Thread: Sad News

I was informed today that E.Gordon Warren passed away on December 4th from complications of small cell lung cancer.

Gordon (Egor as many of us knew him) raced a VW Scirocco in ITC(white #91). Gordon was a steward as well. Gordon was one of those guys that you knew would race you hard on the track but would always leave you room. He was also a good steward, you knew when you saw him in the tower where you stood, but he was always fair, which is the best thing to hope for in a steward. Gordon was a regular at MARRS races and at North Carolina Region (his region of record) events.

Gordon was one of the many people that I met at the track. He was always happy to be at the track and race with his friends.

I will hoist a cold ale tonight and toast the many memories that I have of Gordon.
    Gordon was my friend and I will miss him.

cheers
    "dangerous" dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Gordon was a sportsman and a gentleman, a true example of what SCCA racing should be all about. He was always quick to help out, and frequently gave me pointers and tips as I progressed along in ITC racing with my Scirocco. He took interest in other peoples' racing and family, and was always upbeat and cheerful at the track. Even after I moved up to national racing with my GP Scirocco, he would come over and see how we were doing and always had a positive story or tidbit to share with us.

He never gave up despite his health issues, racing as recently as the Goblins Go at the VIR, where he finished 2nd in his Scirocco. He could still mash the pedals and steer with the best of them.

He will be missed. Here's to you, Gordon!! You touched a lot of lives, and gave some of us some really big shoes to fill.

MC
    Mark Coffin
    #14 FP VW Scirocco
    Former ITC roustabout...

Well said guys...wish I knew him.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com