According to Dave Gran, I'm going to need my own tow vehicle. Apparently I can't convince him to get a 2 car trailer. Something about being in love with his tow dolly, or some other such nonsense. Also, I decided against using AAA to tow my car to and from the track. I figure I can get away with it 3 times, before they start asking questions.

So that leaves me with the task of finding a really cheap truck. By cheap, I mean less than $2000. The truck will only be used to get the car to and from the track. I know nothing about trucks, so I have no idea what to look for. So I need some pointers on what features I should consider (4x4, V6 or V8, etc) and suggestions on what are good models. The only 2 things I care about are it's ability to easily tow a car up that damn on the way back from Lime Rock, and reliability. I don't care if the truck is know to have problems with stupid plastic things falling out, A/C's that suck, or other stupid things that don't make the truck go. I don't care if it's a pickup, or a SUV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And there's no need to point out good deals on ebay, as I'm not looking to buy until the spring. But feel free to point me to ebay (or where ever) if that helps me to know what to look for. Thanks.