Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a bombshell for you...

Originally posted by Mattberg@Nov 24 2005, 08:42 PM
    Funny... That's exactly what they told us about the Spec Miata vote in 2004. "Don't overreact. Everything's fine. Just wait until the meeting." Then they pulled the rug out from under us having made their decisions months before against what the drivers wanted. :angry: No. I don't think we'll be giving them that kind of wiggle room anymore. They can't be trusted when there's regional interests and money involved. :angry:
    [snapback]66607[/snapback]

Matt...
    1. Who is "THEY"? A name or a face would help one know who we are talking about. A nameless, faceless reference to an entity known only as "they" does not give clear and concice information regarding the identityof those who you feel have performed a diservice to the SCCA members of SEDIV.

2. What was the Spec Miata vote in 2004 about, where a decision had been made by "they" ( Same group as rerfered to above ) some months before negating the wishes of the drivers ? There were two meetings in 2004, Jekyll and Atlanta. When I departed the room at both of these meetings the carpet--rug-- was still very much intact.

3. Since the afore menntioned "they", cannot be trusted with the well being nor money of the Regions of SEDIV, this amounts to a vote of no confidence.
    I'm certain that a plethora of volunteers are patiently waiting in the wings, anxious to be tapped on the shoulder with the golden sword so that they may go forth as the "new and improved they".

Doctors practice medicine, lawyers practice law. Could we be considered to be practicing Administration? Maybe with enough practice we'll get it right.

Capt.John

Originally posted by Capt.John@Nov 26 2005, 06:14 PM
    Matt...
    1. Who is "THEY"? A name or a face would help one know who we are talking about. A nameless, faceless reference to an entity known only as "they" does not give clear and concice information regarding the identityof those who you feel have performed a diservice to the SCCA members of SEDIV.
    [snapback]66700[/snapback]
    "THEY"? Who cares? The officials who voted! What difference do their names make? It was a general reference to officials taking actions in conflict to their contituency's wishes as a general practice. They voted as a group so it makes it hard to name names or condemn the enitre group but if that's what you want, so be it. The whole BoD. Since they only selectively make their votes public there's no way to know who "THEY" are. When the votes stop taking place behind closed doors I'll send you a list.

2. What was the Spec Miata vote in 2004 about, where a decision had been made by "they" ( Same group as rerfered to above ) some months before negating the wishes of the drivers ? There were two meetings in 2004, Jekyll and Atlanta. When I departed the room at both of these meetings the carpet--rug-- was still very much intact.
    The Spec Miata National proposal and subsequent vote is what I was taling about. No offense John but where have you been the past two years? Although I can believe people didn't know much about it, as it was kept pretty quiet. Exactly why I want to make sure this current issue is not handled the same way. Also, the issue is about official decisions and protocol in general, not just SEDIV topics. This is an issue of both divisional and National scope.

3. Since the afore menntioned "they", cannot be trusted with the well being nor money of the Regions of SEDIV, this amounts to a vote of no confidence.
    I'm certain that a plethora of volunteers are patiently waiting in the wings, anxious to be tapped on the shoulder with the golden sword so that they may go forth as the "new and improved they".
    There we go with the "volunteer" trump card. Always the last resort. If it's so bad don't do it. If you hate it, don't do it. If you can't do it, don't accept the responsibility and then say it's not your fault because you're a volunteer or that no one else will do it. If Florida region can't cut it, fold it into CFR. Same for any other region. That's actually what I'd like to see. John you're a very nice guy but all I'm hearing from you and Krys Dean is excuses and how bad it is and how you're tired of hearing complaints about workers and officials. I was shocked to hear you agree with the concept of reducing the number of races as it sounded like someone who was simply throwing in the towel. Conversely I have seen little or no postive pro-active measures taken to improve the situation. Maybe it can't be done. If not, fold up the tent, relinquish the region to CFR and become a member of CFR. But don't try and keep the region alive by downsizing the market to fit what the region can provide.

