Ya, I could have filed a counter protest but the grounds were weak to start with. I wouldn't bother Stewards for such a weiner mishap. My car wasn't damaged,I didn't lose my 3rd place finish for SARRC points. So let it lay. The sad part of this whole thing was that during Sat.'s race he didn't leave enough room for me in a corner and later came by and talked to me about it which is great. I talked to him about working together and drafting our way up to a better position. In the race on Sunday he was holding me up(1 sec/lap) so I passed him very nicely on the front straight. Had he tucked in behind me we would have made a few great laps. But I guess a macho RX7 can't be behind a faster pink Golf, too much on the ego so hence the greased pig pass attempts .
Hats off to the ITC white/red stripe CRX ! Working together is a great advantage. This was my 2nd time here and I am still learning the track. I do feel good as my best race lap on Sat. was a bit faster than Sam's best(only 1 lap though). A bit of the hair of the dog as I used to drive that Volvo back in '94. A fast consistent front runner !
See you at Charlotte !!!!!!!!

Tim
#97 ITB Golf