Thread: 25hr live timing and scoring ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the update.....you guys keep your head down,it's a LONG race.....and good luck .

Originally posted by m glassburner@Dec 3 2005, 11:38 AM
    Thanks for the update.....you guys keep your head down,it's a LONG race.....and good luck .
    [snapback]67281[/snapback]
    Thanks for the support, I'll pass that along to Marcus.

Green flag plus 6 hours.

First stint was driven by Sean Neilson, to be used as the fuel consumption test. We have a 15 gallon cell, but are only allowed to put in 10 gallons of fuel per stop. The only active pickup in the cell is on the right side, and Thunderhill is mostly left turns, so the theory was that we would have plenty of warning before the cell ran dry, when it started to sputter on one of the few right turns, we would come in for fuel and a driver change. It seems our plan sucked, as the car sputtered one time before the engine died from lack of fuel. DOH. Sean rolled the car on the escape road before turn 6 and waited for a tow back to the pits.

Once the crash crew delivered the car to the pits, we refueled, and I got behind the wheel and went out for 5 or 6 laps, to burn off a little fuel, then I came back in for a quick gas and go stop to top off the tank and get us back on our planned fuel schedule. I went back out for a little over an hour, when I came in and Scott Miller got in the car. Scott's session was uneventful.

Tim Gray took over from Scott, and after about 20 minutes went off in the turn 5 bypass. When he came back on, the low hanging panhard bar caught on something, and broke. Sean, Scott and I were all experiencing a bit of wheel hop under hard braking, which certainly didn't help things, we think the bar was probably weakened a bit, and his off was just the last straw.

John Neilson, (Sean's dad) whipped out the welder and some scrap steel and repaired the panhard bar, which was reinstalled, and Tim went back out to finish his stint. I think we only lost 30 or 40 minutes.

I have no idea where we are in the standings, Timing and scoring are hell and gone from our paddock, and the promised live T&S on mylaps.com has failed to materialize.

Marcus is in the car next, after which we go back to the top of the batting order.

More updates as time allows.

Tom