View Poll Results: Yes or No to closing this thread?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, While painful, we need to sort this out.

17 32.08%
  • Yes, close it. This is not an intelligent discussion.

36 67.92%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jekyll Secret Meeting

Originally posted by Mattberg@Jan 18 2006, 08:37 PM
    But Barry is watering that acorn like a madman. The good news is people are starting to see how much of a lunatic he is. I've heard some of the REs are turning around on the issue. I hope this trend continues. Even his own region's drivers are starting to see him as an obstacle. I've heard that we'd be back at Barber if it weren't for Barry. He screwed it up and as a matter of pride he won't go back.

[snapback]71202[/snapback]
    OK Matt,
    Just shut the hell up. Thats enough.

This post PROVES (as if we didn't already know) that you are completely dilusional and have no idea what you are talking about.

Your own RE has basically just published that you are making a huge deal out of nothing. Not only are you making a huge deal out of it, but you are publicly defaming people in the process.
    Its unwarranted and you just need to shut your damned mouth. Now.

I know what happened at Barber. Barry wasn't the problem. The problem was with track management and it was an issue that had to be solved from Topeka.
    And the problem with Barber isn't just an SCCA issue. Barber management has done the exact same thing to PCA and Grand Am. Last I checked Barry wasn't running either of those groups.

Again, you are spouting off at your keyboard, not at all letting the fact that you have NO CLUE slow you down.
    Yes, SCCA is back on speaking terms with Barber, and that unbearable asshole Barry is up front in that effort. What a dick. How DARE he try to repair a relationship with a track that tried to screw our club for $17000 just because the racers really like that track?
    What a total dick.

And I'm sure your dilusional ass thinks that I'm only typing this because I'm Barry's buddy. Yeah, I'm his best friend. We've met once when he was handing me a trophy. But since he is such a total dick, maybe that does make me his best friend. After all, I did shake his hand.

I'll close with this...
    Barry often works corners at Road Atlanta and I think he even treks down to Roebling to stand out there and protect our asses (again, what a DICK!). I HOPE, I pray, I BEG, that the next time you actually trek out of Florida for a race you come to Road Atlanta and crash your stupid ass into a wall.
    And I hope that the corner worker that pulls your unconscious ass out of that car is Mr. Barry Hair.
    And I hope that when you wake up he punches you right in the mouth.

I'm done. Youre a moron.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Whatever version of the story you heard about Barber is certainly one you can believe if you'd like. I've heard the same version from numerous people including some in his own region who believe they could be racing there this year. The bottom line is whatever mistakes were made, they should have been able to find a way to get back to that track. There's lots of other organizations that seem to have no problem. How do you explain that?

SVRA, HSR, Porsche Club, Mustang Club, Chin Motorsports, NESBA, Audi Club, Traquest...just to name a few, all have events there. All organizations smaller than SCCA. They don't seem to have any problems. Doesn't it seem odd to you that Alabama region must do their racing at Roebling Road with Barber in their own backyard while numerous out of state racing organizations have multiple events at Barber? What possible reason could there be? And, ask a couple of the visiting regional officials who went to the Barber event how their input with regard to operating procedures was interpreted and if the Alabama officials took their advice. I believe you'll hear a very different story.

Bottom line is there's a great track in Brimingham that everyone else in the world has access to EXCEPT the SCCA. I hate to go off topic but maybe this is tied to the issue a little. I was outraged when I first heard the story of the Barber debacle. The $17,000 and all the rest of it seemed outrageous. That was until I heard the WHOLE story. The acts of arrogance, ignorance and overall disdain for recommendations from anyone outside of Alabama region were many. Ignoring proper procedures for inspection and then ignoring recommendations to do so caused a lot of the problems as was explained to me by SEDIV officials. I also don't think the official who went under a rope at the museum and climbed into Mr. Barber's personal vintage formula one car helped matters either. A stupid and arrogant thing to do.

Suffice to say, there's a lot more to the story, and a lot of finger pointing that went on afterwards. Talk to the Division Executive. I think Fred Schmucker was the top dog at the time and you'll hear a whole different story than what Barry and the Alabama officials told you. I think Robin Langlotz was at the race as well. The fact that those fences have not been mended is an ongoing matter of both pride and embarrassment. The choice to go to Roebling instead is illogical.

The good news is I hear some of the Alabama members have been working on getting a performance event at Barber and are trying to patch things up with Mr. Barber. I don't believe Barry is involved. So maybe with a little ass kissing, proper procedures and barring a couple of people from the track, we will be able to go back to racing at Barber. I know I'll make the trip.

