Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Sprints?

Kevin, getting in on this a little late. I don't know that you'll see any Friday only HPDE days from NASA OH/IN in '06 since we were able to get three (3) full weekend events (all w/ Friday test days) as well as the NASA Nationals. I can check w/ Lawrence and see what he says, but our schedule is now listed as Final and it doesn't have any of these days on it.

As for as the WOR games being moved back to October, M-O moved the dates of their bike events for '06, w/ the Vintage Days being the last weekend in July (Brat Bash weekend in '05) and the Super Cycle weekend is the first weekend in August (WOR games weekend in '05). Add to that 2 additional NASA OH/IN weekends (1 in July, 1 in August), and October was the only weekend left available in '06.

I'd definitely be down for a big IT weekend at Mid Ohio on any of the dates discussed. I could probably get most of the H4 guys to come as well, though most of them already race in ITA anyways.

Keep this going and make it happen.

Sam, who loves the idea of having eight (8) race weekends at Mid Ohio in '06.

P.S. You can find the tentative '06 Cendiv & Nediv dates here: http://www.kryderacing.com/mvrweb/2006raceschedule.html
    Sam Myers
    MWHC Series Director

2006 National Championship H4 1991 CRX Si - 7th Place
    2006 MWHC H4 1990 Civic Si HB - RIP
    2004 & 2005 MWHC H5 Champion

visit my sponsors:
    http://picperformance.com/store/scripts/news.asp
    http://www.setrabusa.com
    http://www.tracksourcellc.com

Sam, Lawrence and I exchanged a couple of emails already and it doesn't look like OH/IN NASA will be doing any Friday only test days for '06. So I'm sorry guys, but it looks like we'll be shit out of luck for getting a Friday test day at any of the SCCA events next year.

So I guess it's up to you guys if you'd be willing to make the trip or not without getting some Friday practice time. Once again, it's completely up to you guys as I'm willing to make whatever happen.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Originally posted by R2 Racing@Nov 22 2005, 08:01 PM
    Bill - thanks for putting up the NASA dates but I'd ideally like to do this on a SCCA regional weekend...
    [snapback]66379[/snapback]
    Kevin: No, problem. I, too would like it on a SCCA weekend. I just put out the NASA dates as some of their weekends are adjacent to ours (unfortunately, after SCCA) however, some might be inclined to have two weekends of racing with a short vacation in the middle for one tow. Just another option.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Any news on this?
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

No. Simply put, I do not have enough "pull" or "power" to make something like this happen. I believe that the idea would have to be completely sold to either the Cincy Region or the Fort Wayne Region and have them run with it. That's mainly just because they have the two July regionals at Mid Ohio and that would be the perfect time of the year to do it, IMO. Obviously I do not have any say in what happens with those regions and I don't believe that there's been enough of a response here to convince them to do it. I do think though that "If you build it, they will come." Unfortunately my home region, the Ohio Valley Region, does not run their event until September which I think would be too late for people to consider doing in addition to the ARRC, just two months later.

But, I have volunteered myself this year and have become a part of the OVR Race Committee. So hopefully one day I'll have enough of that "pull" to make something like this happen. I still love the idea of it.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Kevin,
    I can't say that I'd come, for certain. A lot of things play into the opportunity of an 18 hr tow whether it's a race track that I've always wanted to run of not. June would be a good month. It gets so hot down here that the SOWDIV shuts down after Memorial Day until late September. They were losing drivers and workers to the heat.
    I go to Atlanta and Daytona in July and September only because the racing is so great and the tracks are fantastic. Sounds like a good reason to head to Mid Ohio where it's cool in two ways.
    I figure Evan would make the trip, too. He'd just have to decide which car to bring from the racing stable.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Ha its more like which one is not smashed and still running!!LOL I would love to come if I knew it was going to be a big ITA field...I am saving money now to finish the ITS car and get the last few expensive pieces for the ITA car. I want to go to the ARRC prepared this year
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Ha its more like which one is not smashed and still running!!LOL I would love to come if I knew it was going to be a big ITA field...I am saving money now to finish the ITS car and get the last few expensive pieces for the ITA car. I want to go to the ARRC prepared this year
    [/b]
    Does that mean not throwing your tools and spare parts in a bucket and laundry basket just before you leave for the race? As to the big ITA field, they're always big, even when I ran it years ago. Try to find a big B or C field...now there's a challenge!
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

those were not laundry baskets! they were high tech parts storage containers!!! and the one with tools was the specialty tool bin!!!
    Evan Darling
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005

