Thread: ARRC - ITA Race

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Originally posted by zracre@Nov 22 2005, 11:45 AM
    that sounds like a good weekend to go there and try it out for the first time for me!! any other ITA ARRC go'ers want to try it??
    It would just take you guys to make the trip to make it a reality. I don't think we'd be able to organize an official "regional only", highly sponsored event like the ARRC at this time though. But for all of you guys who want to do Mid Ohio anyway, lets pick one of our regional weekends now for next summer and we'll put on a hell of a show!

Here's what the SCCA regionals should be next year - these all include a Saturday and a Sunday race:
    July 1-2 - Cincy Region "Freedom Double"
    July 29-30 - Fort Wayne Region "Brat Bash Double"
    August 5-6 - Western Ohio Region "WOR Games Double"
    September 9-10 - Ohio Valley Region (my home region and the one I could have the most influence in setting up) "Autumn Classic Double"

We're also going to have three Honda-Challenge weekends their next year as well as the NASA National Championships September 22-24. NASA also occasionally hold Friday test days before the SCCA weekends but I don't know which ones at this time.

EDIT - I'm going to copy this over to the thread Evan just started!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

[quote]
    It would just take you guys to make the trip to make it a reality. I don't think we'd be able to organize an official "regional only", highly sponsored event like the ARRC at this time though. But for all of you guys who want to do Mid Ohio anyway, lets pick one of our regional weekends now for next summer and we'll put on a hell of a show!

Here's what the SCCA regionals should be next year - these all include a Saturday and a Sunday race:
    July 1-2 - Cincy Region "Freedom Double"
    July 29-30 - Fort Wayne Region "Brat Bash Double"
    August 5-6 - Western Ohio Region "WOR Games Double"
    September 9-10 - Ohio Valley Region (my home region and the one I could have the most influence in setting up) "Autumn Classic Double"

We're also going to have three Honda-Challenge weekends their next year as well as the NASA National Championships September 22-24. NASA also occasionally hold Friday test days before the SCCA weekends but I don't know which ones at this time.

EDIT - I'm going to copy this over to the thread Evan just started!
    [snapback]66334[/snapback]

Here are the NASA event schedule for Mid Ohio for 2006
    From what I hear, To be able to run the NASA Nationals you have to run some NASA races. You can't just show up and run the Nationals.

From the competion I see from the Honda Challenge. You guys will have no problem.

April 21-23 Mid Ohio

July 7-9 Mid Ohio

August 11-13 Mid Ohio
    September 11-17 NASA Nationals

So since Atlanta get to keep the ARRC name. Mid Ohio should be able to keep the Run Off name.

Clift

Originally posted by zenracer@Nov 25 2005, 11:48 PM
    So since Atlanta get to keep the ARRC name. Mid Ohio should be able to keep the Run Off name.
    Not exactly. SCCA let the trademark on the ARRC name lapse and Road Atlanta snapped it up...much to the chagrin of the SCCA once they learned of it. SCCA owns the RunOffs name so it goes wherever they go.
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA (sort of)
    ITS Honda Prelude