Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ITA Suspension

One thing with the Advanced is that you will need to have them valve them to your specs, at least close enough to get the range right, and you will also need to get the whole refill/nitrogen setup. Everyone I know that has them refills at least every day. THats a pain for the rears, but at the bottom of the strut tube, thats a major PIA!

Beware......

(Running a gas shock with no gas aint ideal)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Originally posted by lateapex911@Nov 27 2005, 05:23 PM
    One thing with the Advanced is that you will need to have them valve them to your specs, at least close enough to get the range right, and you will also need to get the whole refill/nitrogen setup. Everyone I know that has them refills at least every day. THats a pain for the rears, but at the bottom of the strut tube, thats a major PIA!

Beware......

(Running a gas shock with no gas aint ideal)
    [snapback]66759[/snapback]
    thanks - read about that on other boards too. thought about it more and im going with konis into custom fabricated strut housings.

How many people out there would be interested in an ITA Coil Over setup for their ITA Neon???

I have been doing some investigating and met with ANZE Engineering and SRP Engineering today about building a setup for both my cars.

I want to try to keep the price point down around where the Mopar setup was.

Raced my ITA Neon this past weekend at Lime Rock and had a great time. First time out for the old SSC car in two years + the ITA conversion. Now its really fun to race and should be competitive real soon.

Any interest out there for the shocks ???
    Greg Meindl
    #74 Dodge Neon ACR ITA
    #75 Dodge Neon ACR ITA
    #84 Dodge Neon ACR ITA Enduro
    #74 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe TA SVRA
    #74 Pontiac Firebird Formula T2 Sold on its way to Arizona !
    #74 Dodge SRT-4 T2 Sold residing in Indiana

Greg, have you talked to Angelo about pricing? Last time we talked to him he was quoting about $1800 PER CORNER for Penske-based struts...

It looks like really good stuff, but yowza...! - GregA

We are working toward's getting the price point down by using single adjustable. You can then upgrade like I plan to do to eventually make a FP car if you so desire.

I have had now three cars with shocks from them. I can tell you first hand there is nothing that has made my cars more consistant or faster than a great set of Penske Shocks from them. I currently run them in my T2 Firebird ( formerly the Knowles 3rd place Runoff's car T2). Had two Cobra R Mustangs with them as well when I raced Motorola / Grand Am Cup. Simply awesome. One was a Zippo Mustang formerly the #17 and one was my build that was a copy of it and that won at Daytona with their shocks !

Greg We need to get you into a Neon. I now have three friends with good cars available for you. I am waiting for my customer to return my call about the brand x car.
    Greg Meindl
    #74 Dodge Neon ACR ITA
    #75 Dodge Neon ACR ITA

My new struts are in the works from ANZE Engineering. Is anyone out there interested in getting a set ??

The price you had been quoted Greg was for Triple Adjustable by the way. A bit pricy but very trick. I run double adjustable's on the Firebird now having converted them from single's. My Cobra R's also had double's.

Just as a side note if the single adjustable's were good enough to put Don Knowle's 3rd at the Runoff's I am sure the new Penske' single's will work out just fine on the Neon project ITA car. They are a true race shock. They can also be upgraded at any time.
    Greg Meindl
    #74 Dodge Neon ACR ITA
    #75 Dodge Neon ACR ITA

Greg, if I were building a Prod car, I'd be interested. But since I'll just be working on the IT car, I'm gonna stick with my Mopar units. My only concern with them is service, since Dynamic is no longer making them...
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

Depending on the parts inside SRP Engineering may be able to rebuild them and revalve them. Most of the manufacturers parts are interchangeable somewhat . I had external reserviour Dynamic's on one of my mustangs but not all Dynamic internal's were used to rebuild them which also saved cost.
    Greg Meindl
    #74 Dodge Neon ACR ITA
    #75 Dodge Neon ACR ITA