Has there ever been any consideration in SCCA to have a forced induction class? It appears that, at present, SCCA doesn't class many turbo cars which is very curious to me. It seems to me (an outside observer) that many of the up-and-coming young folks are into cars running turbos. Some of these cars came equipped with them, and some are aftermarket mods, but most of them are small displacement (3 liter and less).

As a member based organization (which is losing membership to other racing series) it would make sense to take a hard look at this. Maybe have a class for 4 bangers (2.5 liters and under), 6 bangers (3.5 liters and less) and then a super class of V8 forced induction cars. Basically these are "open" classes where almost anything goes and a certain HP to weight ratio must be observed.

I know the first response from some will be "COST!!". I would bet that many of the cars competing in drifting (YAWN) cost way more than most IT cars. This crowd has the money and are willing to "think outside the box".

What do others think of this? It's just a "rough" idea and I don't have all of the answers, but it seems like it would be a great idea to boost membership and open the racing opportunity to a whole new set of drivers.