Using the '94-'95 numbers for the Miata or '96-'97? [/b]
94-95. The 94-95 was the only car in ITS when a request for reclass came down. After that decision had been published, a request came in to add the 96-97. Since the engines are idential except for an open item in IT, therefor having the same exact IT-prep potential, it was decided to put them on the same spec line.

AB

ok back to the ITS subject, heres a question...If you compare the RX7 numbers with GSR and 99 Miata numbers, is it close? you say adders and such but the miata in S is obviously waaay down on power, and the GSR has almost identical power and torque figures (RX very slight advantage on the numbers ive seen...but if SERRA's numbers are good...dead heat) should have a minus for smaller brakes/front drive/crappy aero (compared to the RX)...so why is it 10# heavier than said RX?? I know SCCA does not guarantee competitiveness, but if all it takes is to re look at the formula...they cant be the same. If the Integra lost 80# and 500 people built them do you think they would dominate?? of course because so many are spending big $$ on it to go win...then it is stamped an overdog. The point is to make all cars equal in full prep trim. I'd love to see many makes battle for wins...ITA seems like it will shape up this year... [/b]
Guys, I can't keep saying this over and over. When the re-org happend, cars were looked at that stuck out. If you were over 100lbs 'off', you got a switch - porvided we have interest and info. If you were less, you got consideration but not neccesarily a change. Some were made that made sense...like a BMW example of a 25lb break due to 3-4 other cars with the same drivetrain getting to 2600. We are just trying to get everyone on the same planet, not balance everyone on the head of a pin - it's impossible.

50-75 lbs doesn't bring an underdog into competitiveness IMHO.