Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grand Plan ?????

Originally posted by Banzai240@Dec 22 2005, 03:23 PM
    I'm not completely clear on exactly which changes the CRB does and does not have the authority to do autonymously...

If I remember correctly, they can classify cars and reclassify cars without BoD approval. Keep in mind, however, that the idea of reclassifying cars in IT WITH weight adjustments is new, so that is why it needed BoD approval last year...

You newbies here who are bitching about how long things take apparently have NO idea what battles the current ITAC has had to face to get the tools in place to do what we are doing today... Two years ago you wouldn't even have SEEN an IT car getting reclassified with a weight adjustment, if at all...

Maybe when Peter gets acclimated to his new position, he can give us a rundown on how these processes work...

Minor rule changes or spec line adjustements don't need to go before the BoD in most cases, but again, if it's a major change, then it might...

Fuzzy enough for you??
    [snapback]69004[/snapback]
    That's just it Darin, even prior to PCAs, reclassification w/ a change in weight, was allowed for in the ITCS. Just because it was there, doesn't mean that people read it or understood it.

Merry Christmas!

I know Bill has a question behind that question....I don't think we have that answer.

The process is fairly transparent to us (ITAC) as everything has to go to the CRB for approval. If it needs to go beyond them, so be it - but that doesn't effect the outcome other than add another layer of 'management'. I will learn about the official proceedures and report back.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Originally posted by Bill Miller@Dec 22 2005, 07:27 PM
    That's just it Darin, even prior to PCAs, reclassification w/ a change in weight, was allowed for in the ITCS.
    [snapback]69005[/snapback]
    Yup, I obviously agree... and I know that YOU know how hard we had to work to get people to accept that is WAS already allowed... Having PCAs implemented didn't hurt in that process either...

Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

Originally posted by Banzai240@Dec 22 2005, 02:23 PM
    I'm not completely clear on exactly which changes the CRB does and does not have the authority to do autonymously...

If I remember correctly, they can classify cars and reclassify cars without BoD approval. Keep in mind, however, that the idea of reclassifying cars in IT WITH weight adjustments is new, so that is why it needed BoD approval last year...

[snip]

Minor rule changes or spec line adjustements don't need to go before the BoD in most cases, but again, if it's a major change, then it might...

Fuzzy enough for you??
    [snapback]69004[/snapback]
    Substitute "ITAC" in place of "CRB" and "CRB" in place of "BOD" in the above sentence and things look much more logical. Do we really need 3 committees to approve changes even when they are major? Or 2 committees to approve a car classification? I agree oversight is needed when implementing major changes (PCA's, class realignment) but if we can't trust the ITAC to make the right decisions on alternate pulleys or classing a new car than find people we can trust. Of course it should go without saying I think the current ITAC is well suited to the job, but I'll say it anyway. Give them the authority they have earned and enable them speed up the process, when needed.

Then apply this model to all the groups and let the BOD and CRB use their new found free time to work on longer range issues like a class place for old touring cars (CR or a system to provide data on how many CRX's, Rabbits or whateber car are being raced and in which classes (BOD). Just a thought.

I'm not trying to bitch about the speed of changes because I know it has improved. But the current process limits how much faster things can go, so here's a possible way to move to the next level.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

Originally posted by Banzai240+Dec 22 2005, 06:35 PM-->
    Merry Christmas to all! (If that offends you, DEAL with it! Last time I checked, it wasn't a RIGHT to NOT be offended! :P )
    [snapback]68997[/snapback]
    [/b]
    Darin, although we dont always agree you are right on this one!!!!!

<!--QuoteBegin-Banzai240
    @Dec 22 2005, 06:35 PM
    Hopefully Santa doesn&#39;t leave Lead in your stocking!
    [snapback]68997[/snapback]
    But if you are a BMW driver, lead is exactly what the board will be giving you
    Fred Alphin
    "Big leisure money seeker"
    #92 Hankook Tire soon to be ITB? ITA?
    Damn economy...

Originally posted by Fastfred92@Dec 22 2005, 02:54 PM
    Darin, although we dont always agree you are right on this one!!!!!
    [snapback]69015[/snapback]
    Why the sad face Fred? I don&#39;t see in your signature that you even drive an IT car, nevermind a BMW. Even if you did, have we not explained time and time again that all we want to do is put everyone on the same playing field?

*IF* the BMW gains weight, it should lose it&#39;s restrictor. *IF* the BMW stays at 2850, it should get an SIR (actual RP that restricts all cars, not just the honest people)

Honestly, it is getting old.

