Thread: Here's a bombshell for you...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

what John said.

Barry H.

What John said. John I don't even think you can say the proposed idea was "tabled". There was never a motion made to even consider the idea. It was just discussed. For it to be "tabled" there would have been a motion on it, discussion, and then it would be voted up, down, or tabled. I don't remember such a motion nor do I think the minutes of the mid-year meeting will reflect such a motion being made.

As to the claim by Matt that the "Elite Eight" are trying to ban the non-racing regions from putting on a club race that is just plain silly. No discussion like that ever occurred nor does the math add up. The non-racing regions have a vote just like the racing regions. How can eight regions outvote ten regions? The math does not add up? Nor was there any motion made by anyone to such an effect and therefore there is no minutes on the SEDIV record about such a thing because it did not happen. Nor is that something to be proposed at the annual meeting. If if that fiction were fact I would oppose it. Again my region may possible help another region with its first club race. Again another issue Matt claims as fact that is fiction. Capt. John can verify that.

It is not "all about Buccaneer". It is about division wide issues of not enough workers/stewards, a very crowded race calendar, and the desire of some regions with either no race or one race to get a decent chance to have a date that at least potentially won't be a loser versus regions that have a bunch of races. As a division we are trying to work out those issues which I thought is what REs are suppose to do. What we did agree to do at the annual meeting is discuss the problem again.

Matt, I don't agree with Buccaneer idea either (not that you asked) because it does not fit what my region wants in the near future either. You can even ask Capt. John about that too. But I will listen to an idea. My point is also that you have made all kinds of outlandish claims about what happened in this "secret meeting" when there was never one and you have put out a lot of incorrect facts.
    Barry H.

Originally posted by apexingsupra@Nov 20 2005, 07:03 PM
    What John said. John I don't even think you can say the proposed idea was "tabled". There was never a motion made to even consider the idea. It was just discussed. For it to be "tabled" there would have been a motion on it, discussion, and then it would be voted up, down, or tabled. I don't remember such a motion nor do I think the minutes of the mid-year meeting will reflect such a motion being made.

As to the claim by Matt that the "Elite Eight" are trying to ban the non-racing regions from putting on a club race that is just plain silly. No discussion like that ever occurred nor does the math add up. The non-racing regions have a vote just like the racing regions. How can eight regions outvote ten regions? The math does not add up? Nor was there any motion made by anyone to such an effect and therefore there is no minutes on the SEDIV record about such a thing because it did not happen. Nor is that something to be proposed at the annual meeting. If if that fiction were fact I would oppose it. Again my region may possible help another region with its first club race. Again another issue Matt claims as fact that is fiction. Capt. John can verify that.

It is not "all about Buccaneer". It is about division wide issues of not enough workers/stewards, a very crowded race calendar, and the desire of some regions with either no race or one race to get a decent chance to have a date that at least potentially won't be a loser versus regions that have a bunch of races. As a division we are trying to work out those issues which I thought is what REs are suppose to do. What we did agree to do at the annual meeting is discuss the problem again.

Matt, I don't agree with Buccaneer idea either (not that you asked) because it does not fit what my region wants in the near future either. You can even ask Capt. John about that too. But I will listen to an idea. My point is also that you have made all kinds of outlandish claims about what happened in this "secret meeting" when there was never one and you have put out a lot of incorrect facts.
    Barry H.
    [snapback]66081[/snapback]
    What facts were incorrect? That Roebling could theoretically wind up with 11 races while everybody else gets 3? That 16 races could end up split between RA and Roebling and the other two divsions that call that area home while we get reduced to 6? If we had less stewards and more workers we'd be fine but we've made all our workers stewards. Tell me, why do you need 27 stewards at a race for 110 cars? The only time I know that we had a serious problem in FL was a few years ago when the workers and officials abandoned us to go do a pro race. Mike Cox mobilized us and asked us all to work a race or two. I said Hell yea. Turned out that we didn't even have to but more than willing and ready. I think every FL driver would be more than willing to instead of giving up races. And why are we finding out about this four months after the fact? Why didn't you just come out and say dirvers need to do something about this. We would and we will. Give me the flags and a call before my race group!
    The majority shall rule.