Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Race Schedule

Cancelling last year's Labor Day event was the single hardest decision we've made as a Board and ALL of us are committed to seeing that such a thing never happens again. Although the holidays have slowed the process down, we are exploring a number of options regarding Atlanta Region's Double SARRC and should have an announcement well before Jekyll.

No, I am not at liberty to discuss what those options are at this time.

One of the other things we are doing is re-instating the quarterly membership meetings to encourage communication and the exchange of ideas. The first one will be Feb. 20 at a central location (NOT the Club Office) also be announced soon (after approval at the Jan 9 Board meeting).
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

I believe our continued existance in club racing as we have know it for the 25 years that I have been involved is showing stress fractures. In the early days I was a taker... we paid an entry fee and raced. After moving to Atlanta in 1989, we got involved with the club administration because we didn't know anyone in Atlanta. Now, we give much more than we take. We still race 8 events with Atlanta Region, the Runoffs, and work all Atlanta Region and Pro events at Road Atlanta. We also work the test days at Road Atlanta. How do I have time? I have time to do anything that I enjoy. Some weeks the grass at home just doesn't get mowed.
    Our shortage of "givers" at our events isn't limited to Flaggers, although we could use about 3 times more. There are lots of logistics that need to be accomplished, and if you noticed I didn't refer to any of this as work. For me its fun, or I wouldn't do it. We plan to have a few membership meetings this year. (Oh, wonder who will volunteer to make the arrangements??) Come out to the membership meetings and we will share opportunities to give you a reason to not cut the grass this week.