Yes, endurance races need to be spread out, however there are more to schedules than what we as drivers would make of them. Tracks are business, and they have to schedule their customers as they can... often times events are set long in advance of when the SCCA region can get up with them.

That being said, last year we ran in 3 ECR's... the two at VIR and the one at Lowes. In between, I did run the Grand Course at VIR in May (last minute decision). Therefore, scheduling the event at Kershaw Memorial Day weekend was impossible, both financially and logistically.

We would have liked to have run 3 out of 6 weekends, but that's a lot of $ and a lot of wear and tear on the car (would I be out of line if I said that my darling bride wouldn't be to happy either?).

It would be nice to spread races out, but if they are going to offer us 12 opportunites to go race, then there are going to be some back to back events. Take advantage of what you can.

On the other hand... the SARRC is a lot less crowded, and there are no miata's and specwreckers in my run group