Thread: Golf Version 3.2 Progressing Slowly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am glad you like the Crud Thug.

Something a couple of guys could invest in and sperad the cost of a tool out. Well worth the investment in my mind. Can't believe Snap On doesn't do more marketing to racers with this tool. The body shops in my aera didn't even know about it.

Kirk, Rome wasn't built in one day....... Looks like a nice build keep up the good work.

Jon

P.S. with rust like that you just might of saved someones life. You will have a nice starting point to mount the seat

There are a couple of hints about why we have so much rust...

The windshield was busted out at one point (glass fragments in the vents), and the driver's door had been jimmied - evidence that it had been stolen somewhere along the line, potentially vandalized, and maybe left sitting somewhat open.

There was also some damage to the underbelly - like it had been driven over a curb? - that may have separated some of the joints, allowing water in.

Whatever, we'll get it worked out but particularly with the holiday travel season, it's going to be slow going for a while.

K

EDIT - If nothing else, we are expanding our internal skill base and infrastructure...

Originally posted by Knestis@Dec 18 2005, 09:56 PM
    If nothing else, we are expanding our internal skill base and infrastructure...
    [snapback]68671[/snapback]
    How many time have I said that to myself?
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Kirk, looking good. ETA for the car on track? Will you make VIR in March?

Looking forward to meeting Son of Pablo.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I had hoped to do the Tarheel or NASA VIR event in mid-February but that ain't happening. March should be OK but I'd really like to have it on the track for a low pressure test before then.

We're freshening the engine, too and rebuilding the gearbox (don't ask). The suspension is getting bushings but Cameron's been working on the mechanical components so they are ready to bolt on when the paint dries. It might surprise me but the fact that I'm trying not to do in either my or Cameron's personal/professional lives is making this a slow - and sometimes frustrating - process.

I had a dream last night about camber plates and strut braces, and woke up obsessing about them this morning...

K