Hi Robert, I don't believe we formally met. Thanks for coming down. The two cars you guys had were super nice. I looked at both up close and they are real jewels.

Before seeing the race laps over at mylaps.com, we weren’t exactly sure how we stacked up speed wise vs the yellow car during an entire 20 lap race other than crossing the finish line first on the last lap. But after looking at all 20 laps at mylaps.com, we're quite satisfied to say the least. If we only knew at the time, we might have slowed down a little on lap 11 or something when we turned a 42.8. On that lap we had a couple of car lengths on the yellow CRX by T7, but as a result it gave it the perfect draft down the backstraight. It became glued to our rear bumper and stayed that way to the finish line. That's what it took to set the ITA track record at an incredible 42.0. Interestingly enough, other than this one lap mylaps shows the yellow car never running below 43s the entire race. Drafting is very important (Greg, did I say already we had a fun time doing that in one of the sessions! I regret not having the camera running then) and if used strategically as it was on poor Kevin in qualifying it also helps to produce pole sitting times such as that of the also very fast grey CRX. Drafting is always key in SM and SRFs, but it seemed to me this was the first time it played such an important role in ITA throughout the whole race weekend. Definitely a learning experience that we hope to be able use to our advantage next time. It would have been a much closer race had the yellow car been right for the whole race. Mylaps shows its last 4 laps at a 43.7, 43.2 45.2, and 45.8 and ours at 43.2, 42.6, 43.4, and 43.6. It's clear that the yellow car wasn't all perfect on the last two laps running 2 seconds of its pace. Even though we were catching it by half a second per lap towards the end, its slower last two laps sure made the outcome easier. Did I say I love mylaps.com? You can definitely analyze a whole lot of things with it.

We DNFed the Pro IT race because of a failure due to the abuse I put on the car up to that point of the weekend clobbering the curbs. It was good fortune to say the least for us for running that race. Luckily we never had any 4 wheel offs throughout the whole weekend, which can really get a car airborn at this track and put a lot of stress on it. I’ve seen myself and also heard that there were quite a few of those during the race by various cars and I’m also guilty of doing it once really hard in T5 when I put 2 off in that deep dirt hole. I was sure I just lost the front right wheel by the sound and impact it made, but it held together. Road Atlanta can be a very tough track on a car if not careful.

It's a shame you guys weren't able to run the enduro on Sunday. It would have been a lot of fun and we were looking forward to it. Good luck to you guys in your racing next year!