Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHO IS WINNING THE NARRC IN ITA

Originally posted by moto62@Jan 2 2006, 11:16 PM
    Would you like some cheese to go with your whine? You are hanging with Tom(aka drama queen) Blaney too much
    [snapback]69858[/snapback]
    Mmmm.... I love cheese! (said in an English Wallace&Grommit accent - yes I have a 2-1/2 yr old)

Wishing nothing too terrible... maybe 150lbs of ballast added. And maybe 89 octane fuel. And maybe rain. And maybe corded tires. And... :P

Anthony R.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

Originally posted by nlevine@Jan 2 2006, 05:59 PM
    Can I claim 2006 as another "development year" for the BMW, or is there some point where I just have to admit I'm slow ?

-noam
    [snapback]69831[/snapback]
    not to knock any car or driver. bringing the "right"car for the class makes a huge difference.i got my license in 99 in a ITA MR2 and i ran 28th out of 30 with 2cars dnf'ing.1 1/2 years latter i bought a ITA corolla gts. immediatly i was top 10. now comes the integra and i can contend for wins.yeah i have been driving for 6 years but the car has made the most difference.i am sure i can develop the corolla further but its alot of work, time and money.as a comparison if the integra was ITS it would not be the car to have. so your driving might not have anything to do with it. Rick
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Originally posted by dazzlesa@Jan 3 2006, 01:04 AM
    not to knock any car or driver. bringing the "right"car for the class makes a huge difference.i got my license in 99 in a ITA MR2 and i ran 28th out of 30 with 2cars dnf'ing.1 1/2 years latter i bought a ITA corolla gts. immediatly i was top 10. now comes the integra and i can contend for wins.yeah i have been driving for 6 years but the car has made the most difference.i am sure i can develop the corolla further but its alot of work, time and money.as a comparison if the integra was ITS it would not be the car to have. so your driving might not have anything to do with it. Rick
    [snapback]69868[/snapback]

With all do respect Rick, doesn't that hint that something is not right. While I agree that the MR2 is not the right car to have because it is more of an ITB+.5 or ITA-.5 (tweener), the Integra is the car to have because it has been classed too favorably. That is why I said that I thought Greg would have a tough time...because like the Z3 his car has been newly classed. Until the Integra/Hondas go through the "process" anyone can buy one and "be up there". Look at Geoff Branscombe. I went to school with him at NHIS. No motor, no suspension...just trying to get his license... and he was pretty slow. A couple of months later....Anthony does his motor and I can't touch the kid. Now my question is did he improve enough to warrant that....probably not. I ran 12 weekends this year plus test days. He ran (I think) 4. If the cars were classed more respectably then the driving WOULD matter, and would have EVERYTHING to do with it. I agree that Honduras are good cars but they gotta go through the process to level the playing field so we can talk apples to apples.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

I disagree with you a bit Rob, the Integra is one of the heaviest cars in the class,
    it has the most development in this region, if someone spent the time on the Z4'S
    that we have on the Acura's they would be quick also.There are only two of these cars that I know about so it must be tough for you to get help with them.Rick is stating it was a little easier to get there with a sorted car.Adding weight to the cars are not going to slow them down, look how fast the sm's were at the narrc in qualifiying last year, can't wait to see the posts after a few very light 1.8 miata's show up and hit the track come april.Have a good winter , and by the way a few of our cars are up for sale in the classifieds if you know someone thats looking to get into IT. Happy New Year everybody!
    Anthony Serra ITA 99

Originally posted by Doc Bro@Jan 2 2006, 07:23 PM
    With all do respect Rick, doesn't that hint that something is not right. While I agree that the MR2 is not the right car to have because it is more of an ITB+.5 or ITA-.5 (tweener), the Integra is the car to have because it has been classed too favorably. That is why I said that I thought Greg would have a tough time...because like the Z3 his car has been newly classed. Until the Integra/Hondas go through the "process" anyone can buy one and "be up there". Look at Geoff Branscombe. I went to school with him at NHIS. No motor, no suspension...just trying to get his license... and he was pretty slow. A couple of months later....Anthony does his motor and I can't touch the kid. Now my question is did he improve enough to warrant that....probably not. I ran 12 weekends this year plus test days. He ran (I think) 4. If the cars were classed more respectably then the driving WOULD matter, and would have EVERYTHING to do with it. I agree that Honduras are good cars but they gotta go through the process to level the playing field so we can talk apples to apples.

