Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to the Turkey Trot?

Originally posted by Mazmarc63@Nov 23 2005, 11:14 AM
    Wow, you have finally reached manhood. Welcome to the club. That bridge ain't nuthin no more since the dip got turned into a tunnel.

See you soon.
    [snapback]66448[/snapback]
    nuthin like gravity cavity at full song then brush the inside of the bridge corner and listen to your rpms jump as the car lifts over the top.... :119:
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

And I'm a member of the "Under the Bridge" club. Stop by and ask me what that is. Kinda like the "Flipsiders Club".

Pre-registration shows 36 ITS cars and 24 ITA cars. Woo hoo!!!!!
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Originally posted by its66@Nov 18 2005, 03:17 PM
    Andy,
    Stop by and check out the new and improved 66. It looks faster than it is. Good luck with those axles. Kermit seems to enjoy eating them.
    [snapback]65851[/snapback]
    John,

...I can't believe you didn't catch what I said about Mike in my other post on this topic. I sort of expected Mike to miss it. But I thought for sure you would. It was all I could do to keep a straight face while I was typing it.

...Hint: check his quote.... LOL

Does anyone know which paddock we are using? I sure hope it's on the garage side. Last I heard was 400+ entries received and probably a ton of walk-ins from hurricane hit areas that were cutoff and unable to get pre-registered. I'm one of at least ten I know of! :angry: I've been told that we may break the region record!

GO FLORIDA!
    The majority shall rule.

Where is a good place to setup? This is my first "participant" event at Sebring. I'm flying solo this time. Can anyone spare a square?

Originally posted by Domino@Nov 23 2005, 06:37 PM
    Where is a good place to setup? This is my first "participant" event at Sebring. I'm flying solo this time. Can anyone spare a square?
    [snapback]66509[/snapback]
    I will be there...I dont know where I will park, but just look for the #71 white integra...im sure we can figure something out...will you be there friday? my car is arriving with OPM so I should have time to set up a nice area...
    Evan Darling
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005

Originally posted by Hotshoe@Nov 23 2005, 05:16 AM
    Mike:

...Good to see you at RA. Wish we had more time together while we were there. With my wife being sick, I wanted to leave as soon as I could on Saturday.

... Not sure about this "Turkey with the Trots" race? LOL

....Hope you guys have fun

... Rick
    [snapback]66429[/snapback]

It was good to see you too Rick. Hope your wife is feeling better.

Thanks for helping me try to get on the track for practice.

We have to do a VIR weekend soon.

with a starting grid of over 90 cars this coming weekend, I can bet there will be a lot of brown stains after the start. No wonder they call it the "Turkey with the trots"
    there's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Originally posted by zracre@Nov 23 2005, 11:59 PM
    I will be there...I dont know where I will park, but just look for the #71 white integra...im sure we can figure something out...will you be there friday? my car is arriving with OPM so I should have time to set up a nice area...
    [snapback]66518[/snapback]
    I'll be there as early as possible (earliest the track people will let me in).

Originally posted by Mattberg@Nov 23 2005, 09:56 PM
    Does anyone know which paddock we are using? I sure hope it's on the garage side.
    [snapback]66505[/snapback]
    Supps say 12 Hour paddock. There is quite a bit of space out there with the wall moved out.

Domino,
    There will be alot of concrete available to paddock on. SOme folks seem to prefer the grass though. With the number of entrants/cars, space could still become limited. The paddock marshall may have specific instructions to try to maximize the space provided. If you paddock on the right side of the back stretch concrete, look for the line. stay behind it or they will make you move. You must leave the space between the line and the wall open for emergency vehicles.

Most important...have fun...

Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

Wood, just don't let it be a silver slug..............Do me proud! Have fun everybody!!
    Rob May
    I'll race anything....

This is going to be one helluva' weekend if everyone registered shows up. I'm told we're definately on pace to break records for entries! Go Turkey Trot! Or should we start calling it the "Runoffs South"?

GO FLORIDA!
    The majority shall rule.

Also, for anyone going to Sebring this weekend I have to add this. I think we should all make an extra effort to thank Charlene Gunn who has been doing registration for this event. If you can, try and say or do something. She has gone WAY BEYOND the call of duty and I think a special thank you is in order. A lot of problems were caused by the hurricanes and she's tackled the challenge. Charlene, I'm bringing you a pie, cookies, donuts or something! I'll think of something. You've been fantastic!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. See many of you tomorrow!

GO FLORIDA!
    The majority shall rule.

