Thread: Number Reservation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Greg,
    Don't know you but I am the guy who reserved my number. Sorry but I did exactly what I was supposed to do which was request the same number I had last year. I certainly have had problems with numbers when groups are changed in the past as we all have. When groups are changed this happens. And yes I did keep the same number, why, because I race the car in two different associations and had to request both at the same time. Don't really want to change everytime I race in a different associatin. The number request this year will be difficult with the groups changing and sorry if you got caught in the change.

And by the way we all are members of SCCA whether we race Natinals, Regionals or both.

I checked the results for ITA last year and couldn't find anyone with #34? Can't really see that I have someone's number??
    Best of luck in 06.
    JR

JR, my number last year was #33. We added a team car this year which coincidentally had #34 on it since 1999, a number which we found out was not used last year in ITA. Seemed like everything was going to work out easy for us for '06.

Well, due to not knowing about having to reserve numbers so early (fine: we didn't know the process, our bad), a primarily-National-class F Production car snagged my #33 that I ran last year in ITA and you in a primarily-National-class T2 car snagged the #34 that we were going to put on the sister ITA car, all for a primarily-Regional-class series. My stated "concern" is in regards to someone that reserves a number with the "possibilty" that they "may" show up to race once in a while and are worried about being inconvenienced that one or two times, taking away numbers from the series' consistent regular competitors.

Hey, it's first-come, first-served and in the end we're talking about thirty bucks in vinyl. Further, I'm the last person to have any superstitions about specific numbers (after nearly 20 years of racing, I've had just about every one of them anyway, even "unlucky" ones...) Bottom line, if you or anyone else who reserves a number for Regional racing actually show up to race, then no one - including me - can or should have any concerns, gripes, or complaints.

Looking forward to seeing you out there.

Greg