Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Here's a bombshell for you...

Matt, I am one of the 47 drivers from Alabama. A few other of the drivers are my friends and customers. That being said, I assure you that most of those 44 drivers don't support Our region racing at Roebling. We would rather be at the track that is in our backyard. Personally I am at Barbers 8-15 times a year with different sanctioning bodies. We have tried to approach our BOD about this problem. We have no say or opinion in their decisions. Our current BOD has no racing experience out side of our license and SARRC rep. He is also our assistant RE. He is just as much of the problem as Barry is. Don't hate Us 47 drivers because of the actions of a few. Alabama is a wonderful state!!

GO ALABAMA DRIVERS!

I'm with you dude. It's Barry we need to stop.
    The majority shall rule.

So who wants to hear what Barry did?

Friggin' scumbag set up the "secret meeting" at a different hotel. Didn't think I'd figure it out? What are you? An idiot? The other regions claim it's on the Alabama nickel but I'll make sure of that. One penny gets assigned to SEDIV and Barry will be wearing stripes and a number across his chest.

As far as the meeting, I know where it is and I'll be there. Better have the police to keep me out but I will have a video camera with me. Alabama drivers should talk to your RE before he makes a mockery of your region. I'm going to make sure it's a joke.
    The majority shall rule.

Originally posted by Mattberg@Dec 21 2005, 09:39 PM
    So who wants to hear what Barry did?

Friggin' scumbag set up the "secret meeting" at a different hotel. Didn't think I'd figure it out? What are you? An idiot? The other regions claim it's on the Alabama nickel but I'll make sure of that. One penny gets assigned to SEDIV and Barry will be wearing stripes and a number across his chest.

As far as the meeting, I know where it is and I'll be there. Better have the police to keep me out but I will have a video camera with me. Alabama drivers should talk to your RE before he makes a mockery of your region. I'm going to make sure it's a joke.
    [snapback]68930[/snapback]
    So get a copy of the regions bylaws and help these 47 drivers remove this problem..
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

Originally posted by Joe Harlan@Dec 22 2005, 05:31 AM
    So get a copy of the regions bylaws and help these 47 drivers remove this problem..
    [snapback]68937[/snapback]

Joe thank you for your suggestion. My wife spent about 10 years on alscca BOD and was the regions registrar. We have a copy of the bylaws, it pretty much gives the RE absolute power. The bylaws are 20 plus years old. The have never been a problem until the current RE who has only been an SCCA member for 4 years.

Our region is primarily a solo region. 90% of our current BOD has no racing experience. 90% have memberships only 2-5 years old.Most of the solo guys dont care about our road racing but enjoy spending the proceedes. Barry lobbies the solo crowd pretty hard. He makes sure they are kept happy so he will have the votes. Barry is not well recieved by most of the racers or members with 7years or more.

Barry has told me personaly he will have FRED SMUCKER,TONI CRIEGHTON, and JIM CRIETON removed from SEDIV. That was the deciding factor for me to change region of record on my renewal date.

I am embarresed for the Alabama region as are many others! :119:

Wow. Well I think my original call on Barry is starting to look pretty good!

Blanket party?

All you detractors still feel the same way? Like I said. There's no black helicopters, just a lonely guy who found a way to satisfy his ego and now he wants even more money and power. Your twenty minutes are up Barry.

And to you Alabama drivers. Don't worry. We know he doesn't represent you. Please feel free to come join our region. You will be welcome anytime. \\

p.s. If any of you REs had any sack you won't show up at his little party.
    The majority shall rule.

Oh Joy and Rapture! I’m going to be fired for being open and honest. Whoopee!!!!

But wait a minute, the only division job I have is as pointskeeper. That is appointed by the Executive Steward. I don’t think he currently has a problem with me. He definitely tells me when he does.

Why fire Schmucker? He hasn’t done or said anything on this board. His job as Exec is to supervise the division race program and attempt to have compliance with the GCR by all regions - equally. He has a succession plan in place and the replacement will be appointed by the Chairman of the Stewards Committee (and approved by the Directors of Area 3 and 12). The current deputies are the probable short list for the job. I don’t think any of them have a problem with me either. But if they do they will be open and honest and tell me to my face that I’ll have a replacement as pointskeeper.

Why fire J Creighton? He is the SARRC Administrator. It is his responsibility to see that the SACCR Committee functions and that the supps for SARRC races are compliant with the SARRC rules (made by the Committee). I had that job once; it is a very thankless job. He also does permanent numbers and coordinates the Jekyll meeting. No one in their right mind would want either of those two jobs. I’ve seen how much work he does on those two at this time of year. He is also appointed by the Exec Steward. He too hasn’t expressed an opinion here. He wasn’t even at the July meeting. He was working at a race that weekend.

The other things I do are as a volunteer on a race by race basis just like any other race staff worker. I work tech and as a steward. At tech I call the chief for the event and help if needed. Fire me from there? Is someone upset with the way I push cars across scales? As a steward, we turn in a list of races we are able to work and the scheduling deputy for that area makes the assignments. I don’t think there is anyone that is currently upset with the way I function as a steward – either drivers or other stewards. I show up and do the job well. I try very hard to be as fair as I can to all concerned. When drivers don’t like the outcome of a decision, they have an avenue to pursue the issue farther. Fire me for doing a good job?

