/2 hours watching put the front of the engine back together. Didn&#39;t really say anything either. Just heavy breathing with a "yep" every now and then. I thought I was in a horror movie.

I&#39;ve even got my wife trained. If we have our garage doors all the way open and we hear his open we both hit the deck. If we don&#39;t move he won&#39;t see us. It&#39;s like hiding from a bear. You hear him waddle over. Sniff around a bit. Then eventually wonder back to his garage and shut the door. Yeah it&#39;s mean, but you can only agree to "them vipers sure are fast" 20 times. After that I have to get back to work.
    Past owner of an ITA RX7

Here we are trying to have a discussion of how cool our garages are, and how bad everyone else&#39;s suck. And somebody makes an OT post on how his race tracks are cool, and everyone else&#39;s racetracks suck. Can&#39;t we stay on the Garages subject.
    Bill

You really think that&#39;s what the original post was about?

If so, I got a bunch of stuff to sell you.
    The majority shall rule.

No we all KNOW what it was aluding to. But we turned the post into something fun. Something you seem not be able to handle.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires