Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The protest thread carry over from ITC

Somebody mentioned doing a presentation on 'filing a mechanical protest'...

If anyone is serious about attending, contact Dennis Dean (he's a WDC Region member & current Steward) and ask him to do a presentation at the NEDiv Roundtable, March 10-12, in Reading PA.

Raymond - you probably remember it - Dennis did the 'Mechanical Protest' presentation at the NEDiv Stewards Training weekend last year. That presentation was from the Stewards perspective, but he might be willing to adapt the material for a 'competitors' angle.

Yeah...there was a problem with a mechanical protest in 2004, but the NEDiv Stewards steppped up and addressed it with new training, excercises and procedures during the 2004-2005 offseason.

2006 Roundtable

Yeah I remember the presentation, I would suspect that we wil have another one this spring. Having engines, suspension parts, and what not may or may not help some, but for many of the stewards I think you need to experience the overwelming details that need to be hashed out for everyones best interest... A Mechanical Protest is not an easy thing to handle. Thier is a lot of money and generall a lot of people involved. It seems that it would be easy as it is black and white but it is not. (do you realize how hard it is for a non mechanic to figure out how many hours it takes to dismatle a complete engine, measure pieces parts, and rebuild it to race specs?)

I went through with having to deal with a full engine teardown last year in Spec Miata. I think that everyone was happy with the end results and I don't think that many people herd about it, but I can tell you that was a long day... Fortunatly we have a lot of good people in the Northeast that help out when push comes to shove.

Raymond "Good luck, and thanks for the backing " Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Originally posted by RSTPerformance@Jan 4 2006, 02:35 PM
    ....., but for many of the stewards I think you need to experience the overwelming details that need to be hashed out for everyones best interest... ......

You nailed that one! It is essential to get that stuff figured first. having knowledgebale, and open experts on hand helps.

I went through with having to deal with a full engine teardown last year in Spec Miata. I think that everyone was happy with the end results and I don't think that many people herd about it, but I can tell you that was a long day... Fortunatly we have a lot of good people in the Northeast that help out when push comes to shove.

Raymond "Good luck, and thanks for the backing " Blethen
    [snapback]70052[/snapback]
    I DID hear about that one, AND I heard it was well done. It's one of the reasons I posted my comments to Bill about the system NOT being broken...it has clearly shown the ability to heal itself and learn from it's mistakes.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com