I’m entitled to an opinion just like everyone else. I’m entitled to an opinion on how SCCA and this Division are managed. I’m a member. There is no mandate that says I can’t give my opinion here or document it with facts. I have never been one to do business behind closed doors or keep my opinion to my self. I try very hard to be open and honest with the things I do for SCCA. Fire me for having an opinion? Everyone in SCCA has an opinion. Some are just more vocal that others. This time I chose to be vocal on an issue that was detrimental to the race program in this division. Fire me!

We all have one goal (or should have), to put on safe, fun, fair races for our competitors. When we can’t work together to grow the race program that benefits all because we are too busy making self serving proposals and undermining others, you betcha I’ll have an opinion. And when my opinion will possibly do something make an improvement in what we do or how we do it, I’ll let you know what it is. There is always a better way to do something. Working against others and in secrecy is not the best practice in how to put on better races for our competitors.

Oh Joy and Rapture! I’m going to be fired for being open and honest. Whoopee!!!!

Toni Creighton
    AKA soon to be fired and vocal

Toni, I would like to make myself clear. I think Fred, Jim and yourself do an outstanding job!! The three of you do far more than most for alot longer time. Don't get me wrong I support change and new ideas but it is hard to argue with how well SEDIV has been running. As a region alscca are the new kids on the block> We owe alot of respect to other regions such as Atlanta for helping mantain our racing region status for years. I hate to see someone that has been only a member for a few years think they can change the world if it doesn't meet their agenda. I can only hope other regions don't think we are all like Barry and Geoff.

Secret agendas or not, secret meetings or not, double speak or not, it amazes me that anyone would treat volunteers like they are being treated on this thread. Why in the world would anyone want any part of working for a Region after seeing the crap that has been spewed out here?

If you don't like the way a volunteer is running things, get out the bylaws and vote them out. But the name calling and threats -- man, that's just weird.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Look a clubs bylaws have to be approved by National. (If I remember correctly.) I would suggest you get all the info together and challenge the regions charter at the national office, May not get you anywhere but it is inside the bylaws of the national organization. Matt's tactics are good for opening the wound but you need to follow some of the basic stuff to get any further.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

Thanks Joe I will look into that!

One thing I know is SARRC is one of the best damn regional series in this country, period. Jim, Toni and Fred have made that happen. I've had my go-arounds with all three of them but you can't deny the facts. They've done a helluva' job.

Now this guy comes tromping in trying to change things to his liking? Barry, you better be prepared at the convention because you are going to get one hell of a fight if you attempt to get anyone "kicked out" of SEDIV. Just try me Barry. Truthfully, I really think this is going to be an interesting meeting. My bet is that you get laughed out of town, especially when I start bringing out the numbers on your region and its status as a "racing region". I think I'll make a motion that you be removed from that status. You got no track, few racers and fewer workers. Why do we continue to let you masquerade as a racing region?

Here's my proposal:

A racing region will be defined as one with at least one track, 100 registered drivers and 100 registered workers. You don't meet those requirements you're not a racing region.
    The majority shall rule.

Since all the REs I've talked to seem to be inclined to attend this farce of a meeting I want to make sure everyone knows when and where.

January 20, 2006 at the Jeckyll Island Club 6:30 PM in the Federal Reserve Room. I'm bringing silly string, a super soaker and I'm brushing up on my fake fart noises. Might have a few real ones for you too Barry. Pull my finger! Air horns are welcome. This might just be fun. Hey you get a chance to hear a guy with a base of 47 racers and no racetrack tell us how to run our division and how his region should get a peice of our 2000+ racers and workers. Hilarious.
    The majority shall rule.

Wow. I was this close to joining SCCA, but the rediculous politics and arrogance of the supposed 'Executives' takes my breath away. I don't know Matt W. from Matthew Broderick, but the evolution in this thread from 'he's a rabble rouser, ignore him' and 'he doesn't know what he's talking about' to 'wow, he is right!' 'there is fire in this smoke' 'quick, lets cover our tracks' is just amazing.

what a backfill and bob-and-weave evasion job by the 'leadership' on this issue. From 'there is no proposal' 'nothing happened' to 'oh THAT proposal' 'it means nothing' 'you see nothing here, move along' - sheesh. Just couldn't be honest to the membership, could you?

Sad. I think I'll find another organization to spend my $$$ and time. I don't know what NASA is like but it can't be this bad. What a shameful way to treat your volunteers who sacrifice to bring racing to the membership.

Matt and Toni, good luck, I don't know you personally but you have my respect for the guts it took to bring this matter to the racers. Its not so much the proposal itself, but the way the 'leadership' responded after getting caught. It spoke volumes.

Jaye

NOOOOOOOOOO! Jaye!

SCCA is awsome! I'll guarantee that. Every once in a while we get someone doing something stupid. That's what loudmouths like me are for!

