Thread: The protest thread carry over from ITC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Originally posted by Doc Bro@Dec 29 2005, 02:29 PM
    Dave,
    That's exactly what I did to the driver that passed me under yellow. I pulled him aside and spoke to him privately (well sort of... my Dad was there). I told him I respected him as he has always been fair to me....but, I did tell him what he did was BS and I wouldn't stand for it in the future. When we spoke, by the way, he totally denied it. I asked him if he wanted to see the video (as I was rewinding it) and he said no and apologized (and admitted it). He "knew" he was guilty and I should have probably been more formal about it. "Knowing is different from "not seeing".

I don't take what you said as offensive because I didn't give you the whole story! My bad.

But the point is. If a person is confronted every weekend by a different individual driver then that person has been given a lot of "free passes". No?

R
    [snapback]69504[/snapback]
    Rob
    Yes, they have. Shame on the "rest of the group" for not addressing this situation. It is probably time for the "rest of the group" to have a discussion about this person and decide a course of action. Then invite the "problem child" to the discussion and alert him that many people are aware of the problem and are prepared to do something about it. Keep the discussion informal, and friendly but be very clear.

In all honesty it probably will not do any good. But, you will have given the guy fair warning. Then you (or somebody else in the group) needs to back up the words with action. Otherwise you wasted your time and his.

Also be aware that while the internet is a great boon to racing with the information that can be exchanged it is also a great way for lots of disinformation to find its way to the big wide world easily.

But everyday that I come to work I thank Al Gore for inventing the internet.

good luck
    "dangerous" dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Originally posted by dave parker@Dec 29 2005, 09:30 PM
    Rob

Also be aware that while the internet is a great boon to racing with the information that can be exchanged it is also a great way for lots of disinformation to find its way to the big wide world easily.

good luck
    "dangerous" dave parker
    [snapback]69520[/snapback]
    Excellent point....and don't think for one second I didn't keep that in mind when writing. I'm not trying to stand up for anything other than fairness and integrity and I have no problem calling a competitor out on it. If a (call him) Mr Holmes has a problem with that then stop destroying race cars......it's really quite simple.

Thanks Dave
    R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion