Hi Guys-

Total newbie here. I saw this topic come up in the "Slightly OT..." thread and I though rather than make it more OT I'd start a new one....

I'm just getting started in racing after several years of autocrossing, DE's etc. I have a '93 325is that I am slowly evolving into a race car (even MORE slowly evolving into a COMPETITIVE race car! )

Anyway, I've identified the BMWCCA route as a good way to "get my feet wet", get a license, and get some race experience. I can do all their required DE's in my street car, and the 13/13 race format seems like it would have some benefits for a rookie. After some experience there, I'd hope SCCA would grant me a license without too much trouble. Anybody done this before?

Also, I'm trying to compare the rules for ITS and Prepared so I can build a car that I might be able to run in both series as I develop my driving skills. I dont expect to fast in either one, of course, so I'm not worried about the car being "maxed-out" for either set of rules. Instead, it would be considerably under-built for both classes, probably, but might allow me to maximize seat time...

I'd really appreciate any advice or opinions...

TIA,

Pete
New York