Thread: Hello from down under

Stumbled across your website from a links page at the ipravic site, noticed the cars you race are very similar to our improved production cars we race here in Australia. My nephews race toyota corollas ke 55 and ke30, the run 3sgte with a 36 mill restrictor, they weigh about 800 kg and have 300rwhp. Here are a few photos of the cars, here's a link to our websiteIPRASA site

[attachmentid=166]
    SA IPRA cars 15,25,51 & 77
    Shaperto Racing TRD ugly sister
    My Webpage

Cool. You folks from Down Under do racing right. I wish we had the kind of enthusiasm for racing here that you guys have there.... I love the old school cars in the photos section of the site. When I get my TE72 finished, Ill have to send you guys some pictures. Actually, Ive heard that Austrailia is a good place to source parts for my car. Do you know if thats true? Thanks, awesome site and awesome series!

Ryan
    Ryan Walsh
    Cal Club
    Formerly building ITB Corolla
    Now building ???

"I remember the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?'"

SCCA doesn't have a class for the kind of stuff you guys race. I'm not sure I'm not glad they don't. There are several AW11's with modded 3SGTE's running around on the street, though (along with my mostly stock SW22), that could be a terror in some of the more "unlimited" classes like ITE. There is a guy in Virginia who's stuffing a turbo'ed Cadillac Northstar drivetrain into an AW11. He's hoping for around 600WHP with a weight of around 1100Kg

Originally posted by Jiveslug@Nov 19 2005, 02:27 AM
    Cool. You folks from Down Under do racing right. I wish we had the kind of enthusiasm for racing here that you guys have there.... I love the old school cars in the photos section of the site. When I get my TE72 finished, Ill have to send you guys some pictures. Actually, Ive heard that Austrailia is a good place to source parts for my car. Do you know if thats true? Thanks, awesome site and awesome series!

Ryan
    [snapback]65862[/snapback]
    My nephews source plenty of parts from these sites

Toymods

My105.com
    My Webpage

Thanks! Ill give those sites a good look....
    Ryan Walsh
    Cal Club
    Formerly building ITB Corolla
    Now building ???

"I remember the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?'"

Video of nephews KE55 3sgte IP race car

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a vid of clint at the july state round coming from rear of the field after a dnf in race 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlfN73a-9Ws

Here a link to our website

http://sharperto.com.au
    My Webpage

Thats some cool stuff, just wish I hadn't blown the engine in my Celica this past weekend. I was running with NASA at Roebling Road, when I spun a rod bearing and nearly seized the bottom end of my 3SGE. I've got a spare JDM GE engine at the shop, was just hoping to not need it just yet! Plan is to pull original engine and build it 0.20 over, balance and blue print, port and polish, match injectors, flash the ECU, and build a custom header and exhaust. When complete this car will run NASA Performance Touring E class, but with additional mods would move it higher up the class scale. I have thought at times about running the 3SGTE engine, but I've always prefered mornally asperated, and hell this car make lots more power than anything I've raced in the past.

Keep us updated on your teams success, and I'll try updating my PTE project build, that is if I can ever get in my new shop. Oh but thats a different story!

Here is a link to our NASA rules, http://www.performancetouring.com ,lot of differents cars a choices for mods.

racerb

Where did you sourced the tranny for the RWD convertion. I've consider a 3SGE or GTE for our AE86.

Thanks,

Efrain
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546
    https://improvedtouring.coms/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12013&dateline=120412  5665