Doctors practice medicine, lawyers practice law. Could we be considered to be practicing Administration? Maybe with enough practice we'll get it right.
    Capt.John
    Perhaps we should be looking into Administration malpractice. As far as geting it right? Well it's been years and years and we still have no automated registration system. That's administration. We have little if any technology at work to the extent we could be using it. Why are we not e-mailing race notices and other marketing information to racers? I've never received a thing and it costs NOTHING! One letter a few keystrokes and, VOILA! That's administration. Techonolgy is painfully absent from our administration both in SEDIV and Topeka. To me it's mind boggling. You want me to write a plan? No problem. I have a copy around here of the one I wrote three years ago with full financials and pro formae included. All that's missing are the bids from some system integrators.
    The majority shall rule.

Originally posted by Toni@Nov 23 2005, 10:37 PM

Tom,
    Barber did not become unavailable. Alabama Region has chosen not to race there. Alabama Region was unable to come to a working agreement with the Barber Track Management. They did not read their contract well enough to realize that they would have a post race payment to make for damages or should make a pre-race track inspection. As I understand it, the SCCA insurance made the damage payment for them. They also have previously raced at Talladega, yes the big track. Alabama Region has also chosen not to race there. They now want to race at Roebling Road instead of at a track within their own boundaries.
    South Carolina Region also puts on races at Roebling – about 30 minutes outside their boundary. South Carolina also puts on races at Carolina Motorsports Park which is 5 minutes outside their boundary.
    [snapback]66510[/snapback]
    I go away for Thanksgiving and come back and find this ridiculous and insulting comment on here. Toni, you were not at Barber in 2004 nor have you ever been a party to any of my region's discussions or meetings with Barber. I would appreciate it if you would not comment on things you know nothing about.
    First as to "they did not read their contract well enough to realize that they would make post race payment for damages or make a pre-race inspection" that is complete bull hockey and you owe my region an apology. I am an attorney by profession. I was the first person to negotiate a contract with Barber in that we were the very first event at the track in 2003. I read every last paragraph, sentence and word. So much in fact that prior to our inaugural race working with Barber, several revisions were made, some of substance on risk management issues that involved meetings with their managment, in-house counsel, and outside counsel. Some of those negotiated provisions are still in the contract.So yes, we read it very carefully. We have done pre-race inspections at the end of the test n tune prior to taking possesion of the track every single time. I was not only aware of the Barber's damage provision (including how many square yards of grass you can tear up each day) I was also aware of other tracks damage provisions such as Road Atlanta and how much one is charge for oil dry, fire extinguishers and guardrail. We did our homework.

In 2003 the inaugural event we had more and heavier incidental contact with guardrail and tire walls than in 2004. We had the usual spills in the paddock too. Our damage bill for 2003? ZERO DOLLARS. My region knew in speaking with all the race chairs in SEDIV that incidental contact with tire walls and guardrails and "normal" spills in the paddock was not a billable damage item. It is part of the rent. There was no reason to expect the Alabama region was going to get a large damage bill in 2004. No one expected it even outside of this region. In the 2004 July race we had a normal race weekend. Some incidental contact with tire walls and guardrail but nothing major. Same for spills too. At the end of the weekend I met with the then track's manager and asked him if we needed to walk the track, look at anything in particular or discuss any damage. His response was that he had already done the inspection (with our race chairman) and that "everything looked fine". He is the track manager and I think it would be reasonable to assume it was fine. Ten days later we got a track damage bill for $17,000.

In talking to ALL the SEDIV race chairs after receiving such a bill no one could recall any region ever receiving such a bill even remotely approximating such an amount. Maybe one or two thousand on a bad weekend with badly crunched guardrail but not that amount. So yes we did involve National SCCA and that was the prudent thing to do. If we had gotten a bill for a few thousand dollars we would have just paid it.

You were not in the post race meetings with Barber nor did you confer with the licensed professional engineer who looked into this for us. In that the amount was in dispute we ultimately arrived at an mutual agreement with the track. Obviously after that situation the region did conclude that it could not afford to club race there if that range of post race damage bills would be the norm. Barber has the right to charge what they want for alleged damage but we had no indication prior to the event such a charge out of what was then the "industry norm" was going to occur. Since that time personnel has changed at the Barber facility and the track is more user friendly and damage bills are a lot less and more reasonable. Nevertheless the situation strained the relationship which is not helped by having to re-discuss this on the internet to defend the region against your unfair and inaccurate remarks. Right now we are not in a working relationship with Barber and when and if that does occur we will go back if it makes sense. I would like to think it can occur.

As to "choosing" not to go back to Talladega Superspeedway once again you don't know what you are talking about. We may have raced there a long, long time ago in the 1980s. We don't now. You know why? Because Harley Davidson has the exclusive lease on the road course to test their motorcycles. It is not for rent by anyone else. Also Harley Davidson has put rumble strips, speed bumps and other non-racing conducive suspension/chassis testing configurations on the wear surface. It is not in any shape for road racing. We did a Time Trial on the full oval back in 2002 but that is not a "road course" by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think driving a spec miata in a big circle on the apron at 100+mph could be called "road racing".

We go to Roebling because Buccanneer gives us permission to do so and track managment liked our event. So much that they are going to hold off on re-paving the track one week to let us put our race on in 2006. Any region can race anywhere it wants to with the permission of the home region in which the track resides. We could put one on at Laguna Seca with permission of the home region.

As to you asking me "pointedly" about Dixie, TVR, and Blue Ridge being excluded from club racing, you did not. Nor did I say such things much less think such things. Nor do you see Butch, John, or even Mark Rothermal the TVR RE say I said what you claim. They were all in the room at the meeting. You and I did not have a private conversation. What I said was to be heard by all. You are the ONLY one who claims the "elite eight" wants to exclude the non-racing regions and having me comment on it. I remember where you sat. Over my left shoulder on the left side of the room in the back. Capt. John was sitting immediately behind me and could hear anything I said. Butch was on the row in front of me to my right and about 7 or 8 ft. away. I usually have no problem being heard in a room. Mark Rothermal was in the room. None of them heard such a comment. So I can only wonder why you would say such untruthful things especially in light of TVR's comments that we have discussed how to help them with events (and co-sanctioned events), not exclude them. I am the one trying to help more regions go road racing if they so decide. Just ask Bill Perry of the Chattanooga region. He will confirm that.

I don't appreciate your comments that are inaccurate and unfair.

Barry H.

Misdirection will not help you Barry. Alabama will not get a race as long as I can help it. You don't have a track and you have no rights to one, at least not at the expense of cancelling other races so it can be made easier. Butch confirmed what Toni said and that's a fact. You have selective hearing. Being offended is only a result of the fact that your region can't get its act together and you don't have a track. Stop trying to be a player and fold into Atlanta or Buccaneer region if you want to be a region with races. I'm very confident after this weekend and talking with a number of officials that your proposal has NO CHANCE and if it did Florida would be gone leaing SEDIV with very little. So, keep it up and either go with the current program or watch Florida leave and watch what is the strongest division in SCCA racing become the weakest division in SCCA racing.

You are a divisive energy. It's bad for the division and bad for the club. Put your energy towards something positive versus power monging for your region that has nothing to offer and only wishes to take revenue from other regions. How many entries did AL region have at the Turkey Trot? You want our drivers and workers but you're not willing to send them here.
    The majority shall rule.

Hey moderator...can we move this to the regional (SE) section? maybe it's me, but it seems he said- she said derisive and nearly name calling...

I know..I don't have to read it, LOL....but even still, it's not in the proper area, IMHO...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Originally posted by Mattberg@Nov 29 2005, 05:21 AM
    Misdirection will not help you Barry. Alabama will not get a race as long as I can help it. You don't have a track and you have no rights to one, at least not at the expense of cancelling other races so it can be made easier. Butch confirmed what Toni said and that's a fact. You have selective hearing. Being offended is only a result of the fact that your region can't get its act together and you don't have a track. Stop trying to be a player and fold into Atlanta or Buccaneer region if you want to be a region with races. I'm very confident after this weekend and talking with a number of officials that your proposal has NO CHANCE and if it did Florida would be gone leaing SEDIV with very little. So, keep it up and either go with the current program or watch Florida leave and watch what is the strongest division in SCCA racing become the weakest division in SCCA racing.

You are a divisive energy. It's bad for the division and bad for the club. Put your energy towards something positive versus power monging for your region that has nothing to offer and only wishes to take revenue from other regions. How many entries did AL region have at the Turkey Trot? You want our drivers and workers but you're not willing to send them here.
    [snapback]66902[/snapback]
    I'm sure you'll snap my head off as you seem so capable of doing. But I've got to say...man, you are one "vicious bitch"!
    Could I add arrogant to that? Do you think that you have the power to take any of the Florida regions out of the SEDIV?
    Since you seem to have more facts and figures than the "Shell Answer Man", can you tell us how many drivers and workers supplied by any of the Florida regions at the Barber race track last July?
    I'm sure you have those figures on hand and can supply them to us all.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Chris,

Vicious? Who's trying to take races away for their own financial gain and power? I just want to race without driving 14 hours. I can run three Nationals and six without driving more than a three hours or so and I have two tracks less than an hour while living in the middle of two major metropolitan cities. I'm not vicious, I'm angry. :angry: Regional executives are more interested in money, power and recognition than the product and people that fuel this club. Why must everything always end up on the shoulders of the drivers in the form of some additional burden or expense?

And I have no idea how many Florida folks went to Barber but I'd bet it was significantly more than Alabama folks at Sebring because Barber is quite a draw. Personally, I'd be more than happy to make the trip to Barber just because of the track. I'd also go to the Runoffs if they were at Laguna Seca but you won't be seeing me at Topeka. Regardless, I have no problem with Alabama region participants not coming to Florida. That wasn't the point. The point is, cancelling Florida races in order to make an Alabama region race at Roebling Road the "only game in town" is wrong. In other words, I can understand people not wanting to make the trip to Florida for a race if it's not to their liking or too far and I'll gladly accept that. But why must Florida racers be FORCED to make a trip to a race or a track they really don't want to go to?

As far as having any power to take Florida out of the SEDIV, I never represented I did. But, I think I can safely say that should races be taken away there's a very good chance that it would happen. They have plenty of tracks, people and a BoD seat, as well as four of the most popular races in the country that bolster a significant cash position, second only to Chicago. I don't think Florida would have any fear of standing on their own if push came to shove. So it's not arrogance, just analysis of options and a potential business eventuality. I seriously don't think Florida would really have any other choice.

The majority shall rule.

Originally posted by lateapex911@Nov 29 2005, 05:59 AM
    Hey moderator...can we move this to the regional (SE) section? maybe it's me, but it seems he said- she said derisive and nearly name calling...

I know..I don't have to read it, LOL....but even still, it's not in the proper area, IMHO...
    [snapback]66907[/snapback]

Jake, it's actually looking to be more of a national problem in scope. I heard that a number of races have been cancelled for the same reasons in other regions around the country including at least one I know of in the NEDIV. The solutions being proffered here inthe SEDIV are avenues I would hope other regional officials would chose not to emulate ro consider as solutions.
    The majority shall rule.

Originally posted by Mattberg@Nov 29 2005, 08:43 AM
    I heard that a number of races have been cancelled for the same reasons in other regions around the country including at least one I know of in the NEDIV. The solutions being proffered here inthe SEDIV are avenues I would hope other regional officials would chose not to emulate ro consider as solutions.
    [snapback]66923[/snapback]
    Maybe because the Regions up here work as a TEAM. NER has control of NHIS and LRP...yet we don't hoard the race dates, we have plenty. Drivers from other Regions asked for less of a 'focus' on NHIS for the NARRC championship...and it was decided to move a date 'out of town'.

Guess what? That sucks for me but it's better for the Division as a whole. NER loses revenue, someone else picks it up. It's about being fair to the drivers who want to have a little more equity.

I truly believe that if the majority feel like you do Matt, FLA should break off into it's own Division. I especially love how you have 3-4 first hand accounts of that 'secret' meeting that are polar opposites, yet you only consider half of them to be based in any fact. It's all about your agenda.

It's not a National problem, it's about you not wanting to share your ball on the playground. The greater good means nothing to you. As I have said before, this proposal could be good for the SeDiv, or bad...but to frame it like you have is a joke.

Move it to SeDiv, we don't care.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Nov 29 2005, 03:10 PM
    Maybe because the Regions up here work as a TEAM. NER has control of NHIS and LRP...yet we don't hoard the race dates, we have plenty. Drivers from other Regions asked for less of a 'focus' on NHIS for the NARRC championship...and it was decided to move a date 'out of town'.

Guess what? That sucks for me but it's better for the Division as a whole. NER loses revenue, someone else picks it up. It's about being fair to the drivers who want to have a little more equity.

I truly believe that if the majority feel like you do Matt, FLA should break off into it's own Division. I especially love how you have 3-4 first hand accounts of that 'secret' meeting that are polar opposites, yet you only consider half of them to be based in any fact. It's all about your agenda.

It's not a National problem, it's about you not wanting to share your ball on the playground. The greater good means nothing to you. As I have said before, this proposal could be good for the SeDiv, or bad...but to frame it like you have is a joke.

Move it to SeDiv, we don't care.

AB
    [snapback]66929[/snapback]
    Andy,

I don't disagree with you but I don't think you're grasping the situation. These other regions ARE getting a share of the races. No one is stopping them from doing so nor is anyone hoarding race dates. There are 25 SARRC race dates and Florida has eight of them spread out over four tracks. There are eight at two tracks in GA/SC and nine at three tracks in NC/VA. Does that not sound like good distribution? National distribution is if anything, already terribly skewed towards GA/SC with half or five of the races on only two tracks, Florida with three races on three tracks and NC/VA with two on two tracks.

The problem is that the regions in question are not getting the job done and cancelling races. Their solution is to restrict Florida and North Carolina in order to force those drivers and workers to go to their races. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that none of these regions have track options so they all end up at one track, Roebling Road. Now we're looking at a terribly uneven distribution of races where theoretically one third of all SEDIV nationals and as many as half of all SARRC races would take place at a one track. Talk about focus on a single track! How would you feel if you were restricted to one race each at LRP and NHIS and the rest would HAVE to be at Mid Ohio? So, to even keep your license you'd have to make two trips to Ohio every year! That's what we're looking at here. My options are even worse than most Floridians because I have a conflict with the Roebling double so therefore I not only would have to make the 6 hour trip to the single there but tow the 13 hours to Atlanta!

And just for the record Andy, those polar opposites you refer to have mostly come around to admit that this proposal was in fact discussed and will be tabled for Jekyll Island so I am not framing anything nor do I have any agenda other than to protect our race schedule which is more than equitable given the number of tracks and racers we have and in line with what other areas currently have. Even Bama' Barry has acknowledged it and went as far as to say that money was a major motivation. Suffice to say, the general response I got at Sebring was that if it even looked like it had a chance, Florida would most probably split off and I would suspect to see some upset folks in North Carolina as well, which would hurt the division severely.
    The majority shall rule.

I will be most interested to see how a region of the geographic dimension and member contengency will manage the where-with-all to summon the power to seperate themselves from a geographic division when they are in the center of that division. If that should happen (lol) then what division would they join? Who would want them? I would certainly hope the approach division would have the right to refuse their admittance if such a move was made. Of course, the plan might be to form their own division. But what would be the name...South South East Div (SSEDIV), Florida Div (FLADIV), I know...Mostest Southern Div (MSD).
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

You obviously were not around in 1991. Lots of cash in the bank and lots of customers. CENDIV did it. FLADIV? We could have 6 nationals at four tracks and fill them all pretty well. Just set a bunch of participation records at the last regional and things are looking pretty strong. Don't be surprised if it happens. The Citrus Car Club of America maybe?

The distribution is fair as it is now. Screw with it by taking races away and distributing them all to Roebling Road and you'll guarantee it happening. I'm all for Alabama getting races but not at Roebling. Get Barber back and I'll be all for a redistribution but I think it should come from races at Roebling which gets WAY too many.

GO FLORIDA!
    The majority shall rule.

Your frequent use of the word "obvious" reflects on your ignorance. I've been a member since 1975. Their was much more involve with the separation of CENDIV and MIDIV. Geography was only one of the considerations. Thankfully, there are a lot more reasonable and level heads in the club than you and your "friends".
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

QUOTE(Capt.John @ Nov 26 2005, 06:14 PM)
    Matt...

"THEY"? Who cares? The officials who voted! What difference do their names make? It was a general reference to officials taking actions in conflict to their contituency's wishes as a general practice. They voted as a group so it makes it hard to name names or condemn the enitre group but if that's what you want, so be it. The whole BoD. Since they only selectively make their votes public there's no way to know who "THEY" are. When the votes stop taking place behind closed doors I'll send you a list.

Actually the vote is taken on the phone and the results are what counts. If you want to know how your Area Rep. voted, ASK him/her. Our Area Representative now is Bill Weston, he is stepping down and K P Jones was elected to take his.

The Spec Miata National proposal and subsequent vote is what I was taling about. No offense John but where have you been the past two years? Although I can believe people didn't know much about it, as it was kept pretty quiet. Exactly why I want to make sure this current issue is not handled the same way. Also, the issue is about official decisions and protocol in general, not just SEDIV topics. This is an issue of both divisional and National scope.

The GCR states that:

“A Regional Class with participation levels 0.5 above the
    participation requirements outlined in paragraph 17.1.11.A.
    for two (2) successive years may be considered for inclusion
    in the National Championship racing program, except Improved
    Touring.”

(The participation requirements are 3.5 average for the year.)

The SCCA counted cars for 2003 and 2004 and SM exceeded the participation numbers by a significant percentage, the recommendation by the CRB to take SM to a National class was posted in FasTrac for member comment. The BOD voted to make the class a National class which was again posted in FasTrac. The fact that we are anticipating over 100 SM cars at the Jan. National at Sebring will attest to the acceptance and support of the majority of SM drivers.

3. Since the afore ositive “they”, cannot be trusted with the well being nor money of the Regions of SEDIV, this amounts to a vote of no confidence.
    I’m certain that a plethora of volunteers are patiently waiting in the wings, anxious to be tapped on the shoulder with the golden sword so that they may go forth as the “new and improved they”.

There we go with the “volunteer” trump card. Always the last resort. If it’s so bad don’t do it. If you hate it, don’t do it. If you can’t do it, don’t accept the responsibility and then say it’s not your fault because you’re a volunteer or that no one else will do it. If Florida region can’t cut it, fold it into CFR. Same for any other region. That’s actually what I’d like to see. John you’re a very nice guy but all I’m hearing from you and Krys Dean is excuses and how bad it is and how you’re tired of hearing complaints about workers and officials. I was shocked to hear you agree with the concept of reducing the number of races as it sounded like someone who was simply throwing in the towel. Conversely I have seen little or no ositive pro-active measures taken to improve the situation. Maybe it can’t be done. If not, fold up the tent, relinquish the region to CFR and become a member of CFR. But don’t try and keep the region alive by downsizing the market to fit what the region can provide.

The Florida Region has a schedule for 2006 that includes:
    1-National
    5-Enduros
    1-Double SARRC and Two single SARRC’s
    1-12 Hour
    And a drivers school
    A total of nine (9) racing weekends

The only race that I am aware of losing is the “Christmas in July” event (that would have been number ten) that has had poor participation and problems drawing workers, it simply wasn’t a race that was supported by the racers or the workers.

Florida Region is doing just fine, in spite of what some “quasi” members might want you to think. We don’t have any problems that any other region doesn’t have, we have good volunteers (although more would be welcome), a good BOD , an excellent BOD elect for next year and we are financially solvent. And more importantly than that, the BOD is made up of a plethora of racers. John Anderson drives an IT car and teams with some other BOD members to drive a SM in the 12 hour, John Zucarelli drives a FA in SARRC, Al Capuano has an IT Porsche he will run in SARRC and regional events, Mike Finn Races both Enduro and SARRC races in his ITA Nissan, Rennie Bryant is a licensed driver, Chuck Lonsdale is the epitome of volunteers and rarely misses an event, Jim Akiyama is a licensed driver and works EVERY event he is in town and his Wife Ina works virtually EVERY event as our Chief Registrar. The person who will likely be RE next year is a past SARRC FA champion and finished second in the points this year, these and other racers are the volunteers who make up Florida Region and I am certain that they, like me, have no wish to cut races, but if no one comes (and that includes workers) you can’t have a race, that’s not “throwing in the towel”, just good administration.

There are those who would like to see CFR and Florida Region combined for there own purposes, but they are in the minority and CERTAINLY don’t represent the thinking of the Florida Region majority. Frankly Matt, if you are so enamored of the Central Florida Region, change your’ Region of Record, I doubt if anyone in Florida Region would notice or care.

Capt.John

Perhaps we should be looking into Administration malpractice. As far as geting it right? Well it's been years and years and we still have no automated registration system. That's administration. We have little if any technology at work to the extent we could be using it. Why are we not e-mailing race notices and other marketing information to racers? I've never received a thing and it costs NOTHING! One letter a few keystrokes and, VOILA! That's administration. Techonolgy is painfully absent from our administration both in SEDIV and Topeka. To me it's mind boggling. You want me to write a plan? No problem. I have a copy around here of the one I wrote three years ago with full financials and pro formae included. All that's missing are the bids from some system integrators.

The lack of On-line registration is at the recommendation of our Chief Registrar, and I support her recommendation 100%. SCCA National has a system that is being implemented and will allow for online registration, online payment etc. The system is not yet available for the Regions, but when it is, it will encompass all of the information we need to run an event. To spend money on a system that is marginal at best in the short term would be irresponsible and “bad administration”.

As someone who is in the computer business (my Company does software that runs ATM systems) I would be interested in reviewing your “plan” It should make some interesting reading.

Matt, your continued use of half truth and innuendo leaves one to assume that you have an agenda that is at odds with the best interests of the Florida Region, I have no idea what that agenda might be, but you certainly make the old adage true, “don’t wrestle with a pig in the mud, the pig will enjoy it and you will only get dirty.

I, for one, have wrestled this pig long enough.
    Spew away Matt, every Jackass has to bray.

Krys Dean

BTW, Matt I notice that your posts say “The majority shall rule” at the bottom, maybe you ought to join, oh that’s right you don’t join, volunteer, or “get involved”, sorry, my bad.

--------------------
    The majority shall rule.

Consider the changing of my region of record done. You tell us everything is fine and John Anderson is telling me it's a mess. You just lost another member. Nice going. You aren't pro Florida, you are just pro official. How you can sit back an allow Roebling Road to become the center of the universe is beyond me. Your support of this proposal is an affront to every racer in the state. I suggest that more Florida region drivers switch over to CFR as well if Krys Dean is representative of the kind of administration we have in Florida region.

GO FLORIDA!
    The majority shall rule.

One quick phone cal to Topeka and a fax and it's done. I am now a member of CFR. Funds for my dues to the Florida region will be transferred to CFR through Topeka.

Thanks Krys. Don't know why I didn't think of doing that sooner.
    The majority shall rule.

Originally posted by Mattberg@Nov 29 2005, 03:05 PM
    One quick phone cal to Topeka and a fax and it's done. I am now a member of CFR. Funds for my dues to the Florida region will be transferred to CFR through Topeka.

Thanks Krys. Don't know why I didn't think of doing that sooner.
    [snapback]66964[/snapback]
    Phew...so you ARE NOT swithcing to NER??

OK, everybody relax...the crisis is over...

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Wow! I can't believe this is still an active topic. :119: Talk about WAY too much time on your hands. I think someone needs to step away from the computer, get some friends and then maybe get a life.

The quickest way to kill a rat is with a trap, but you have to get rid of the food source if you want to make sure it does not come back. You guys need to quit feeding this one.

Tom Sprecher

Ageed, I'm done. This clown has had way more than his 15 seconds of fame.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Barry, you're so cute when you're angry. Your face gets sooo red.

My reply I did too
    your reply did not
    my reply did
    your reply not

The proposal to limit races and those who put them on is out in the open. We'll see what materializes in January. Hopefully all the regions who want to race will be able to race and when they want to.

BTW - Alabama raced at Talledga in the mid 70s (I raced that one) and the late 80s (steward at that one). Both times the Region decided that they did not have the staff to continue racing.

did too giggle

Toni Creighton