Thanks for posting the GRM article of the 240Z vs. 300ZX. I was actually looking for that today on the GRM site and couldn't find it. Low and behold, I look here in the thread I started and there it is.

As much as I like the 280ZX I'm starting to think more about other Nissans. One of my criteria is what I call "scalability". I'd like to start racing with a slower car and eventually increase it's power as I become a better, more confident (and RICHER!!) driver. The increase in power would, more than likely, come from turbos. So, with regard to that, I'm thinking about doing a Z32 300ZX in N/A trim for ITE or doing a 240SX for ITS. Eventually I'd do some turbo mods to either of these and run them in SP. Of course, the Z31 is tempting as well. The scalability of that may not be very good, but it seems there are more and more of them showing up at the tracks in the Southwest. The 240SX (DOHC) may not be very competitive in ITS so I'm not sure if it would be fun to race and not many folks run int ITE in the Southwest.

I pose this question to the more experienced folks. What would you do? I want a Nissam platform I can grow. I like to twist wrenches, and I want someone to race with and don't want to be the only car in the class on the track.

TIA