Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Neighbors Hate Me.

I had a great idea when I was laying in a dark room not sleeping last night, Scott. You should start a web site about your garage! People could not go there to read your opinions about critical issues.

K

^^^

Agreed, and I'm not even SEDiv.

YEs at someone else's expense and belittling an important issue not to mention furthering the effort of those trying to undermine drivers and their race schedules. Good work. Sorry to spoil your fun.
    The majority shall rule.

See, Matt understands.
    He understands how important it is to be able to stay in your own garage and never have to go to anyone elses garage. We don't need the neighborhood, just our own garages. We have 4 good ones right here.
    FOUR!!!

How many garages have YOU got you useless pussies?
    Just imagine the absolute GALL of folks who don&#39;t have race cars in their dinky little garages wanting just as much input about the neighborhood as the rest of us. <_<

Thats it. We&#39;re taking our four garages and starting our own neighborhood. We don&#39;t need any of your garages because ours are so much better and we never leave them anyway.

You guys all suck. We are awesome.
    Go Us!!!
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Scott, my neighbors like me! One of &#39;em even comes over and drinks my beer while I work on my cars!

(I think they do...maybe I better spy on &#39;em, just in case...hey, maybe that one guy IS A SPY!!! Come to think of it, no one&#39;s waved at me lately...and I haven&#39;t been invited to one my meetings lately...YOU BASTARDS!!! )

Ok now that I understand what we are discussing here I will tell you about my garages. Thats right garages (plural).

The wife and I purchased a house with a two car attached garage and a two car detached garage with sixteen foot ceiling (can you say "lift"?).

The attached garage houses the wife&#39;s ITC Scirocco and a racecar canidate. The detached garage houses my now H prod Scirocco, the parts empire, tools, and the beer fridge.

The neighbors are interesting, on the right we have the 80 year old retired dentist who knows we have racecars, but cannot understand why we park our street cars outside every night. The first time I met him he asked me "How many people live in your house?". When I told him that there were three of us and one was a toddler, his next question was why did we have so many cars.
    The neighbor on the left likes Nascar, has a new Chevy pickup with a super nice Flowmaster exhaust that sounds awesome. But he leaves for work at 4 am everyday and his garage is about thirty feet from our bedroom. His truck works better at waking me up then my alarm clock.

Please feel free to come by and hang out, we have an open door policy at both garages.
    If we run out of beer we can always send Mattberg to Piggly Wiggly to buy more.

cheers
    "dangerous" dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

I don&#39;t even care what the original post was "really" about, because Scott is so damn funny! He is DA MAN!

So, here&#39;s the thing about my garage: I live next to a cemetery. That&#39;s right, my neighbors on one side are so jealous, they are dead.

I win.
    Washington DC Region
    Scuderia Tortuga
    MARRS ITC Scirocco #12

Originally posted by evanwebb@Jan 10 2006, 12:33 PM
    So, here&#39;s the thing about my garage: I live next to a cemetery. That&#39;s right, my neighbors on one side are so jealous, they are dead.

I win.
    [snapback]70586[/snapback]
    Oh no.
    You don&#39;t win.

You can&#39;t taunt your neighbors with your awesomeness if they are dead.
    You LOSE.
    I WIN!!!

And your dead neighbors don&#39;t CARE if you declare independence from the neighborhood...
    Oh...
    Wait...
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Exclamation

My immediate neighbors seem to be pretty cool with the awesomeness of my garage and the sweetness that lies within, but you never know. My neighbor to the south has three old British cars in his building so eventhough I rarely talk to him, I think he "understands". My neighbor to the north just does wierd stuff on his property too so it&#39;s kind of like a "turn a cheek to what I&#39;m doing and I&#39;ll do likewise" sort of thing. We&#39;ve actually had bonfire competitions before but he won by default since the fire department showed up to his house and not mine (no, I&#39;m not making this up). Then there&#39;s the guy two houses down to the north who has two dirt track late models - sometimes late at night, we have "rev-offs".

In fact I have more trouble with my friends than my neighbors. "Hey man, can I use your shop, labor, and tools to do this engine swap? It&#39;ll only take a couple of hours."

"Uhm, no....."
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I moved into this real cool neighborhood. Lots of big garages, and places to have parties with my racer buddies, work on our cars, etc. The Home Owners association even supported the strong bond that we developed over here on Pine Street. We had block parties in my garage almost monthly. The neighbors came from near and far to drink beer, bend wrenches and tell lies. All was good.

About a year ago, the homeowners association said we were having too much fun over here on Elm Street. They decided that we had to paint my garage pink, and we could only have garage parties on the 6th Tuesday of the month. In the interest of the entire community though, they said the the folks from Elm Street and Wysteria Lane were welcome to have a party in my garage. I&#39;m really not sure if they decided all this in a secret meeting, or if I just missed the memo.

I guess it&#39;s ok. My wife won&#39;t mind cleaning up after someone else&#39;s party...

Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

Funny thing about HOA&#39;s, they have to look at the entire community as a whole and and ensure everyone has use of the common areas. So even though for 12 years you have had the sole use of the common area connected to your block, and now another block now wants to use it too. So because your block has had it for 12 years the HOA should stop the other street from using your common area?

Now if you OWN your common area, then it would be your garage and the HOA couldnt do anything to regulate your use. But if its just a common area, your subject to the HOA looking out for the betterment of the community..
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

We never have garage parties in common areas, the insurance folks won&#39;t allow it Besides, drunk adults should never be allowed near childrens playground equipment, especially at night.

We incorporated the Pine Street Garage Party Company several years ago. We rent one of the larger garages on the street to hold the parties in. Everyone in attendance pays a few bucks to come in and drink, lie, etc. The attendance fee is used to cover the insurance rider(in case the party gets out of hand), damage, beer, and all the necessary clean up. We even hire off duty officers (Walmart security guards really) to help direct traffic, and keep things/people in order.

We don&#39;t want the HOA to stop the other streets from using the rental garage (not really a true common area)near us. We just don&#39;t want the HOA to stop us from using it either. If the owner of this garage kicked us out , or bargained a better deal with the Elm Steet guys, then so be it.

Everyone is invited to come to the party. All neighborhoods.
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

--
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Scott, your garage sounds too cool. Mine is getting sad...broken race car looks forlorn...way too much junk surrounding her. It was once a shrine to my auto collection, now it&#39;s starting to choke me and the things I love.

I think my neighbors must know yours. They are starting to point and whisper. One put bars up around her house and yard to prevent my friends from getting too close. The other one tosses his cigarette butts in my front yard. I do have one neighbor that&#39;s kind of friendly, but he wants to talk about my pickup rather than my race car (I think it&#39;s some sort of secret plan he has with my other neighbors, the lesbian couple).

There&#39;s another story, they get really mad when I load my car late at night for a race. They know I never get finished packing and prepping for a race until late the night before. They wait until I&#39;m almost done, and then they come out of the house, power tools in hand, fully outfitted in flannel, and scream curses about the noise. Last race cost my a fortune in flowers to calm me down. It&#39;s beginning to cut into my racing effort.

Your garage sounds cool. Can I come over there sometime and hang out? I&#39;ll bring the ARRC famous cook with a pot of gumbo if you like. We&#39;ll be careful not to let anyone know of our plans so that it will be a secret.

Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Originally posted by its66@Jan 10 2006, 02:48 PM
    We incorporated the Pine Street Garage Party Company several years ago. We rent one of the larger garages on the street to hold the parties in.
    [snapback]70601[/snapback]
    Thats RIGHT!!!
    And because we did this, we are better than the rest of the neighborhood.

Sure, a few houses like that one out on Braselton Highway and the one in the old cow pasture are nice, so we care what they have to say.
    But the houses with dinky garages and no race cars???
    BAH!!!
    Who do they think they are?
    Wanting to have a say so in how the neighborhood is run when they don&#39;t even have race cars.
    The nerve of these people.
    You&#39;d think they paid dues or something in order to have a say in what happens in the neighborhood!!!

Thats it.
    I&#39;m serious.
    We&#39;re starting our own neighborhood!!!!
    The rest of the neighborhood is going to be sorry. Just you wait and see!!!
    The neighborhood CAN&#39;T survive without us. Without us the neighborhood will wither and DIE!!! Just you wait.
    We are AWESOME. You can&#39;t live without US!!!
    BAHHHAAAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

That&#39;s it...I&#39;ve had enough of this uncontrolled crap from my neighbors. Your stuff sounds so much better than mine. I&#39;m going to make the appropriate calls and send the appropriate faxes, and see that my membership in my current neighborhood is changed to yours. Your neighborhood appreciates people like me who really know what it&#39;s like to have a garage with a race car in it.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

This is the funniest forum ever! I stumbled onto this site while looking for the "Information Technology" forum and have read a couple of "important" threads with great amusement. Do you guys know what a "straight guy" is? You know, where a joke is set up with the seemingly unwitting remarks by the "straight guy", only to be joked up afterwards. Groucho Marks loved "straight guys"; George Burns loved "straight guys". If only you could appreciate those kind of patsies like Marks and Burns. Oh, wait. I guess you do appreciate "straight guys". Man, you ITers crack me up!

BTW what if I were to build my own garage and fill it w/race cars? One of the finest garages filled with the finest race cars? Do I get to let others come over and enjoy my new garage? Just curious.

Dear doesn&#39;t,

You have really stepped in it now, man. You are about to get sucked into the black-hole vortex of the IT dimension, i.e. that formed when the normally lucid and cogent amateur racer awaits the spring thaw.

Have you seen "The Shining"?
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Originally posted by gsbaker@Jan 11 2006, 03:47 AM
    Dear doesn&#39;t,

...the normally lucid and cogent amateur ...

Have you seen "The Shining"?
    [snapback]70629[/snapback]

all sarcasm and no racing makes doesn&#39;treallymatter a very psychotic boy