Thread: Fire surppressing agents

I notice that Dupont has a new fire surpressing agent out (FE36) to replace Halon 1211. Does any one have any knowledge/experience with this new agent, and how does it stack up against AFFF?
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

This agent has been available for some time. You can learn more fromwww.firefoxind.com. These folks supply it and AFFF. Got Q's-call them. Very friendly folks. -Their decal is on our car.

Let em know we sent you.
    Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
    '89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
    '03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow

Thanks to: KONI, Firefox Industries-Fire Suppression Systems, KIRK Racing and a host of others.

Originally posted by RacerBill@Dec 16 2005, 02:58 PM
    I notice that Dupont has a new fire surpressing agent out (FE36) to replace Halon 1211. Does any one have any knowledge/experience with this new agent, and how does it stack up against AFFF?
    [snapback]68499[/snapback]

Just a heads up guys. I know you knew this but it warrants repeating. AFFF freezes in cold climes. Burst the compression ring on the dip tube. Dont add any antifreeze to the mix either.

If you run in Dec and are the first out you may not have protection. If you have addressed this then just forget this post.

Lawrence

Originally posted by latebrake@Dec 16 2005, 09:28 PM
    Just a heads up guys. I know you knew this but it warrants repeating. AFFF freezes in cold climes. Burst the compression ring on the dip tube. Dont add any antifreeze to the mix either.

If you run in Dec and are the first out you may not have protection. If you have addressed this then just forget this post.

Lawrence
    [snapback]68510[/snapback]
    Pull Bottle and keep inside I would assume for winter months.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Originally posted by RacerBill@Dec 16 2005, 06:58 PM
    [snapback]68499[/snapback]
    I do not see FE36 listed as an approved agent in the 2006 GCR. Is this a new rule?
    On the AFFF system in my car it , has a label that says it is potected to -10C

Bob

Originally posted by 1stGenBoy@Dec 19 2005, 12:31 PM
    I do not see FE36 listed as an approved agent in the 2006 GCR. Is this a new rule?

Bob
    [snapback]68686[/snapback]
    That's 14F. I know it gets colder than that in Wisconsin.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Originally posted by 1stGenBoy@Dec 19 2005, 12:31 PM

Bob
    [snapback]68686[/snapback]
    Bob: You are correct, I don't see FE36 listed either. GCR states 'AFFF or equivalent' but no equivilant to Halon 1301 or 1211. I double checked where I saw FE36 and it is advertised on the Racer Wholesale website.

I have written to Jeremy in Topeka for an answer.

Thanks to everyone else who responded to my note. Many heads much better than one empty one!
    92 ITA Saturn

Originally posted by RacerBill@Dec 20 2005, 02:36 PM
    Bob: You are correct, I don't see FE36 listed either. GCR states 'AFFF or equivalent' but no equivilant to Halon 1301 or 1211. I double checked where I saw FE36 and it is advertised on the Racer Wholesale website.

I have written to Jeremy in Topeka for an answer.

Thanks to everyone else who responded to my note. Many heads much better than one empty one!
    [snapback]68762[/snapback]
    Bill,
    I went round and round with a guy selling Fire systems with FE36 in them at the PRI show. He insisted they were SCCA legal and my response was show me the rule that allows it. He did not like that. I said lets walk over to the SCCA booth and grab a rule book and look. He declined my offer.
    Kind of funny since we were in the market for a new line of fire systems and his stuff would have slotted in our product mix just fine(we sell 30-40 systems a month).
    Nice eh?

Bob

Originally posted by Eagle7@Dec 19 2005, 06:04 PM
    That's 14F. I know it gets colder than that in Wisconsin.
    [snapback]68697[/snapback]
    Your right. It was 2 degrees here yesterday morning. I have not had a problem with it freezing though.

Bob

Originally posted by 1stGenBoy@Dec 20 2005, 03:28 PM
    Your right. It was 2 degrees here yesterday morning. I have not had a problem with it freezing though.

Bob
    [snapback]68799[/snapback]
    Where'd you get the heat? It was 1 down here in Columbus, OH yesterday morning!
    92 ITA Saturn