Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2006 ARRC

Suggestions for next year? Not many.. I feel the ARRC was about as well run as an event of that size can be, and would like to offer my thanks to all of those who worked so hard to make it that way.. I'll be back for sure in 06..

Long lines at registration? Yeah I saw them so I kept driving and went to the Publix to pick up my beer (didn't need ice last weekend to keep 'em cold!) and came back later when the line wasn't as long.. Waited maybe 10 minutes, and by then the tech line had also died down.. Also, I registered at the far left window, and I'm a WDC region Yankee, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't ATL only..

As for the paddock.. I think putting one of the larger race groups like the Miata Armada in the ALMS paddock would probably work fine, but we'd need extra workers to grid them in the other pit lane. Is it possible to paddock some cars (maybe the ones with RV's or monster enclosed trailers) in the ALMS paddock and have them drive the race cars to the front paddock for pit lane access?

I also agree with Marshal about the 2nd driver fee for the enduro. $150 is just too high. If the fee is lower next year, I'm sure I can probably find a co-driver so I can participate.. And kick the asses of the defending Spec 7 enduro champs!

Sandy:
    Yes, there was parking space problems, as usual, only recommendation is limit the number of support vehicles in the paddock area to 1 for each registered driver! ENTRY FEES for second and third endro driver's way too high, $50 would be acceptable, $150 is getting ridiclous - needs to be revisited by Atlanta BOD.
    Saturday Night, good, but could have used some heaters outside social area to keep all of the nicotine addicts from freezing, they are being polite and going outside to indulge addiction. Agree on [COLOR=red]ITB/ITC Mandatory Split Start in the Supps!! If the supps list 45 min for enduro qualifing, give the cars all the time scheduled, otherwise advise in supps that qualifying may be split based on the size of the enduro field.

HONDA69
    2005 SEDIV ECR ITC Champ
    2004 SEDIV ECR ITC Champ
    2005 ARRC Enduro Survivor (and first Loser)

Originally posted by SRX7#27@Nov 19 2005, 04:07 PM
    As for the paddock.. I think putting one of the larger race groups like the Miata Armada in the ALMS paddock would probably work fine, but we'd need extra workers to grid them in the other pit lane. Is it possible to paddock some cars (maybe the ones with RV's or monster enclosed trailers) in the ALMS paddock and have them drive the race cars to the front paddock for pit lane access?

Next year, with Spec Miata going National, will they be allowed to come to the ARRC?
    If not, will this allow the separation of ITB & ITC?

Regarding paddock space, if a 65'x10' hauler carries 4 cars which it then paddocks in a 20'x65' canopy space, it is taking up about 488 sq. ft. per car.
    A 24'x9' closed trailer towed by a large van or pickup is going to take up the entire 40' width of a small paddock "island." Add to that a 12'x 20' area to park the car and crew and it is taking up 600 sq. ft.
    Just for reference...

Tim Rogers - Atlanta, GA
    ITA NX2000
    I bought GregA's car
    But I stole his avatar

Originally posted by timrogers@Nov 20 2005, 04:58 AM
    Next year, with Spec Miata going National, will they be allowed to come to the ARRC?
    If not, will this allow the separation of ITB & ITC?

Regarding paddock space, if a 65'x10' hauler carries 4 cars which it then paddocks in a 20'x65' canopy space, it is taking up about 488 sq. ft. per car.
    A 24'x9' closed trailer towed by a large van or pickup is going to take up the entire 40' width of a small paddock "island." Add to that a 12'x 20' area to park the car and crew and it is taking up 600 sq. ft.
    Just for reference...
    [snapback]66038[/snapback]
    true, it is less about the hauler size than it is about car density. haulers with lots of cars in them are good use of space (the formula scca folks did well). if you add crew cars and monster rv's to that hauler's space, utilization goes down fast. that same hauler with only one or two cars is a waste of space. for example, i didn't see it unload, but there was a huge toterhome with big trailer in the paddock that looked like it had only one its car parked next to it all weekend.

That was me with the toter and trailer. We had plans of 2 or 3 cars, but we did not get our other cars finished for the race. We did end up having 2 more cars pit with us for friday and saturday.

-scott

Originally posted by mlytle@Nov 20 2005, 10:36 AM
    true, it is less about the hauler size than it is about car density. haulers with lots of cars in them are good use of space (the formula scca folks did well). if you add crew cars and monster rv's to that hauler's space, utilization goes down fast. that same hauler with only one or two cars is a waste of space. for example, i didn't see it unload, but there was a huge toterhome with big trailer in the paddock that looked like it had only one its car parked next to it all weekend.
    [snapback]66050[/snapback]

Originally posted by skrissel@Nov 20 2005, 11:57 PM
    That was me with the toter and trailer. We had plans of 2 or 3 cars, but we did not get our other cars finished for the race. We did end up having 2 more cars pit with us for friday and saturday.

-scott
    [snapback]66096[/snapback]
    of course, i am jealous scott..you have a very nice rig!!!
    and i was wishing i had brought my its car down to run with you...

marshall

Marshall,

Thanks. You should have brought it, would have been fun. I'm headed to Savannah for the BMW race in Dec, you should join us...Its always a good race weekend.

-scott

Originally posted by mlytle@Nov 21 2005, 12:46 PM
    of course, i am jealous scott..you have a very nice rig!!!
    and i was wishing i had brought my its car down to run with you...

marshall
    [snapback]66156[/snapback]

Thank you so much for your comments. I will cut and paste them into a single document for use at the next 2006 ARRC meeting. Some of your suggestions have already been adopted. One thing we do promise for next year: We will do our best to get information out and the ARRC website up months in advance; no last minute planning! As a matter of fact, we had our first 2006 ARRC meeting last night. As for the Atlanta guys, call me or send me an email and volunteer to help. A few of us are doing all of this work; we need you to help. Thanks, Sandy Pence, Atlanta Region Treasure, PRO IT Administrator, Trophy Buyer, and Paddock Queen