On a personal note, begging and praying for any racer to crash and hit a wall is really crossing the line. You seem to have some violent tendencies. Perhaps that's what caused your crash and subsequent return to autocrossing only. Maybe an anger management class might help. Reduce the red mist you seem to suffer from.
    The majority shall rule.

Scott, I am definitely not defending MATTBERG. It was announced at ALSCCA banquete last week that it was ALSCCA and no one else's decision not to race at Barber. David Leonard spent an entire day at the track and reported back that we were never banned from the track and that they want us there. He did go on to say that it was ALSCCA BOD that made the decision not race there. The track damage bill was reduced to $11,000 from $17,000. ALSCCA did not pay that bill. SCCA national paid it through the insurance. Just facts.

Bobby Bitterman

PS we were also told there would be a race date in 07 at BMP.

I've heard the same information Bobby. Thank you for further confirmation. I have also heard that some of the Alabama folks have approached Mr. Barber on their own trying to patch things up and get back on-line starting with a performance event as early as this year as I mentioned before. I think this is an extraordinary effort and applaud those involved. Why the AL BoD nixed racing there is a mystery but I can only assume that the egos and personalities involved carry great weight.

Like I said Scott, there's much more to the story and I don't think you've been properly informed. Barber is available from everything I've researched and heard from officials which makes the choice to go to Roebling puzzling.
    The majority shall rule.

Your own RE has basically just published that you are making a huge deal out of nothing. Not only are you making a huge deal out of it, but you are publicly defaming people in the process.
    Its unwarranted and you just need to shut your damned mouth. Now.
    My RE has not published anything I know of. All I know is that my RE communicated with Butch and told him the BoG of my region is contemplating a split from the division as I predicted. If it was a non-issue I seriously doubt these lengths would be taken.

You really need to get more information Scott instead of just rambling off in character attack. I also have not defamed anyone. I have first hand information from all of the officials present at Barber as it relates to the events that took place. Do you? Or do you just have what Barry told you? I don't need Bobby to defend me either. Confirming the facts is the important thing. The fact is that Barber wants us and Barry doesn't want to go back. Interesting. Please tell us why? You seem to have all the answers and I'm delusional. So tell us, please, what's the deal?
    The majority shall rule.

[quote]
    I've heard the same information Bobby. Thank you for further confirmation. I have also heard that some of the Alabama folks have approached Mr. Barber on their own trying to patch things up and get back on-line.

According to David Loenards speech there was nothing to patch up. I will only post facts about this. Alscca needs to be racing at BMP and will bo 07.

That's good news. I look forward to it.
    The majority shall rule.

Originally posted by Mattberg@Jan 19 2006, 09:59 AM
    My RE has not published anything I know of. All I know is that my RE communicated with Butch and told him the BoG of my region is contemplating a split from the division as I predicted. If it was a non-issue I seriously doubt these lengths would be taken.

[snapback]71235[/snapback]
    I really am trying to take the high road here, Matt, but you keep dragging my name back into it.

Check out the CFR website, the RE's report for January! Assuming you haven't been kicked out of CFR already, Rick Balderson is YOUR Regional Executive!

It's true I did see an e-mail addressed to ALL the SEDIV RE's (from Rick) that said CFR is happy with their racing program as is and IF (that's a very big I-F) there was any action on the part of SEDIV to reduce the CFR race program then other affiliations would be considered. Atlanta Region would have to consider a similar action IF our race program is arbitrarily reduced as well. Neither of those statements are threats, just statements of fact. There is NO action pending and NO articles of secession are being drawn up because NONE of us (except you and your invisible sources) believe there is a chance in HELL that ANYONE (even Barry!) wants us to cut back our racing program! It is a NON-ISSUE!!!!!

I'm going to try and calm down now. I am not going to respond to anymore of your postings because it's obviously useless. Do NOT approach me at Jekyll, do NOT introduce yourself and do NOT try to act like we're on the same side of ANY issues. You can't miss me - I'm the guy that's 6'7" and 280 pounds. I haven't deliberately injured anyone since I got out of prison but I might be willing to make an exception in your case.

I really am through here...
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Originally posted by Butch Kummer@Jan 19 2006, 02:59 PM
    I haven't deliberately injured anyone since I got out of prison but I might be willing to make an exception in your case.
    [snapback]71240[/snapback]
    A physical threat from an official.... pretty funny. We'll be passing that onto Topeka not to mention bringing it up at Jeckyll. I had respect for you up until that.
    The majority shall rule.

Originally posted by specialtyautomo@Jan 19 2006, 09:32 AM
    Scott, I am definitely not defending MATTBERG. It was announced at ALSCCA banquete last week that it was ALSCCA and no one else's decision not to race at Barber. David Leonard spent an entire day at the track and reported back that we were never banned from the track and that they want us there. He did go on to say that it was ALSCCA BOD that made the decision not race there. The track damage bill was reduced to $11,000 from $17,000. ALSCCA did not pay that bill. SCCA national paid it through the insurance. Just facts.

