Originally posted by Fastfred92@Nov 21 2005, 10:44 AM
Andy, using your own valid argument explain to me how you see the 99+ cars ever having a chance in ITS when you admit the early cars have little chance in ITA.... Using these same ARRC results show me the 99+ cars that outshine the early ones in SM?

My argument is that the additional mods allowed in IT are linear in that they apply to ITA the same as ITS. Given that in SM or Pro SM the 99+ has had no real advantage given a set of rules to equalize them ( read like IT comp adjustments ) so I can very easily see a ITA 99+ Miata being a competitive car, not a OVERDOG. No scenario, in my opinion, has the 99+ competitive in ITS.
[snapback]66129[/snapback]
I am trying to say that the Miata's may not be THE cars for the class because they may only be 100% competitive on tracks that are small and not power-oriented... because I don't know if they can make enough power to overcome the very real aero issues they have.

The IT mods are linear between ITS and ITA - but they are not linear between a 1.6L SM, a 1.8L SM and a 99+SM. The 1.6's have no restrictor plate and a well developed open intake. The 99+ (in Pro) has a 43mm restrictor and a factory airbox. Just taking those handicapps off the 99+ should put it 24-25 stock hp up on the 1.6 in ITA.

Like I said, to 'fit' in ITA, it would have to weigh 2650ish lbs. You like that number in ITA or 2400 in ITS? It's a tough call, I will admit...it just may be that the Miata is a car that may not be destined to dominate ITS...and there really isn't anything wrong with that. We aren't in the business of balancing every car on the tip of a pin-head...

Now when the 2006 MX-5's come out of the new Pro series in years, THAT will be an ITS car.

AB