Bah, humbug!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Originally posted by seckerich@Dec 22 2005, 05:27 AM
    I guess we can agree to disagree as to the equality of our chosen rides--I won&#39;t start another 10 page thread about it. Come by at the next race and I&#39;ll buy you a beer and we can argue some more. Good luck with your season.
    [snapback]68936[/snapback]
    yo steve, i am just jealous &#39;cause you kicked my butt at vir last year! but our matching cars did look good next to each other in impound...

hmmmm....beer!

Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Dec 22 2005, 04:00 AM
    Marshall,

I hear you loud and clear. Any place that can run 12 months of the year (those who can run on Jan 1 of any given year), have no time to digest a rule change should it come in December. I guess that is one of the few benefits of only being able run April to October here in the Northeast (plus paying off your credit cards!).

AB
    [snapback]68925[/snapback]
    wow, paying off the racing credit card over the winter is a novel concept andy! each year i hope to do that, but somehow big car maint items and restocking the comsumables just seems to hold that balance high!

thanks for the reply.

marshall

Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Dec 22 2005, 09:25 PM
    Why the sad face Fred? I don&#39;t see in your signature that you even drive an IT car, nevermind a BMW. Even if you did, have we not explained time and time again that all we want to do is put everyone on the same playing field?

*IF* the BMW gains weight, it should lose it&#39;s restrictor. *IF* the BMW stays at 2850, it should get an SIR (actual RP that restricts all cars, not just the honest people)

Honestly, it is getting old.

Bah, humbug!
    [snapback]69019[/snapback]
    Just a sad face for the BMW drivers ( being a former one myself ) thats all...
    also former 944 driver, Golf III when it was ITA, GTI, and even 914, all former IT rides.... currently considering a plunge back in.. Most likely ITA in a XXXXXXX.

Merry Christmas
    Fred Alphin
    Damn economy...

Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Dec 22 2005, 03:33 PM
    I know Bill has a question behind that question....I don&#39;t think we have that answer.

The process is fairly transparent to us (ITAC) as everything has to go to the CRB for approval. If it needs to go beyond them, so be it - but that doesn&#39;t effect the outcome other than add another layer of &#39;management&#39;. I will learn about the official proceedures and report back.

AB
    [snapback]69006[/snapback]

Yep Andy, you got me!

And of course I&#39;ve got a question behind that question.

I&#39;m just trying to figure out why some things seem to sail right through, and others seem to take forever.

My understanding is that when looking at this proposal from the ITAC the RRB had to decide if they were going to approve the plan and also they needed to decide if this required BOD approval or not.
    If I understand the RRB may be able to make the changes as a correction or if uncomfortable with that they could elect to send it to The BOD.
    In November they had not made that decision yet.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Originally posted by Fastfred92@Dec 22 2005, 08:54 PM
    [snapback]69015[/snapback]

Not necessarily...
    Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

Originally posted by mlytle@Dec 22 2005, 03:33 PM
    wow, paying off the racing credit card over the winter is a novel concept andy!
    [snapback]69021[/snapback]
    No, no, no, no, NO, NO. NO!!! DON&#39;T DO THAT!!! I heard rumors that if you don&#39;t carry a balance "THEY" (that group of people in Switzerland that make all the important world decisions) TAKE THE CARD WAY FROM YOU!!! It happened to a friend of my brother-in-law&#39;s sister&#39;s buddy&#39;s third cousin!

If they did that to me, I&#39;d be so screwed...I&#39;d have to, like, PAY for things and stuff...

Originally posted by GregAmy@Dec 22 2005, 07:02 PM
    It happened to a friend of my brother-in-law&#39;s sister&#39;s buddy&#39;s third cousin!

[snapback]69047[/snapback]
    haha.....A few states further south and that could be your aunt or yer wife.....or both
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

Originally posted by Joe Harlan@Dec 22 2005, 10:21 PM
    haha.....A few states further south ...
    Oooh! Fred! Defend your honor! I would but I&#39;m "not from around here."

K

Originally posted by Knestis@Dec 22 2005, 08:53 PM

K
    [snapback]69053[/snapback]
    So yer sayin&#39; yer not family?
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

Originally posted by Knestis@Dec 22 2005, 08:53 PM

K

LOL (dueling banjo&#39;s in the back ground)
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z

Originally posted by Knestis@Dec 22 2005, 09:53 PM
    ...but I&#39;m "not from around here."
    ...as all the women circle him, looking for fresh DNA to add to the pool...

Originally posted by GregAmy@Dec 23 2005, 08:05 AM
    ...as all the women circle him, looking for fresh DNA to add to the pool...
    [snapback]69080[/snapback]
    Look Pa , eeez still got all his teeth.....
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z

I am half yankee myself, not sure what to do.......
    Fred Alphin
    Damn economy...