Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARRC-ITB

Had the two classes been seperated, the incident at 10 wouldn't have happened.
    Maybe, but having ITC / ITB seperated had nothing to do with this incident. Like I said, I'm glad I had video of it and was able to show it to the chief steward as well as Chuck after the race.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I would first like to congradulate Juston and Chris on a flawless race. I would like to thing that if I did not make such big mistakes in the begining of the race, I might of had something for them. I had a great weekend, I think it was the most relaxed ARRC that I have been to. I would like to thank my crew Danny and Leslie, who made the weekend so easy. These to guys are true profesionals!

I would also like to apologize to my brother for the slide job in turn six, but once i removed my head from my rear end, I did not have time for him to run me all over Road Atlanta. If you can not scr*w your family, who can you scr*w?

I also feel bad for Chris Albin, he had a very fast car but the racing gods dealt him a bad hand in qualifing. I think the race would have been a whole lot different if Chris A and Sam did not have problems. It was good seeing you Chris and I am sure you will be ready next year.

It was also good to see the boys from Canada and I am always impressed with how well Derek can wheel a car. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did and I can not wait until next November. PK

I was shocked to see the B AND the C cars together...what possible reason could be given for combining the field??

The times were similar??? All the MORE reason to seperate them! It's the ARRCs for goodness sake!

The track is huge...plenty of room, and it's obvious that they had a second pace car available...

I just don't get it.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

My comments based on my "grid walk" before the race....

Peter keane....awesome job...you were "coming" as they say.....it looks like you got seperated early, then started running faster and faster. Peter told me before the event that his Miata was set up better control-wise....if thats the case, you would have given them lots to worry about!

Chris Albin-
    wow...what a run..from 21st (?) to 5th! There really should be a "Hard Charger Award!". Chris described to me before the event the issues he had in qualifying, and while I was confused as to the exact problem, I think it meant he drove the session steering with only one hand! I told Dave on grid to expect to see you in his mirrors...

And Dave..great job, considering all that you've been through this year....that car was at a body shop??? What...did they steal the good parts?? Kidding....
    Nice drive..excellent job. But you are right, Melissa is the best. Make sure you tile this winter!

Justin Pooles car looked to be driven very well, and I spoke with him the next day. A well put together car for something he started on AFTER he got back form the Runoffs! Wow.

Too bad about Sam..I would have liked to see another marque up there.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Originally posted by lateapex911@Nov 16 2005, 04:35 AM

And Dave..great job, considering all that you've been through this year....that car was at a body shop??? What...did they steal the good parts?? Kidding....
    Nice drive..excellent job. But you are right, Melissa is the best. Make sure you tile this winter!

[snapback]65489[/snapback]
    Dave, you really did a great job especially considering that this was your first time at Road Atlanta. I think your car really did benefit from Melissa's Holistic Race Prep And Tuning service. How else could it have held together after the thrashing it got on the first lap?
    We're expecting a podium from you next year.....

Tim Rogers - Atlanta, GA
    ITA NX2000
    I bought GregA's car
    But I stole his avatar

I must congratulate my teammate, Chirs Wikle, on an awesome 2nd place! The number of years he has been up front and had the Atlanta monkey grab him just sucks. So this year, the game plan was bring one car and not both, seemed to work, but I really want to run the sprint race again!

The lap times (save the lap where Justin got the lapper between) were all within .2 EVERY LAP, very impressive!

After the other Accord went off, Peter must have gotten a wiff of VW as he cranked it up and kept it consistent also. At one point I was ready to call on the radio to tell Chris the gap, but it had shrunk since my last measurement and I just couldn't LIE to him. Think he would know the difference between 3 second gap and 1.8??

Also thanks to BSI for another year of putting up with us and giving us GREAT pit stops during the Enduro.

Originally posted by bobpink@Nov 16 2005, 11:32 AM
    ITB and ITC used to have their own groups (see year 2000 results), but the number of ITC cars dwindled to the point where it didn't make sense for them to have their own group at the ARRC. ITB isn't doing too great either compared to the mid-90s. Get the car counts up and let's see if they get their own run group again.
    [snapback]65530[/snapback]
    I don't think folks are surprised they are together, but surprised that a split start wasn't done. Let everyone sort it out early in the race and not have ITB's growning about an ITC car and vice versa. Once we catch traffic we catch traffic...

Originally posted by lateapex911@Nov 16 2005, 04:19 AM
    I was shocked to see the B AND the C cars together...what possible reason could be given for combining the field??
    ITB and ITC used to have their own groups (see year 2000 results), but the number of ITC cars dwindled to the point where it didn't make sense for them to have their own group at the ARRC. ITB isn't doing too great either compared to the mid-90s. Get the car counts up and let's see if they get their own run group again.
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA (sort of)
    ITS Honda Prelude

Originally posted by tschwenke@Nov 16 2005, 04:28 PM
    I don't think folks are surprised they are together, but surprised that a split start wasn't done. Let everyone sort it out early in the race and not have ITB's growning about an ITC car and vice versa. Once we catch traffic we catch traffic...
    [snapback]65533[/snapback]
    Okay, got ya. I wasn't at the track and missed the point of your post (at work and have to read quickly). Split start has been done in the past and personally would have to agree with you. Can't shed any light on the decision that was made to start as one big group.
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA (sort of)
    ITS Honda Prelude