R
    [snapback]69872[/snapback]
    Let's not totally hijack the thread but Rick is right. Even when all the cars go through the process, there will be some haves and some have not's. If you want to run at the front given equal prep and equal driving, you do have to choose the right car.

Having said that, it is our 100% belief that when everything does go through the process, there should be: 1. More cars to choose from and 2. A smaller disparity between those haves/have nots.

Certain cars have strengths and weekenesses. It is NOT the charter nor the intention of teh ITAC to try and balance the on-track performance of each car in each class on the head of a pin. When the dust settles, you still have to make an educated decision.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Originally posted by R RACER@Jan 3 2006, 01:46 AM
    I disagree with you a bit Rob, the Integra is one of the heaviest cars in the class,
    it has the most development in this region, if someone spent the time on the Z4'S
    that we have on the Acura's they would be quick also.There are only two of these cars that I know about so it must be tough for you to get help with them.Rick is stating it was a little easier to get there with a sorted car.Adding weight to the cars are not going to slow them down, look how fast the sm's were at the narrc in qualifiying last year, can't wait to see the posts after a few very light 1.8 miata's show up and hit the track come april.Have a good winter , and by the way a few of our cars are up for sale in the classifieds if you know someone thats looking to get into IT. Happy New Year everybody!
    [snapback]69874[/snapback]
    I don't have the #'s in front of me for the Acura's but the Z3 is 138rwhp, 2675lbs. I'm pretty sure the Acura is at least 100 lbs lighter. I do agree the 1.8l Miata is probably the new car to beat. Adding weight will not slow the Acura's down much but it wil allow them to be viewed in the same light as all the other cars in the class. (Along with the civic and 240).

I only hope that Noam and I can collectively put the Z3's on the map. I'm sure we can do something. By the way, I always thought BMW was a better marque for MSN, Anthony. Whaddya think??

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Jan 3 2006, 01:49 AM
    Let's not totally hijack the thread but Rick is right. Even when all the cars go through the process, there will be some haves and some have not's. If you want to run at the front given equal prep and equal driving, you do have to choose the right car.

Having said that, it is our 100% belief that when everything does go through the process, there should be: 1. More cars to choose from and 2. A smaller disparity between those haves/have nots.

Certain cars have strengths and weekenesses. It is NOT the charter nor the intention of teh ITAC to try and balance the on-track performance of each car in each class on the head of a pin. When the dust settles, you still have to make an educated decision.

AB
    [snapback]69875[/snapback]

So, here's a hypothetical question. Let's make the blanket statement that all the cars we are talking about will be a 10/10 effort, AND have all been through the process. What car has the best/ least chance of winning it, given its current strengths/weaknesses. What is the collective "educated decision"?

Is the best contender still the Integra? 240? Miata? NX? Z3?

Least chanse of winning in ITA? 1ST GEN 7?

Or given the parameters, is the "hypothetical" playing field I set up too level too call a class favorite?
    I'm curious to read what people think and why.

ps I have no idea by the way- I just don't know enough about the classing of the cars in our class.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

Rob,

Everyone knows I have a soft spot for BMW's , I just like fwd layout for the track easier to drive at the limit for me. Yes your car is a bit heavier, but you have bigger brakes & tires than me, Andy cut this guy a break and take a 100 off his
    car and add it to your new Miata,and take a 75 off mine!
    Anthony Serra ITA 99

Originally posted by R RACER@Jan 2 2006, 08:11 PM
    take a 75 off mine!
    [snapback]69880[/snapback]
    Andy Bettencourt

Originally posted by R RACER@Jan 3 2006, 02:11 AM
    Rob,

Everyone knows I have a soft spot for BMW's , I just like fwd layout for the track easier to drive at the limit for me. Yes your car is a bit heavier, but you have bigger brakes & tires than me, Andy cut this guy a break and take a 100 off his
    Now your talking my language....sort of!! Next time we paddock together the beer is on me! But the 75lb comment means it's cheap beer! If you hadn't thrown that in Anthony, it was Sam Adams and Newcastle!!
    R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

