Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Golf Version 3.2 Progressing Slowly

Speaking of, I could use some digital pics of Pablo azul on track for the web site. If anyone has any?

K

I didn have my digi with me, so I didnt get any shots on sunday, but this is one off my friends camera on Saturday.

--
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Kirk,

I'm not sure if Jim Sykes from Motorsports Imaging was there or not. Check his website.

Bill I dont think he was there, last time I checked he was going to be at the Houston Grand Prix that weekend.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

Angry

I'm not sure if Jim Sykes from Motorsports Imaging was there or not. Check his website.
    [/b]
    Unfortunately Jimmy didn't make VIR - he's "gone Pro" on us and is travelling/working most every weekend. The only MARRS that he was able to attend was MARRS 1 where he showed up with his Dad (former Tech Inspector) to spectate and say "Hi".

It's too bad for us amateurs b/c Jimmy is one helluva good photographer but I'm pleased to know that his business has taken off significantly
    Haz-Matt Racing

Kirk,

I'm not sure if Jim Sykes from Motorsports Imaging was there or not. Check his website. [/b]
    Don't think it was Jim, but there was a photog there; he was going around offering single 8 X 10s of your car for $25. I thought that was a little steep for one shot, even more so after I got home Sunday and found in my mail a package of 7 photos from MARRS I (from Ken Brown IIRC) being offered for $28. Does anyone know who the guy was at VIR, and if he has a website?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Earl there were several there, but who knows how to get in touch with them. The 8x10 was a nice picture for my car, but 25 bucks was a little high but not much. Speaking of which I have a huge stack of rather boring pictures to return to Ken Brown.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

Angry

I think Ken Brown was at VIR as was Gordon Jolley - Gordon walked around the grid on Friday and asked about interest - apparently he only photographs interested parties which is a good thing.
    Haz-Matt Racing

yeah, he cought me offgaurd at the grid as I was getting ready so I dont know if I even answered him or if he took any pictures. My issue with ken is he has a few shots but they all make it look like im just driving around the track. All the pictures from the M1 race and qualifing are boring, in the carousel where I made 3 passes and not one pass was pictured, but I have 4 shots of me driving the carousel the next lap after the pass.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

I've yakked about it here before but the problem with the commercial guys is that they have a print-oriented approach. An 8x10 is useless to me and they seem (when they DO use digital equipment) to charge $TOO.MUCH for a single .jpg file, because they think I'm stealing their revenues by printing my own.

K

And thus I usually come up with my good digital and a friend. I take lots of pictures anyway, and then come my race I hand him the camera with a fresh 1G memory card, a list of car numbers and tell him go whereever you want to in these turns.

Next thing I know I have 400-1000 pictures.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

The SARRC/MARRS shootout (knockout) was pretty exciting for me and my pink Golf. Saturdays race I nearly collected a very slow Flee-esta coming out of the esses and spun big time. Sunday I got used as brakes by a Nissan in turn one. (new door, rocker repair and fender) I was also held-up by several SRX7's.
    These guys would try to outbrake me in turn one and end up looking like greased pigs at a picnic (allover)
    I'd make a clean pass on the front straight and they would try the same BS. Finally on lap 9 the silver SRX7 attempted a pass in 3 (great thinking) and his rear hit my left front, spining both of us out. My 6th overall became a 14th. This bozo filed a protest against me for unsportsmanlike driving ! Luckily the SOM's have got some sense and ruled it "a racing incident" . 45 minutes later I was free to go home. So Mathew ,Silver SRX7 #1, does your pussy still hurt ??

Tim
    #97 ITB Golf
    "Pinky"

Matt,

I'm glad to hear that Jimmy's business is taking off. And you're right, he is a great photographer.

Tim, I'm curious as to why you didn't file a counter-protest? I'm also surprised at stewards that consider bone-headed moves like that 'racing incidents'. The guy wasn't in your class, and from what it looks like, wasn't racing w/ anyone in his class.

Angry

Finally on lap 9 the silver SRX7 attempted a pass in 3 (great thinking) and his rear hit my left front, spining both of us out. My 6th overall became a 14th. This bozo filed a protest against me for unsportsmanlike driving ! [/b]
    I was thinking that you would have filed a protest against the SRX7 for agressive driving considering that it is his duty to pass safely and he didn't succeed - by holding your line and not "stopping" or otherwise moving off-line, you made the track safer for the 3-4 OTHER SRX7s that were in that same pack. I'm glad that the SOMs found in your favor.

As for pictures - one think I like about Jimmy's pictures (www.motorsportsimaging.com) is that he directs everyone to his website for previews. If you like what you see, you can buy individual prints or an entire CD of your car - much easier and less hassle than receiving 20 pictures in the mail that I have to sort thru and then return-mail at my expense.

BTW - to avoid confusion, my name is also Matthew but I drive a Golf, namely a bright orange version...
    Haz-Matt Racing

... much easier and less hassle than receiving 20 pictures in the mail that I have to sort thru and then return-mail at my expense. ...
    [/b]
    Or not return. I figure unsolicited things mailed to my home are gifts.

K

Tim,

I was the guy in the white crx with the red stripes. I tried to find yu friday afternoon, and saturday morn, to thank you for that tow in friday morn's session. I think we both wound up with decent qualifying because of it.

As for being held up... I fully understand. The MARRS C cars that I ran with saturday didn't brake check 16, they stayed all the way on the brakes through 17, problably cost me a second a lap... even though they had a bit of a leg on me on the straights.

Glad you guys had fun... too bad I could play on Sunday!

hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Ya, I could have filed a counter protest but the grounds were weak to start with. I wouldn't bother Stewards for such a weiner mishap. My car wasn't damaged,I didn't lose my 3rd place finish for SARRC points. So let it lay. The sad part of this whole thing was that during Sat.'s race he didn't leave enough room for me in a corner and later came by and talked to me about it which is great. I talked to him about working together and drafting our way up to a better position. In the race on Sunday he was holding me up(1 sec/lap) so I passed him very nicely on the front straight. Had he tucked in behind me we would have made a few great laps. But I guess a macho RX7 can't be behind a faster pink Golf, too much on the ego so hence the greased pig pass attempts .
    Hats off to the ITC white/red stripe CRX ! Working together is a great advantage. This was my 2nd time here and I am still learning the track. I do feel good as my best race lap on Sat. was a bit faster than Sam's best(only 1 lap though). A bit of the hair of the dog as I used to drive that Volvo back in '94. A fast consistent front runner !
    See you at Charlotte !!!!!!!!

Tim
    #97 ITB Golf