I've been out of this for a while due to my own Mustang business taking off, but I just pent about 2 hours catching up and getting the facts as straight as I could as a driver.

First of all, Matt may a bit more "excited" than some of us about some topics, but you know what? If it were not for him bringing this to light, none of us would have been any the wiser about it until it had gone a lot further than it possibly has. I applaud him on his efforts.

Second, as I have read this thread, I see two distinct camps forming. One seems to maybe be a bit anxious about the topic, but pretty much has the same message throughout. The other camp however, seems to be changing stories and recollections of the facts as more and more details come to light. This to me is a major indicator that something indeed is awry.

CWire and I have had our disagreements in the past, as have others in this thread, but you know what? We're 100% in agreement on this one. I, like many people here, have a busy schedule and not a lot of time for the politics of the racing, we just know when our races are, and expect to be able to get our car to the track and have a good time.

This proposal, in ANY form, sucks. That's about the BEST word I can use to describe it. If you want a race weekend, eliminate the milage rule for the division, or restrict its scope more, and compete for the business. If SEDIV is one business, then it should be run as one, not as a bunch of regions fighting for limited capital like a large company with many divisions. This is why the big players (WalMart, GE, etc) always have to be watchful of someone smaller, more agile, and better at getting business, because someday they may be relegated to the staus of KMart and Sears.

If however, the division is a bunch of regions fighting for limited resources called a division just for organizational sake, then by all means, let the consumer (racer) vote for which regions should flourish (by voting with their checkbook) and which ones should flounder and possibly be absorbed by others. To do anything else would be a disservice to the racers, and an invitation for other sanctioning bodies to come in and cut up our pie even more.

Finally, I said it before, but it bears repeating... if you want a race in some region far from Daytona or Sebring or something, go for it, even if it is on the same weekend as a race I already planned on. If it's a good venue, the costs are reasonable, and people report that it's a big hit, maybe I'll be there to check it out. Maybe I won't. But the point is I will have that choice, and that's as racers all we want, the choice to race where we want, when we want. And with the beautiful weather this division is blessed with, there is no reason to stop racing just because the boys up north are heading for the heated garages.

Ok, finally, finally.... to the detractors... I understand your points, but who has been bringing the facts, and who has been deflecting here? If there are no hidden agendas, and nothing to hide, why the double-speak and changing of stories every time a new fact or memo is brought to light? I haven't been a big fan of conspiracy theory since Slick Willie left office, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....