Bobby Bitterman

PS we were also told there would be a race date in 07 at BMP.
    [snapback]71231[/snapback]
    I never said SCCA was "banned" from the track and I never heard that from anyone else, including Barry.

What I was told was that the damage bill was outrageous (and it was, I was there, there was not remotely $17000 in damage done to that track) and had to be settled in Topeka by legal. So the club and the track, understandably, were not on the best of terms.
    This all seems to be the truth.
    Imagine that. Barry told the truth.
    Man, Go figure.

I know Mattberg made a post up there. I have no idea what it says. I refuse to even read the first line.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Originally posted by Mattberg@Jan 19 2006, 11:39 AM
    A physical threat from an official.... pretty funny. We'll be passing that onto Topeka not to mention bringing it up at Jeckyll. I had respect for you up until that.
    [snapback]71247[/snapback]

I am amazed you have time to post here. Aren't you the one that said your way too important to too many people to be involved in the SCCA beyond paying your dues and entry fees?
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

I was there too! In my opinion the majority of the track damage happend Friday in the test-day. Remember how many times the track was shut down for oildowns. Alscca failed to photograph or record the damage post race. That being the case it was hard to determine what damage had been done by who. The track does still have a damage policy and the come to you emidiatly after the incident, not days latter. The track damage policy isn't that bad. I have had two customers with the BMW club that have paid for their name to be on that walk of fame. Road Atlanta now has a simular damage schedule. It was passed out at the last BMW club race there.

Bobby Bitterman

Originally posted by Mattberg@Jan 19 2006, 03:39 PM
    Pot...Kettle....black.
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

RIP Dimebag- August 20, 1966 to December 8th, 2004.

Originally posted by Anubis@Jan 19 2006, 05:38 PM
    Pot...Kettle....black.
    [snapback]71275[/snapback]
    Mattberg!!! I have it on truly reliable sources that you are only a puppet for several people in SEDIV that don't want to go public with their opinions for fear of "political" reprisal. Is it true what they say that you haven't had an original thought in the last ten years?
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Originally posted by Mattberg@Jan 19 2006, 09:39 AM
    I just bet that kills Butch not to have YOUR respect--as if anyone here has any for you. I go $50.00 with 20-1 odds on Butch. Look forward to a real report from our ELECTED officals at the meeting.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Finally! Some useful information.

Truly a chance we will race at Barber in 07? I had a great time there in 04.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

It's strange that there's been so much "concern" about the R.E's meeting privately when the SARRC committee does the same thing.

Perhaps Matt W. might get on at the SARRC Committee about whatever they may be planning in their meetings. Who knows where their helicopters may land...

Quote from the 2005 SARRC Rules:
    "2.5 SARRC Committee meetings shall be restricted to the SARRC Committee representatives or their designated alternatives. Guests may attend with prior approval of the Committee Chairman or Administrator. "

Matt, if you need to know who the SARRC Administrator is, let me know.

BTW - Closing or locking this thread will accomplish nothing.

Matt will keep spounting until this weekend, and when nothing happens (and I've got 3 REs telling me nothing will happen and was never going to happen) he will start spouting next week about how he single handedly saved the SEDIV with his revolutionary keyboard.

Vive le resistance!!!

Indeed.

Leave it here. Leave it in the archives.
    That way people will always be able to look at it and say "Gee, what the hell is wrong with that guy?"

BTW - Interesting info on the SARRC committee. I never noticed that.
    Hmmmmm...

Maybe Matt should start using his revolutionary keyboard to make that a democracy!!! I mean, a small group of individuals having closed meetings to decide the future for all us racers???
    No way!!!
    To the GALLOWS with the SARRC committee!!!
    We won't eat the cake!!!

Scott, who needs to take a shower to wash off the sarcasm.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Is there KOOLAID at these secret meeting?

Originally posted by Catch22@Jan 18 2006, 09:38 PM
    I HOPE, I pray, I BEG, that the next time you actually trek out of Florida for a race you come to Road Atlanta and crash your stupid ass into a wall.
    And I hope that the corner worker that pulls your unconscious ass out of that car is Mr. Barry Hair.
    And I hope that when you wake up he punches you right in the mouth.

I'm done. Youre a moron.

Wow, you'd wish that someone crashes their race car, for something they said on the internet? This is a dangerous game we all play, and to wish potential injury or death on someone because of something they said, is beyond the pale. Wonder how you would have felt if someone wished that on your g/f?

What an asshole! :angry: