Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Number Reservation

Originally posted by dickita15@Dec 18 2005, 06:03 PM
    look likes I got T3 wrong. <_<

I sure hope that guy is not mad
    [snapback]68650[/snapback]
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

See why Dickita is so much fun around the track Andy?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Originally posted by lateapex911@Dec 18 2005, 09:05 PM
    See why Dickita is so much fun around the track Andy?
    [snapback]68666[/snapback]
    ITA is gonna be soooo much fun next year...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Dicksm/ssm has always been the fun one around the track. Happy Holidays everyone. dave

Originally posted by RKramden@Dec 18 2005, 09:58 AM
    We always start on November 1st, so if you forgot, or were wating for some notice, don&#39;t expect any sympathy...
    [snapback]68629[/snapback]
    Dave, didn&#39;t know that, so impossible to remember. Has that ever been published? Matters not, I know it now.

I don&#39;t envy Marianne&#39;s (and your?) job or sorting this out...thanks! - Greg

(Not-directed-at-Dave-and-Marianne P.S.: I dislike how these National drivers are sucking up reserved numbers for the ITA/FP/GP/HP/T2 et al group. I reviewed the results from last year and *very few* of them ever showed up to a Regional event but they snatch up the numbers for the real Regional racers? In fact, the FP guy that has the number I used in ITA last year *never* showed up to any NER Regional listed on mylaps.com. One T2 guy reserved a number wanted by an ITA competitor so he&#39;d be the same as the BMW Club if/when he drives SCCA! That&#39;s just not right. I suggest that the Regional classes should get first dibs on Regional numbers and the National kids can use duct tape on their cars for the one or two times they show up...)

Long private reply sent to Greg, here is the bottom line:

If you want the rules changed, then talk to your represenitive on the NARRC committee. It won&#39;t change this year, but it can have an effect on next year.

But, you may end up having to send your request by mail (no e-mail or phone calls allowed), and to get the number you may have to pay a fee.

The numbers are done to help the drivers. If you want it changed, then ask and get enough people to agree with you. You can have what you want, but be careful what you ask for, as you just may get it.

And Greg,

Thanks for the offer to take over doing numbers. :P
    Dave Lyons - TACT is for people not witty enough to be SARCASTIC.
    Latte is French for "You paid too much for your coffee."

Originally posted by RKramden@Dec 22 2005, 08:59 PM
    Thanks for the offer to take over doing numbers. :P
    [snapback]69049[/snapback]
    Hah, your ass! I&#39;d be kicked out of this organization, oh, about 15 milliseconds after the first one of you (me?) bitched and moaned!!! You guys have the patience of saints, and don&#39;t think we don&#39;t appreciate it. - GA

Greg,
    Don&#39;t know you but I am the guy who reserved my number. Sorry but I did exactly what I was supposed to do which was request the same number I had last year. I certainly have had problems with numbers when groups are changed in the past as we all have. When groups are changed this happens. And yes I did keep the same number, why, because I race the car in two different associations and had to request both at the same time. Don&#39;t really want to change everytime I race in a different associatin. The number request this year will be difficult with the groups changing and sorry if you got caught in the change.

And by the way we all are members of SCCA whether we race Natinals, Regionals or both.

I checked the results for ITA last year and couldn&#39;t find anyone with #34? Can&#39;t really see that I have someone&#39;s number??
    Best of luck in 06.
    JR

JR, my number last year was #33. We added a team car this year which coincidentally had #34 on it since 1999, a number which we found out was not used last year in ITA. Seemed like everything was going to work out easy for us for &#39;06.

Well, due to not knowing about having to reserve numbers so early (fine: we didn&#39;t know the process, our bad), a primarily-National-class F Production car snagged my #33 that I ran last year in ITA and you in a primarily-National-class T2 car snagged the #34 that we were going to put on the sister ITA car, all for a primarily-Regional-class series. My stated "concern" is in regards to someone that reserves a number with the "possibilty" that they "may" show up to race once in a while and are worried about being inconvenienced that one or two times, taking away numbers from the series&#39; consistent regular competitors.

Hey, it&#39;s first-come, first-served and in the end we&#39;re talking about thirty bucks in vinyl. Further, I&#39;m the last person to have any superstitions about specific numbers (after nearly 20 years of racing, I&#39;ve had just about every one of them anyway, even "unlucky" ones...) Bottom line, if you or anyone else who reserves a number for Regional racing actually show up to race, then no one - including me - can or should have any concerns, gripes, or complaints.

Looking forward to seeing you out there.

Greg