Incredible weekend!

Does anyone know the condition of the driver from the Group 1 incident? It was an incredibly violent hit and I just hope he's alright. Took a long time to get him out. I also can now say my window net serves a true purpose as it kept a good deal of debris from ENTERING my window!

Also, anyone have any comments on the Group 1 restart? I'm still a little perplexed especially how a car that didn't make the grid and ended up taking the pace lap and green flag in last position got moved up 50+ places as a result!

GO FLORIDA!
    The majority shall rule.

[quote]
    Incredible weekend!

Does anyone know the condition of the driver from the Group 1 incident? It was an incredibly violent hit and I just hope he's alright. Took a long time to get him out. I also can now say my window net serves a true purpose as it kept a good deal of debris from ENTERING my window!

I found my window net quite useful in 17 myself to keep the tires out! oh well the guy that won had to pick up the parts of his car on the cool down lap from hitting everyone in sight...grrr sundays race went better and i got an awesome start, but that damn bmw just has too much motor for me on the straights and he just reeled me up to the tune of 1.5 sec per lap and i gave it to him on the last lap...my bad but was fun anyways. 103 car fields in group 2 :119:

Evan, who has lots of bodywork in the off season, Darling <_<

P.S. Marc, the car looks AWESOME!! my car has a dent....
    Evan Darling
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005

To the question of the car that started at the back and moved up 50 positions...
    Maybe he&#39;s just fast!!!

Last I heard on the driver was he was transported to Tampa General as a precaution, and his son had talked to him in the emergency room. He said he was fine, but was none too pleased at what happened.

Congrats to all who came this weekend.
    Mark
    Mark P. Larson
    Fast Family Racing
    #83 GP Nissan 210
    CFR #164010
    3X CFR ITC Regional Champ
    1995 SEDIV ECR Champ
    Go Big Or Go Home!

What a weekend. A real big has to go out to all the workers and officials that made this event happen. Bob Shafer made a great call to split the group 2 quallifying. I don&#39;t remember ever seeing such large fields in every class.

Unfortunately there was some carnage. I&#39;m glad to hear the driver of the Rabbit that rolled down the front straight was uninjured. I hear a certain green Neon had in-car footage that my have shed some light as to what happened.

I had a great time and ran pretty good considering I have been out of my car for over 2.5 years. A special thanks to Toni, Jim at Bodyshop dot com, Mike at ISC Racing Services, Chris Brubaker, Luis Caban, Rob, Brian and everybody that came by to see the Bullet and her new flame job. She was not a Silver Slug.

Evan, sorry to see your car so battered. It just gives you the opportunity to make her pretty again. Remember, an ounce of image is worth a pound of performance.

See you at the next one.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Ditto on the split qualifying. Great call Bob.

I didn&#39;t find the cause of the electrical gremlin that killed the 66. It did spring back to live after we got home. If nothing else, I had a great view of the last 19 minutes of Sunday&#39;s 20 minute race.

A little rubbing and sanding, and she&#39;ll be looking good as new.

Great weekend. With the size of the fields we had, the potential was there for serious problems ranging from registration lines to parking and paddock issues, to on track carnage. I think everything went very smooth. Thanks to everyone involved.
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

Originally posted by Mazmarc63@Nov 28 2005, 09:20 PM
    Unfortunately there was some carnage. I&#39;m glad to hear the driver of the Rabbit that rolled down the front straight was uninjured. I hear a certain green Neon had in-car footage that my have shed some light as to what happened.
    [snapback]66855[/snapback]
    Unfortunately we were not using the wide angle lens which would have caught the whole thing. With FWD you point the car sort of awkwardly in 17 so the camera didn&#39;t catch much. Hairy situation though. Never had to dodge so much debris!

Glad to hear the driver is ok. It was a scary hit.
    The majority shall rule.

I was remiss in my previous post.

Major props should be presented to Buzz Marcus The old guy can still slide that Rx-7 as fast as she will go. Great job Buzz. See you at the next one.

To Bruce Shafer for providing me possibly the best race I have ever had. Awesome job Bruce. Next time you&#39;ll be watching me.

To Scott Seck for providing me a lesson on Sunday. Great drive buddy. The video is great.

I would also like to congratulate Peter Keane on his ITB SARRC win.
    That my friend, is inspirational. Always a pleasure to see you and your family. By the way, did you see Jaws Craven? He&#39;s coming back to............................Spec Miata, of course. Look out.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Are ITS results posted anywhere?