The scca will not gaurentee a car that can win. they are giving us a place for us to race. good luck with the rest.i wish they would reclass the corolla because it has been a blast to have. but its a 1.6 and the crx is the same. so why would they reclass it.the scca drew a line in the sand and that is how the cars ended up. i was fortunate to go to the arrc. you had to show up with the best car, best prep and an outstanding driver to run up front. there was no cake walk for the integra.there is no way in IT to make them all even.the scca has made some changes that will give us more options. the nx2000 and 1.8 miatas come to mind as the 1.5 civic and the accord in ITB. maybe some of the changes in 07 will make it a more level field. but there are still going to be cars that will dominate and cars that will struggle in there classes.maybe i will be crying about the ITS oh i mean the ITA nx2000 and the 1.8 miata next year. anybody want to buy a fast integra.wait not yet its a blast to drive. i cant give it up. how many months before we race?
    Rick Benazic

ITS Honda prelude #06

i just noticed that anthony and rob are looking for help with the weight. nobodys ever happy! lets create rewards weight as the world challege guys do. <_< more work? forget about that idea.
    Rick Benazic

ITS Honda prelude #06

people ask me what i get for racing. money? no i race for a trophy! i get that you are nuts look. i guess i am and i guess that a few of you guys are too. later! :P :P :P :P
    Rick Benazic

ITS Honda prelude #06

Originally posted by Doc Bro@Jan 2 2006, 09:07 PM
    .......AND have all been through the process. What car has the best/ least chance of winning it, given its current strengths/weaknesses. What is the collective "educated decision"?

Is the best contender still the Integra? 240? Miata? NX? Z3?

Least chanse of winning in ITA? 1ST GEN 7?

R
    [snapback]69879[/snapback]
    Nobody can answer that because they haven&#39;t seen the all the cars go through the process.

Stay tuned....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Maybe a more important question...

Mark - At what race were all of those girls at? You didn&#39;t bring them down to the ARRC. :angry:

Rick, just curious. The corrolla you have, is that the one that has run with EMRA (and was extremely fast at the glen!)?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

YES DAVE. CAN YOU SAY IT AGAIN? THAT VERY FAST COROLLA. WILL SOMEBODY BUY IT AND GIVE IT A NEW HOME.
    Rick Benazic

ITS Honda prelude #06

Originally posted by R RACER@Jan 2 2006, 10:11 PM
    Rob,

Everyone knows I have a soft spot for BMW&#39;s , I just like fwd layout for the track easier to drive at the limit for me. Yes your car is a bit heavier, but you have bigger brakes & tires than me, Andy cut this guy a break and take a 100 off his
    Now don&#39;t go writing off the CRX&#39;s already. If you recall (especially the Integra boys), there were a lot more of you looking at the ass end of our CRX&#39;s when the checkered fell.

I&#39;m starting to feel left out....

If my car doesn&#39;t sell, then I will be in ITA next year with the 240. And I won&#39;t be out there to drive around. I was telling the wife that if I am in this class next year and I have the right car, then I need to try to win NARRC.

Jeremy
    "It's a fact..."

OK, new developments. (We may have to buy that car and mothball it to keep it off the track)

With Greg focusing on the big stuff and fun out-of-area events, and Mr. MSN back in the mix...

Serra takes it.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt

Hmmm, I&#39;m gonna have to say a Nissan, 240SX in particular. Who exactly? A Bogart, I&#39;m not saying which one cause I can&#39;t say for sure. But, if Jeremy&#39;s car stays with him he&#39;s gonna be in the run also.

I&#39;m picking the 240SX because of it&#39;s potential at NHIS. The handling of these cars is so much better than the Acura&#39;s and Honda&#39;s, especially thru the oval, that with all of them at full prep this season (which they will be) they&#39;re gonna be the car to have at NHIS. The power still isn&#39;t what it could be but we&#39;re working on it. Reliability will NOT be an issue either, so finishing all the races will help.

steve