Originally posted by Jiveslug@Dec 29 2005, 05:52 PM
Hey guys. I was wondering if the AE86 folks out there could lend me a hand. Im looking for a baseline suspension set-up for my TE72 ITB car. Basically I can use all of the AE86 suspension components, and while the chassis isnt exacly the same as the AE86, its pretty close. Thus, I was wondering if I could get numbers for spring rates, cam settings, sway bar sizes, etc, etc. Like I said, this is just for a baseline to get me in the ballpark. I can tweak from there to suit my chassis. Thanks for the assist!

Ryan

Oh, one more thing, does anyone have a line on some used Supra 15x6 wheels? Id like to use those to start off with in ITB. Thanks again!
[snapback]69477[/snapback]

Well, if its US IT, the AE86 stuff wouldn't be legal would it? Aside from that, opinions are all over the map. A former SCCA prez drove one (I have it) and he ran only 200lb front and 175 rear springs with a stock front sway bar and an adjustable rear. Tires and top speed have improved since then, and I've had to go around 300 in the front to keep the bodywork off the tires. I kept the rear springs and swaybar as it was, but replaced urethane bushings for the bar with custom machined delrin ones. I also put a slightly bigger front bar on. The car simply wont take too much rear stiffness, or it gets squirley. (cam settings?). I have TRD adjustable shocks in the back (will eventually go Koni) and Tockio Illuminas in the front set full hard (MR2 Rear fitment) in short struts. This car doesn't really need short struts, but....