Thread: 2006 ARRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Originally posted by Catch22@Nov 18 2005, 06:28 PM
    I wasn't responding to you in particular Kevin, just all of the silly crap that I've seen in here lately in general.

I know several people who used vacation days to come to the ARRC and WORK for our silly asses. Its just totally unacceptable for people to make up silly conspiracy and favoritism tales as a "thank you" for taking time off work so we drivers can have fun.

As far as car numbers are concerned... Gwen is trying to assign numbers to 300 cars, some of which are running in 2 or 3 different races (ProIT, ARRC, Enduro) over the course of the weekend. She's trying to assign numbers so that people don't have to be changing them between races all weekend.
    Folks who think there is some sort of number assignment favoritism there might try to volunteer to help Gwen assign numbers next year. Yeah... I'm betting she won't have to fight off the crowd of volunteers trying to help her with that.

A whole bunch of people just need to grow the hell up.
    [snapback]65874[/snapback]
    silly conspiracy tales?
    fact - one of first cars entered
    fact - entered both arrc and enduro with same car
    fact - told several times before the event that had first choice number
    fact - got to registration and had no number on list at all
    fact - were assigned a number that was not any of original choices
    fact - the number we originally requested was used by a local car who only entered the enduro

supp quote
    6. CAR NUMBERS: Will be assigned by the Registrar upon receipt of a properly submitted entry form. SEDIV permanent will NOT be in effect at this event. Numbers will be assigned on a first come basis. You will be contacted only if your first number choice is not honored.

conclusion - well, figure it out yourself.

i brought this up not to impune the workers who volunteer, it was brought up as a suggestion to follow the supps next time in how numbers get assigned. this thread is about suggestions, isn't it?

volunteer to help? i already do in my region thank you. events in this region regularly draw 300 cars.

before you go off spewing a bunch of "crap" you may want to "grow the hell up" yourself....

Originally posted by mlytle@Nov 18 2005, 07:39 PM
    silly conspiracy tales?
    fact - one of first cars entered
    fact - entered both arrc and enduro with same car
    fact - told several times before the event that had first choice number
    fact - got to registration and had no number on list at all
    fact - were assigned a number that was not any of original choices
    fact - the number we originally requested was used by a local car who only entered the enduro

supp quote
    6. CAR NUMBERS: Will be assigned by the Registrar upon receipt of a properly submitted entry form. SEDIV permanent will NOT be in effect at this event. Numbers will be assigned on a first come basis. You will be contacted only if your first number choice is not honored.

conclusion - well, figure it out yourself.

[snapback]65916[/snapback]
    Thats all great and everything. I can understand because the EXACT same thing happened to me last year.

I ended up with a number that I didn't even request, and I registered on the FIRST DAY registration was open.
    Why?

Because Gwen was trying to solve a puzzle. She was doing it with no permanent numbers to fall back on and lots of cars in multiple races.
    I was registered for the enduro. So were 85 other people (uhhh... that means ALOT of number have to be assigned). So I had to take a number that was available in both my sprint race group AND the enduro group. Sure, I registered before the guy who got my number, but that number was available in BOTH groups he registered for, so it made sense to give it to him.

If there is any issue, its that the supps need to be changed to read that numbers will be assigned at the registrars discretion. To say that first come will get them is a pipe dream. Its not going to happen.

At any rate, there isn't any favoritism or atlanta region number conspiracy. Just a really nice lady doing the best she can to make things as easy as possible on everyone.

Don't accuse people of things if you don't understand whats happening behind the scenes. If you think its easy to assign a single number to (for example) an ITA car for three different race groups over the course of one weekend with 300 cars I challenge you to try it and see if you can do it without pissing someone off.

I have no idea why I even try. I'm sure I just completely wasted 5 minutes of my life typing this.

[email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX