JR, my number last year was #33. We added a team car this year which coincidentally had #34 on it since 1999, a number which we found out was not used last year in ITA. Seemed like everything was going to work out easy for us for '06.

Well, due to not knowing about having to reserve numbers so early (fine: we didn't know the process, our bad), a primarily-National-class F Production car snagged my #33 that I ran last year in ITA and you in a primarily-National-class T2 car snagged the #34 that we were going to put on the sister ITA car, all for a primarily-Regional-class series. My stated "concern" is in regards to someone that reserves a number with the "possibilty" that they "may" show up to race once in a while and are worried about being inconvenienced that one or two times, taking away numbers from the series' consistent regular competitors.

Hey, it's first-come, first-served and in the end we're talking about thirty bucks in vinyl. Further, I'm the last person to have any superstitions about specific numbers (after nearly 20 years of racing, I've had just about every one of them anyway, even "unlucky" ones...) Bottom line, if you or anyone else who reserves a number for Regional racing actually show up to race, then no one - including me - can or should have any concerns, gripes, or complaints.

Looking forward to seeing you out there.

Greg