Does that mean not throwing your tools and spare parts in a bucket and laundry basket just before you leave for the race? As to the big ITA field, they're always big, even when I ran it years ago. Try to find a big B or C field...now there's a challenge!
    [/b]
    Tow fund???

Raymond
    ITB Audi Coupe that would be much faster than last year...

PS: I had a blast last year, great people, and good fun. Was disapointed with the car and the lack of power... It really sucked having a 5 cyl get pulled on the streights by every ITC car on the track!!!
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

As to the big ITA field, they're always big, even when I ran it years ago. Try to find a big B or C field...now there's a challenge!
    [/b]
    The ITA fields here are generally in the 15-20 range. ITB gets about 10-15 and ITC will see about 5-10. That's just your standard regional though and we get four of them a year. But I really believe that if there was a set up and marketed mid-summer "IT Festival" sort of thing, it could draw some large numbers. But like I said, I don't have the power to make that happen.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

those were not laundry baskets! they were high tech parts storage containers!!! and the one with tools was the specialty tool bin!!!
    [/b]
    O I C ! I'll remember that! Wait until you see the specialized food serving device at this year's ARRC! :P
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

I hope by "Specialized food serving device" you mean a combination waitress, exotic dancer, and chef's assistant.
    Francis Hutchinson

I hope by "Specialized food serving device" you mean a combination waitress, exotic dancer, and chef's assistant.
    [/b]
    Depends on Evan's attitude! lol
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Notice I said waitress. But if Evan's got a sister who doesn't exceed the max weight restriction, he could still be helpful.
    Francis Hutchinson

I know what you are looking for but they are generally way more expensive to bring to the track than what is in the trailer!! and waaaaay more maintenance!
    Evan Darling
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005

Not necessarily...our trusty cook has high hopes but a low threshold. If she has bodacious tatas he'll be happy, however, the meals will suffer...as will we. Best thing is to get a card board cutout of Pamela Anderson...he'll be happy with that. Sign it, "Forever Yours", and he'll be smiling all weekend.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Kevin,

I do have a bit of influence with the July 1 - 2 race weekend. What would the group need to make the trip? Since it is a holiday weekend, many people will have more time off so the date seems logical. If you want to use email, mine is [email protected].

How was the trip to the keys?

db
    Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)

Kevin,

I do have a bit of influence with the July 1 - 2 race weekend. What would the group need to make the trip? Since it is a holiday weekend, many people will have more time off so the date seems logical. If you want to use email, mine is [email protected].

How was the trip to the keys?

db
    [/b]
    The problem with that weekend, at least this year, is that not only do a lot of people have family functions then, but it's also the same weekend as the F1 race in Indy. I'm actually going to be missing the Mid Ohio race that weekend because I'll be out at the USGP. For a real, advertised "Summer Sprints" or "IT Festival" kind of thing though, I could be easily swayed on what I do that weekend.

I generally think with the lack of national guys running the Mid Ohio regionals for Runoffs practice now, the hosting regions may be looking for a way to boost numbers. Also, from the discussions I've had with other IT racers either online or in person, they really like the idea of having something like this early in the summer - our own "June Sprints" if you will. It might take a year or two before it really becomes a huge success like the ARRC, but I think eventually, with the right set up to the weekend, the right awards & contingencies, and the right billing of the event, it could become something a lot of IT racers will put on their schedule every year.

The Keys trip went awesome and was well needed.....at least from what I remember of it.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX