Thread: Rocky Mountain Division Tracks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Originally posted by Joe Harlan@Dec 14 2005, 05:39 PM
    I'll bet there are people qualified to do the job outside of this club. Second you sure as hell do not use the spouse of an SCCA employee,Period Matt. What job are you shooting for in the club. The position you take on alot of issues makes me feel you are looking for a BOD/CRB shot in the future.

When you take a job as an employee of the club that should exclude you fom doing private business that relates to club racing. I did not do a report on Big Eds handyman service but one has to wonder in Mrs Ozment is an officer of that business? My wife is the vice president of my company. The point is that there had to be someone else that could have done the job that would not have used his/her position to push for financial gain for their own company.
    [snapback]68300[/snapback]
    I'll bet there are people qualified but how do you determine who is qualified? SCCA certifies that they meet our standards as a track inspector, right? At that point they are an agent of the club. But by your logic we would have to exclude anyone with actual experience in track construction. Secondly, what you have apparently not understood despite NUMEROUS statements, the decision to use Ed for the inspection is not affected or influenced by his wife. Two different departments. The only thing club racing has to do with it is they are informed not to issue sanctions for the track and that occurs AFTER the inspection. Prior to that they aren't even involved in the process. So to drag Terry into this is flat out wrong.

Nice try about calling my motives into play but I'm not biting. I have told you before I already have enough on my plate, the last thing I am interested in is a BOD/CRB position. Furthermore if you knew my stance on a wide range of club topics you would realize I am far from likely to fit the traditional BOD/CRB role.
    ~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

Originally posted by Matt Rowe@Dec 15 2005, 03:02 AM
    Secondly, what you have apparently not understood despite NUMEROUS statements, the decision to use Ed for the inspection is not affected or influenced by his wife. Two different departments. The only thing club racing has to do with it is they are informed not to issue sanctions for the track and that occurs AFTER the inspection. Prior to that they aren't even involved in the process. So to drag Terry into this is flat out wrong.
    [snapback]68318[/snapback]
    You know that for a fact? I was told the week she got hired that this would happen. You know why? It happened before. You are either naive beyond belief or just in total denial.
    The majority shall rule.

Originally posted by Matt Rowe@Dec 14 2005, 08:02 PM
    I'll bet there are people qualified but how do you determine who is qualified? SCCA certifies that they meet our standards as a track inspector, right? At that point they are an agent of the club. But by your logic we would have to exclude anyone with actual experience in track construction. Secondly, what you have apparently not understood despite NUMEROUS statements, the decision to use Ed for the inspection is not affected or influenced by his wife. Two different departments. The only thing club racing has to do with it is they are informed not to issue sanctions for the track and that occurs AFTER the inspection. Prior to that they aren't even involved in the process. So to drag Terry into this is flat out wrong.

Nice try about calling my motives into play but I'm not biting. I have told you before I already have enough on my plate, the last thing I am interested in is a BOD/CRB position. Furthermore if you knew my stance on a wide range of club topics you would realize I am far from likely to fit the traditional BOD/CRB role.
    [snapback]68318[/snapback]
    They do? Then get me a copy of the ceritfication and its qualifications. cause now you want to talk about lawyers. What happens when the reapris are made a nd an agent of our club recommends somethign that gets someone killed who is the insured? Second I could care less if it's a different dept. What is her title. Director of club racing? Is the Tech dept not under club racing? Next I could llive with almost all of that but then we have a statement that he pressured the track mananger into his company doing the repairs. Come on Matt even you can't be on the koolaide that deep dude. If there is a certified track inspection process then there has to be other inspectors that could be used as long as Mrs Ozment is an employee of the club.
    And you still over look the timing of the whole dam deal.....
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com