Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a bombshell for you...

Originally posted by Chris Wire@Dec 11 2005, 01:55 AM
    These days you would be more accurate referring to it as the Massachusetts sidestep, or the Vermont two-step!

Texas brings it straight and has been since 2001!
    [snapback]67847[/snapback]

Let's just call it the Alabama Hustle!
    The majority shall rule.

I'm also a little curious as to why this topic which is absolutely driver specific was not brought up at the many races since the meeting? I have a funny feeling that Fred Schmucker was either kept in the dark or just didn't do the right thing. I won't speculate but he's THE SARRC guy and I'd think he'd have informed us had he known about this. I hope he has plans to get us some information in the very near future.
    The majority shall rule.

This only gets worse...

More to come this afternoon. :angry:

GO FLORIDA and NORTH CAROLINA!
    The majority shall rule.

Bump
    The majority shall rule.

Where's the Friday meeting guys? RE's? Anyone want to answer? Maybe I'll just show up at the rumored site...
    The majority shall rule.

Matt,

For God's sake, let it die here in General Discussions....jeez.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I second Andy's motion.

Tom Sprecher

Ditto
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

So not to jump on Matt's wagon here. BUt what if there is really something here that will cost you guys races and or money. Where does one go to share this stuff without being shot down?
    I just spent 2 months fixing an issue with bad compression specs in touring cars. I think a few people thought I was nuts and that it couldn't happen. Well check the fastrack this month, they got corrected. It is important to have a voice you guys look at this club to much like a new copper penny and it's not. SCCA is a great place to race but it's just as tarnished and any penny would be that's be around this long....Have fun and play nice. Listen to the message even if you struggle with the messenger.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

Originally posted by Joe Harlan@Dec 20 2005, 06:56 PM
    Listen to the message even if you struggle with the messenger.
    [snapback]68817[/snapback]
    But Joe, that is so so hard
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Originally posted by dickita15@Dec 20 2005, 04:44 PM
    But Joe, that is so so hard
    [snapback]68818[/snapback]

It can be but let me tell ya...Some of the stuff that has gotten by in the past is bacause nobody was willing to take the heat for calling BS on it.......

I see a few to many fast balls get thrown right by us as a group. I know Matt come across as Chicken little cause of his delivery but when there are supporting facts why should we ignore them?
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

Barry,

You have 24 hours to come clean and then I'm going to publish and document what you've done this past week or two. Just a warning. I'm pissed and there are going to be a lot of pissed off drivers very soon. :angry:

The majority shall rule.

Last chance Barry. I can't wait 24 hours. Sorry. I Need to get on a plane and this can't wait. You've been silent since the memo that you said "didn't exist" was produced so I sort of doubt you're going to reply anyway.

What you did last week is worse and I go public today. BTW, I pretended to be an RE and got all the information I needed to confirm it. It was easy. You guys really are morons. If you're going to do something sneaky and underhanded, at least do it right. Now I know why your region has such problems. You can't do anything without screwing it up. Three phone call deal and I found out what you were up to.

It gets published in three hours. On top of that I have the stats on your region. Very interesting. Those get published too! How embarrassing that will be you poser!

p.s. Who's paying your hotel bill? HAHAHAHA Sorry folks, a little inside joke. It'll make sense in a couple of hours.

The majority shall rule.

I've been out of this for a while due to my own Mustang business taking off, but I just pent about 2 hours catching up and getting the facts as straight as I could as a driver.

First of all, Matt may a bit more "excited" than some of us about some topics, but you know what? If it were not for him bringing this to light, none of us would have been any the wiser about it until it had gone a lot further than it possibly has. I applaud him on his efforts.

Second, as I have read this thread, I see two distinct camps forming. One seems to maybe be a bit anxious about the topic, but pretty much has the same message throughout. The other camp however, seems to be changing stories and recollections of the facts as more and more details come to light. This to me is a major indicator that something indeed is awry.

CWire and I have had our disagreements in the past, as have others in this thread, but you know what? We're 100% in agreement on this one. I, like many people here, have a busy schedule and not a lot of time for the politics of the racing, we just know when our races are, and expect to be able to get our car to the track and have a good time.

