Thread: Spherical "Bushings"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Jan 4 2006, 04:35 PM
    Because a SB as a bushing does not flex. It allows the bolt that passes through it a range of motion that was not available stock - or in a stock replacement of alternate material.
    [snapback]70082[/snapback]
    Incorrect. If anything a spherical bearing/bushing would limit the range of motion.
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

Originally posted by Geo@Jan 4 2006, 09:22 PM
    Incorrect. If anything a spherical bearing/bushing would limit the range of motion.
    [snapback]70102[/snapback]
    I am not sure what you are disagreeing with in my statement. A SB has a defined range of motion. That range of motion is DIFFERENT than what a standard bushing would provide. It is, in 99.99% of the cases, MORE than stock. SO what? It is a different technology alltogether and not specifically allowed by the rules from what I can see.

Frankly, I don't even know why we are comparing the two. Traditional bushings provide INSULATION between bolts and mounting holes. Poly bushings provide that same insulation, in a much less compliant way - inherantly better for racing as well all know. SB's typically are used to provide the bolt that runs through it a range of motion on different axis', eliminating inherant bind, it didn't have to begin with, no?

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967