Originally posted by erlrich@Jan 4 2006, 07:04 PM
But Andy, that's just d.2; d.1 allows MacPherson strut type cars to alter camber by use of eccentric bushings at the control arm pivot points, the strut-to-bearing-carier point, or with camber plates. Rule d.3 allows all cars to adjust caster with eccentric bushings. I apologize, I should have been more clear, but the point was that the GCR allows any car with any type of suspension to use eccentric bushings to adjust camber or caster. And as I think we would all agree not all car makers offer eccentric bushings (or do we?), that would tell me that any eccentric bushing is legal. So, as long as they were eccentric wouldn't spherical bushings be legal under this rule.

I think we would probably agree on the intent of the bushing rules, however I firmly believe the way the section on suspension mounting points is written leaves the bushing design wide open. JMHO.
[snapback]70085[/snapback]
You are correct on the strut-stuff, my error. Dang!

I do still believe that the allowance for a SPECIFIC design of bushing is testiment to what IS legal. I understand the thought process you are going through but a eccentric bushing is an offset tube, not an offset spherical bearing!

We will agree to disagree. It has been a healthy debate. Thanks.

AB