This proposal, in ANY form, sucks. That's about the BEST word I can use to describe it. If you want a race weekend, eliminate the milage rule for the division, or restrict its scope more, and compete for the business. If SEDIV is one business, then it should be run as one, not as a bunch of regions fighting for limited capital like a large company with many divisions. This is why the big players (WalMart, GE, etc) always have to be watchful of someone smaller, more agile, and better at getting business, because someday they may be relegated to the staus of KMart and Sears.

If however, the division is a bunch of regions fighting for limited resources called a division just for organizational sake, then by all means, let the consumer (racer) vote for which regions should flourish (by voting with their checkbook) and which ones should flounder and possibly be absorbed by others. To do anything else would be a disservice to the racers, and an invitation for other sanctioning bodies to come in and cut up our pie even more.

Finally, I said it before, but it bears repeating... if you want a race in some region far from Daytona or Sebring or something, go for it, even if it is on the same weekend as a race I already planned on. If it's a good venue, the costs are reasonable, and people report that it's a big hit, maybe I'll be there to check it out. Maybe I won't. But the point is I will have that choice, and that's as racers all we want, the choice to race where we want, when we want. And with the beautiful weather this division is blessed with, there is no reason to stop racing just because the boys up north are heading for the heated garages.

Ok, finally, finally.... to the detractors... I understand your points, but who has been bringing the facts, and who has been deflecting here? If there are no hidden agendas, and nothing to hide, why the double-speak and changing of stories every time a new fact or memo is brought to light? I haven't been a big fan of conspiracy theory since Slick Willie left office, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
    -Marcello Canitano
    www.SilverHorseRacing.com

I wish I were as eloquent as Marcello...
    The majority shall rule.

[quote]
    Last chance Barry. I can't wait 24 hours. Sorry. I Need to get on a plane and this can't wait. You've been silent since the memo that you said "didn't exist" was produced so I sort of doubt you're going to reply anyway.

It gets published in three hours. On top of that I have the stats on your region. Very interesting. Those get published too! How embarrassing that will be you poser!

It'll make sense in a couple of hours. [quote] Nothing got "published" :119:

Originally posted by Mattberg@Dec 21 2005, 06:24 PM
    I wish I were as eloquent as Marcello...
    [snapback]68888[/snapback]
    we all do Matt
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I waited almost 24 hours...

So here's what the scumbags did...

They didn't want any of us drivers to know what they were doing so they moved their meeting to a different hotel across town. You didn't think I'd figure it out Barry? You are one stupid hick. I made three phone calls and found you out.

So they are going to have their secret meeting, "closed" of course, at the Jeckyll Island Club at 6:30 PM on the 20th in the Federal Reserve room. We will be there Barry and you will be lucky if we don't drag you out and put you in the dumpster. By the way, Who is paying for that room and your personal room? There are a number of reserved unused rooms at the convention hotel. You chose not to go there. Why? Because you're a sneaky deceptive POS.

BTW, you are not registered at the hotel we are all staying at at $49 a night. I have you staying at the $219 night Island club. Your region paying for that? Must be nice to be "someone" when you have nothing else in your life.

The majority shall rule.

Anyone want to know how many registered workers and drivers there are in Alabama?

Where are you Barry you nutless wonder? I personally can't wait to confront you at the convention. I can't wait to parade you around in front of SEDIV drivers and tell them what you're trying to do. 47 drivers? 44 workers? And you want to put on races? You are the biggest joke in the world. Merge into another region because you're about as important a region as Guam. You'll be lucky to make it out of Jeckyll Island without a blanket party. If I were you I wouldn't even show up. Look for me. 6'5" around 200 lbs. Can't miss me. I'll be wearing a shirt that says "Alabama Sucks".

The majority shall rule.

Yay! What a wonderful thread in the General Section! I would LOVE to follow this IN THE SOUTHEAST FORUM...why did you let it die there?

Please, in the spirit of the Holiday's Matt...

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967