JOIN! You'll have a blast. You're invited to join us at Sebring and Homestead too! We'll be cooking steaks and drinking beers. Doing a little racing too! Everyone is welcome and you'll have a blast!

Don't let the actions of a couple of idiots sway you. We're taking care of that problem. You just worry about going racing and having fun. See you at the races. NASA sucks anyway. :P

GO FLORIDA and NORTH CAROLINA!
    The majority shall rule.

Originally posted by Jaye@Dec 22 2005, 01:39 PM
    Wow. I was this close to joining SCCA, but the rediculous politics and arrogance of the supposed 'Executives' takes my breath away. I don't know Matt W. from Matthew Broderick, but the evolution in this thread from 'he's a rabble rouser, ignore him' and 'he doesn't know what he's talking about' to 'wow, he is right!' 'there is fire in this smoke' 'quick, lets cover our tracks' is just amazing.

what a backfill and bob-and-weave evasion job by the 'leadership' on this issue. From 'there is no proposal' 'nothing happened' to 'oh THAT proposal' 'it means nothing' 'you see nothing here, move along' - sheesh. Just couldn't be honest to the membership, could you?
    Sad. I think I'll find another organization to spend my $$$ and time. I don't know what NASA is like but it can't be this bad. What a shameful way to treat your volunteers who sacrifice to bring racing to the membership.

Matt and Toni, good luck, I don't know you personally but you have my respect for the guts it took to bring this matter to the racers. Its not so much the proposal itself, but the way the 'leadership' responded after getting caught. It spoke volumes.
    Jaye
    [snapback]69007[/snapback]
    Jaye,

I can see why you would think that but it's a small microcosm of the Club and I suspect it is just as much a fact of life in any other organization.

I have never liked the way Matt has gone about 'bringing issues to light'...never. I won't go into the myriad of reasons why but for every issue like this I can assure you there are 1000 that are just the opposite. As someone who is in the Northeast, I am spoiled to be a member of a true member-driven Region and Division. That is the rule, not the exception.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I've made the mistake of getting involved in this discussion before and said I wouldn't do it again. Matt seems to relish in attacking, avoiding, sidestepping, and rerouting any comment that he doesn't seem to agree with for what ever reason. It's been said that "small minds have large mouths."

Several of the people named on this thread I know, most I don't. Those I know, I have a great deal of respect for a number of reasons. Others I won't base an opinion on from a lot of ranting and raving and name calling.

If Alabama Region has an R.E. that they feel is leading them down a path that they don't want to go, then it's their fault for allowing him to do so, and for defaulting their own responsibilities by electing someone into an office of leadership that didn't represent the wishes of the majority of the club members. It's up to them to make a change, not people from other regions. If his decisions affect other regions, then there are ways to control that other than name calling and threats. From what I've read, it sounds like the proper means are being used and none of them involve this thread.

This guy may be the devil incarnate, the anti-Christ, and the twin brother of Osama Ben Laden...Idon't know. But calling him a POS and threatening to pummel him is libel and threatening. It can be punished by law and the offender either imprisoned or fined. It is he who might be wearing stripes and numbers.

Matt, you have issues that you need to have attended. You refer to this guy as a coward, but yet you use this forum to attack him. If you really want to contact him with your concerns, then there are more direct methods of approach. I've been thankful that this forum doesn't have sound. Your printed words indicate a lot of screaming goes on in your mind. That's not healthy...might I suggest anger management.

I'm sure you will attack me for my comments, it seems to be your style. Sadly, you seem to have recruited others to sometimes do your work for you. But stop feeding your own ego and stop threatening to physically damage, intimidate, or refer to people in crude and abusive fashion on this site. I'm sure it was never designed for that.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

What happened to Barry? He was so vocal there for a while and now he's sort of disappeared. :P Guess it's sort of tough to get caught in so many lies and such a decepetive approach to doing things. :P

Barry, is your party at the other hotel BYOB? We were thinking of bringing a keg. Ok by you? Let me know. No one will tell us who is setting up this meeting so I don't know who to call. Need us to bring anything? Chips? Dip? Crying towel?

The majority shall rule.

I work alone Chris.

And I have no need to attack you. You're not an official telling me lies and trying to shut down my racing. Barry on the other hand... well he's just a kid who never got picked for the team and has now found a place where he can be important. Pretty sad. Wonder if he drives...

GO FLORIDA and NORTH CAROLINA!
    The majority shall rule.

Originally posted by charrbq@Dec 22 2005, 09:22 PM
    But stop feeding your own ego and stop threatening to physically damage, intimidate, or refer to people in crude and abusive fashion on this site. I'm sure it was never designed for that.
    [snapback]69018[/snapback]
    I'm just going to hit him with th super soaker and some silly string. Maybe blow the air horn or drop a couple of SBDs. No real harm.

And how do you categorize a regional official coming to this board and blatantly lying to everyone in order to fulfill his personal agenda. Now that's abuse. Calling me abusive for bringing it to light is a little rough.

The majority shall rule.